Winter mats or floorliners

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015 | 06:25 AM
Cruisin'

Winter mats or floorliners

As we are getting closer to snow here in PA. I am looking at winter mats or floor liners for my TLX. I have used mats.com in the past, but not sure I want them for the tlx. I like the floor liners oer mats. I have aries floor liners in my tundra but they lost the color, dont plan on purchasing them again.

So my choices are OEM or Mats.com floor liners. Anyone have either pf these? Will you comment on what you like or dislike?
Old 12-04-2015 | 07:19 AM
Pro

I like weathertech's because they come up on the sides and help hold in slush and water, but they are pricey for a full set. I always roll up my pant legs so they don't get soaking wet in the winter.

Or look into Husky liners if they are made for the TLX. Cheaper versions of weathertechs.
Old 12-04-2015 | 07:54 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

I'm close to putting a set of floor liners in the 4G, IMO the protection the liners provide can't be beat.
Old 12-04-2015 | 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

I live in CA where we get very little rain and wouldn't consider anything else other than the weathertech digital fit.
Old 12-04-2015 | 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

I personally bought a set of universal $30 mats at Pepboys auto parts. Normally I wouldnt cheap out on such a nice car but since the inside is black its so dark that you cant really even see the floor or notice the mats and there shape so it does the trick.

If i was going to spend big money on floormats I would go weathertech, go big or go home.
Old 12-05-2015 | 04:41 AM
Cruisin'

I ordered the weather tech floor liners for the front. I will let you know how they fit.
Old 12-05-2015 | 10:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by luc.who
I ordered the weather tech floor liners for the front. I will let you know how they fit.
The digital fit?

They fit just about perfectly.
Old 12-08-2015 | 03:15 AM
Racer

so weathertch or huskies or even the generic pep boys but no OEM? Putting aside price are OEM mats bad quality? I've been eyeing on one for the trunk for some time.
Old 12-08-2015 | 03:46 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by baelim
so weathertch or huskies or even the generic pep boys but no OEM? Putting aside price are OEM mats bad quality? I've been eyeing on one for the trunk for some time.
I like the oem carpets for the summer months. But I want the floor liners for the winter. I have used the deep mats before but like the liners better. I like how they hold the snow and water.
Old 12-08-2015 | 11:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

U use the Acura rubber mats for spring and fall, the carpet mats for the summer, and custom Weathertechs for the winter. These liners for winter cannot be beat.
Old 12-09-2015 | 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
U use the Acura rubber mats for spring and fall, the carpet mats for the summer, and custom Weathertechs for the winter. These liners for winter cannot be beat.
Wow, you've taken it to a new level! I usually use the oem carpet mats for the summer and the Acura rubber mats for the remaining 3 seasons.

I've bought and used WeatherTech for other / previous cars and they fit well, look good, and are durable. They are a little bit more expensive, but I like them. That they are made in the US influences me just a little bit too. And judging from their pages and pages of ads, WeatherTech must be subsidizing my favorite car magazines.
Old 12-09-2015 | 09:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by baelim
I think OEM mats are like wine... the quality varies depending on the vintage. Here on Acurazine, I've read complaints and compliments about OEM floor mats.

For my 2012 TSX Wagon, I only have compliments. It's light in weight (ideal for summer), but durable. Very little heel wear after 45,000 miles.

But read this review of his Honda Accord Coupe V6 where he devotes maybe 5 paragraphs and includes a photo of a floor mat after 12,000 miles:

Life With Accord: 12,000 Miles - The Truth About Cars
Old 12-09-2015 | 11:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Had Weathertech in my TL very good fit.

Also have them in the BMWs. Weathertech makes the OEM for them. House brand is exactly the same but without the BMW logos & BMW price tax
Old 12-09-2015 | 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
Wow, you've taken it to a new level! I usually use the oem carpet mats for the summer and the Acura rubber mats for the remaining 3 seasons.

