IOS 11 and pin reset - Import Phone Book Issues - 2015 TLX

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:05 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IOS 11 and pin reset - Import Phone Book Issues - 2015 TLX

I recently had the personalized pin in my navigation system reset at the dealer. This is where the wipe the previous owners customized pin that protects the address book. While it was in the shop, I updated to iOS 11. Now when I pair my phone and sync the address book and try to access the phone book from my car, certain tab groupings, like “GHI” are missing, only a small portion of the overall contacts are missing and it will not recognize the contact when I select it and try to make it a shortcut in the TLX system (phone area,etc). When it first syncs up for just the first time, it sees everything and acts normally. After that, it gets corrupted. I have tried “everything”, including wiping my phone. Reset the radio. Deleted Bluetooth. Tried not auto syncing, playing with the Bluetooth profile on the phone, etc. Everything. It appeared to work fine with another iPhone 7. I have the iPhone 7 Plus running 11. I have yet to wipe and revert the phone to 10.33 and or 11 without restoring my backup. Called Acura and they haven’t heard of the issue and want me to bring it in. Not sure what they will be able to do. Anyone else experience an issue like this?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraOgraphic
I recently had the personalized pin in my navigation system reset at the dealer. This is where the wipe the previous owners customized pin that protects the address book. While it was in the shop, I updated to iOS 11. Now when I pair my phone and sync the address book and try to access the phone book from my car, certain tab groupings, like “GHI” are missing, only a small portion of the overall contacts are missing and it will not recognize the contact when I select it and try to make it a shortcut in the TLX system (phone area,etc). When it first syncs up for just the first time, it sees everything and acts normally. After that, it gets corrupted. I have tried “everything”, including wiping my phone. Reset the radio. Deleted Bluetooth. Tried not auto syncing, playing with the Bluetooth profile on the phone, etc. Everything. It appeared to work fine with another iPhone 7. I have the iPhone 7 Plus running 11. I have yet to wipe and revert the phone to 10.33 and or 11 without restoring my backup. Called Acura and they haven’t heard of the issue and want me to bring it in. Not sure what they will be able to do. Anyone else experience an issue like this?
I see that you are a recent member. This seems to be a problem for others and a longer thread on this subject may be found here...
Old 10-24-2017, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I searched but didn't come up with anything.Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:01 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraOgraphic
I searched but didn't come up with anything.Thanks for pointing this out.
quick fix for the contacts not syncing

just delete all photos of contacts on the contacts app including yours on iCloud info tab at the top of the contacts list.

It may not be ideal but it is a temporary fix until apple fix the bug with iOS 11 and Acura infotainment.