Getting the best audio quality 2018 tlx

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting the best audio quality 2018 tlx

I know there's other threads for this but I don't see any for the 2018 tlx and I have concerns.
I listen to hiphop and reggae so I need good bass which is lacking. I heard it's because of the Anc but unplugging it effects the hands free calling witch I use.
I heard the els stereo system does alot of eq for its own speakers so buying after market speakers might make the quality worse because it's trying to eq them like the factory speakers.
I want to know will buying good base heavy speakers be enough or will I have to get a subwoofer too. I don't care about it being loud, I care about sound quality and good base to feel full.​

What options should I do
1. Just get great speakers known to produce bass without an amp even with the els eq issue.
2. Leave the factory speakers and get a powered subwoofer because of the eq issue making new speakers sound bad.
3. Leave the factory speakers and get a 5 way amplifier and subwoofer.
4. Get new speakers, with amplfier and sub.

So mad acura messed up with the Anc.
Money isn't really a issue but I really just want a great environment for music when going clubbing and such.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Older TLs had ANC and ELS was fine, so not sure how Acura screwed up the tuning of ELS in the TLX. There are 2 reasons I have been looking at an RLX Hybrid, one is the Krell vs. ELS, the other is not having to deal with the crappy 9AT in the TLX. I hope on next gen TLX they look at Krell for the Advance or something because ELS is not what it used to be.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane One
I know there's other threads for this but I don't see any for the 2018 tlx and I have concerns.
I listen to hiphop and reggae so I need good bass which is lacking. I heard it's because of the Anc but unplugging it effects the hands free calling witch I use.
I heard the els stereo system does alot of eq for its own speakers so buying after market speakers might make the quality worse because it's trying to eq them like the factory speakers.
I want to know will buying good base heavy speakers be enough or will I have to get a subwoofer too. I don't care about it being loud, I care about sound quality and good base to feel full.​

What options should I do
1. Just get great speakers known to produce bass without an amp even with the els eq issue.
2. Leave the factory speakers and get a powered subwoofer because of the eq issue making new speakers sound bad.
3. Leave the factory speakers and get a 5 way amplifier and subwoofer.
4. Get new speakers, with amplfier and sub.

So mad acura messed up with the Anc.
Money isn't really a issue but I really just want a great environment for music when going clubbing and such.
Not sure what you mean by unplug ANC will affect handfree calling? I have 2017 TLX base and no issue in handfree calling when unplugging ANC. Maybe 17 and 18 different, idk?
If you want good sound, a complete system upgrade is the best and still keeping factory headunit plus add the "big 3 or 4 upgrade". If you plan to have the shop do it, make sure u go to shop that deal with luxury car almost every day. I had experience with shop who stated they are good and review are good too but they can't even make my TLX sound good. I had to re-do everything myself with the help of people in this forum.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
The ELS is a tricky beast and swapping out speakers may not give you the desired results you're looking for. Sad but true because all your looking for is better low end response. If only there was a way...
Old 06-23-2018, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Has anyone truly confirmed (not placebo effect) that pulling ANC improves the ELS?
Old 06-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read somewhere don't kno if it's true but because the els does its only Ewing if I'm gonna replace speakers only gets ones that are 2ohm or somethings like that. I guess I should keep the factory speakers and just get a 4 way amp and sub