I've bought and used WeatherTech for other / previous cars and they fit well, look good, and are durable. They are a little bit more expensive, but I like them. That they are made in the US influences me just a little bit too. And judging from their pages and pages of ads, WeatherTech must be subsidizing my favorite car magazines.
It is a tad anal retentive….but it keeps the carpet in showroom condition….not that you see it much
Old 12-10-2015 | 07:37 AM
a77
Racer

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
It is a tad anal retentive….but it keeps the carpet in showroom condition….not that you see it much
I have factory AW mat on my side and original carpet on hers. She doesn't like how AW mats pool water/snow melt with then soaks her pants. Weather tecs would be even worse. Though weathertec offer the best protection they are hard and slidey and only look right in a pickup. Though with young kids they would make sense in an Odyssey. I bought Lloyd's carpet mats for her Kia which didn't even have mats. I was a bit disappointed in the material at first, not soft, but they fit perfectly and are extremely durable. My house upstairs we fit Dupont silkstrand carpet and it is sensationally soft durable and easy to clean. Which makes me wonder why no one has used it for car mats. Nothing seems to stain it. The cat has tried really hard. It's been tested in elephant zoo pens....
Old 12-10-2015 | 07:46 AM
a77
Racer

Originally Posted by a77
I have factory AW mat on my side and original carpet on hers. She doesn't like how AW mats pool water/snow melt with then soaks her pants. Weather tecs would be even worse. Though weathertec offer the best protection they are hard and slidey and only look right in a pickup. Though with young kids they would make sense in an Odyssey. I bought Lloyd's carpet mats for her Kia which didn't even have mats. I was a bit disappointed in the material at first, not soft, but they fit perfectly and are extremely durable. My house upstairs we fit Dupont silkstrand carpet and it is sensationally soft durable and easy to clean. Which makes me wonder why no one has used it for car mats. Nothing seems to stain it. The cat has tried really hard. It's been tested in elephant zoo pens....
I just checked the why not....seems Toyota Lexus Mitsubishi and Nissan at least do use Dupont Sorona (the ingredient)/for their interiors. But no doubt for stain resistance and cost. And not the lovely thick soft stuff for home use.
Old 12-10-2015 | 07:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

I do remove and drain my weather techs on both the TLX and our 14 Altima on a regular basis, as required. I agree they don't look as good as the stock Acura rubber mats, but in the north its all about protection. They do look decent as well.
Old 12-11-2015 | 09:55 AM
Cruisin'

i got the floor liners yesterday. I like them a lot better than the winter mats. If there was one change i would like to see is that they could come op on the lip of the door panel. But I am happy!
Old 12-12-2015 | 05:06 PM
2015 TLX V6 Tech

I looked around for a trunk mat and found this one at JC Whitney, a Weathertech Universal fit rubber mat. I ordered it, no sales tax and free shipping, $55. I was not so anal I had to have a perfect fit. I trimmed the bottom of the mat near the rear bumper so it would fit better, and trimmed the area up by the rear seat. It's good enough for me. Just putting it out there for an option on an area of your car nobody usually sees. I carry a chain saw occasionally and the saw dust and little grass clippings are hard to get out of the carpet otherwise. I like it, and it saves about $80 vs. the custom fit one. There are 3 colors I think.

It was in stock, shipped in a couple of days via FedEX, I got it in 5 working days from the time of the order. I was happy with the service, and the product.

WeatherTech Universal Trunk Mat
Attached Thumbnails Winter mats or floorliners-trunk-matt-weathertech-universal-acura-tlx-.jpg  

Last edited by finebead; 12-12-2015 at 05:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
luc.who (12-12-2015)
Old 12-13-2015 | 10:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Nice price! I do love my Acura custom 3 piece trunk mat system that came with the car. Most Canadian dealerships package the rubber car mats, trunk mats, and rear mud guards with the car and price accordingly. Of course, there is always some room for negotiation.