Audio Source connection problem for iPod with USB cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Audio Source connection problem for iPod with USB cable

Suddenly, I am unable to connect my iphone to the iPod connection (it works fine when I switch the Audio Source to Bluetooth). When I plug the USB cable into the phone (as I've done hundreds of times before), the message on the screen goes from NO DEVICE CONNECTED to NO DATA. I've tried selecting various audio sources on the phone--podcast, my music, tunein radio (all of which worked fine in the past, and which bluetooth is able to identify)--but still the NO DATA message through the iPod source. I know the cable is fine because the phone is recharging when it's connected. And I've rebooted the phone several times as well.
Any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-24-2015, 07:22 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I found the answer by going through the boards. This solution worked (wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem?)
Originally Posted by Colin
I suggest not plugging in the USB connection until after the Bluetooth handshake is complete. While I have no official confirmation of this from Acura tech support, it seems that when you plug the phone in before you start the car, the USB connection is made rather quickly, the Bluetooth handshake happens about 5 to 8 seconds later and forces a change in the cars input and the phones output. Since the same device (your iPhone) is doing two things, it gets confused. I've experimented with this on all of our current cars but not the TLX directly but it seems to be a common quirk.

Using a second iOS device that is not responsible for the Bluetooth connection, works perfectly. I suspect that your success with the iPhone 4 has more to do with the separation of functions (Bluetooth and USB) than the operating system being used.