Matching the 18 A-Spec’s Red interior LED strips

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Matching the 18 A-Spec’s Red interior LED strips

Hi All,

I want tot tastefully add some footwell and under the seat red LED lights to compliment the stock red led light strips the A-Spec comes with.

Anyone do this yet nd did you use basic LED footwell strips or panel LEDs or do you use other stuff like EL, NEON type LED strips?

I want tot tie it into the stock lights so I guys I will use the glove box or armrest light to trigger the lights to come on when the parking lights are on so the interior is all lit at night?

I tried to see what that switch in the glove box does that is labeled ambient light but it doesn’t turn on or off the light strips so not sure what else I can use to trigger my added on LED footwell and under seat lights?

Thoughts/discuss?
Old 09-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Update: Last night I toggled that switch in the glove box for the ambient light and all it does is turn off the light strips across the dash only and all the others stay lit. I find that totally useless and am wondering if I can use that switch to trigger the red LED strips I plan to add in the foot wells and under the seat?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, thanks for figuring out what that ambient light switch in the glove box does. The salesman didn’t even know
The following users liked this post:
Temp_A-Spec (08-21-2018)