TLX or Not

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:21 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
He took a serious liking to the CLA45 AMG last year but we aren't thrilled with the interior - particularly the look of the nav system. But take a look at it, you may like it.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicl...LA/model-CLA45
The TLX is pretty much no go for me (Unless a test drive blows my mind.) The CLA was on my shortlist. I tested last year and came away very impressed. Car felt a lot more solid than I thought it would be. LOVE the front end styling, but not the back as much. Just weird looking at certain angles. Pretty much the same way I feel about the CLS. I like it....but I don't like it. And in terms of engines I just wish there was a model between the 250 and the AMG. That would suit me perfect, but there isn't. It's either anemic or wild. And of course MB hasn't offered a manual for awhile, so another turn off.

But I just can't get over a little minascule thing that shouldn't be a deal breaker but it is. Totally agree. That ridicuolous navigation screen kills the whole car for me. Why did they go with a "glued on the dashboard iPad" look?? Who thought that would look good?? Trying too hard to be chic.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I am amazed by how many people think like me and your assessment of the CLA is spot on with my view...You nailed it!
The following 2 users liked this post by weather:
dwest1023 (06-16-2014), rockyfeller (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 PM
King of NYC

Originally Posted by mylove4cars
Very nice indeed M5 series (V10 E60 M5) what about reliability?
Not all BMW owners with the big $$ care that much about reliability. Not only do they have a warranty but there is 4yrs maintenance too. Anything goes wrong with the car they grab a coffee and jump into a loaner and go to work. They trade up every 4yrs without a care in the world. Consider it a BMW membership fee. Sure they throw money out the window but if they're making $500k+/year, meh......not a big deal.

So there's a reason you see a lot of 2009 BMWs for sale.....Ever notice you see a lot of 4 yr old ones up for sale? Now you know why. Now for that poor guy that comes along and buys that 7 series.....hehe good luck buddy.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 PM
King of NYC

Originally Posted by weather
^^ I am amazed by how many people think like me and your assessment of the CLA is spot on with my view...You nailed it!
Well it's no accident we flock together, surely many of us are birds of the same feather.
The following users liked this post:
weather (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
The TLX is pretty much no go for me (Unless a test drive blows my mind.) The CLA was on my shortlist. I tested last year and came away very impressed. Car felt a lot more solid than I thought it would be. LOVE the front end styling, but not the back as much. Just weird looking at certain angles. Pretty much the same way I feel about the CLS. I like it....but I don't like it. And in terms of engines I just wish there was a model between the 250 and the AMG. That would suit me perfect, but there isn't. It's either anemic or wild. And of course MB hasn't offered a manual for awhile, so another turn off.

But I just can't get over a little minascule thing that shouldn't be a deal breaker but it is. Totally agree. That ridicuolous navigation screen kills the whole car for me. Why did they go with a "glued on the dashboard iPad" look?? Who thought that would look good?? Trying too hard to be chic.

Sorry for me CLA is not in same league as TLX, it was rather cheap feeling and for the $42K loaded just does not cut it and the AMG version I believe goes well over $50K.
The following 3 users liked this post by KeithL:
a35tl (05-02-2014), dwest1023 (06-16-2014), ggesq (05-07-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Test drove multiple vehicles all 2014 models, Audi S5, Caddy CTS-V and Caddy CTS Vsport I like both of them nice overall, BMW 550I xDrive, Audi A6 Quattro 3.0T Prestige, Jaguar XF Supercharged, Mercedes E550 4 Matic. Hard to make a choice.

Overall I liked the BMW 550I xDrive the best, performance, handling and driving satisfaction, the overall package is just ahead of the competition.

I have not made a decision yet, I might even consider a 2014 TL 6MT SH-AWD. (Debating)
Old 05-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I drove a ATS 4 2.0T, 328i Xdrive, Q50, A3 2.0T Quattro recently. I spoke to the Acura dealer and he said Late June, but some people are noting August now. The New TLX style wise based on the NY Auto show production pics and seeing the Detroit prototype didnt excite me at all. I was really hoping the the EarthDreams engines to be available with SH-AWD.

With GE employee pricing this month along with other discounts, I passed on the TLX and got a 2014 Cadillac ATS 4 2.0T Performance Model instead. Very happy with my choice, so i guess 'Not'
Old 05-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Now for that poor guy that comes along and buys that 7 series.....hehe good luck buddy.
I have a coworker that just got himself a 2006 5-series. I feel sorry for him.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I now have 3 people where I work who have said bye bye to their 7 series and now a co-worker is telling me he's done with his 5 series and asked me my opinion on a few other brands models. A few of the others considered Acura, but 2 of them find the styling of the RLX bland, the other guy said the RLX came out to late before he made his car purchase. Folks are willing to spend for what they like no matter how bad the reliability. The lack of a V-8 was another issue for a few of them. Acura just put itself in a precarious spot...
Old 05-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Unless its a diesel model I wouldn't waste the money buying a BMW, Audi, or Merc. Just lease it and get a new one every few years. Keep a Jap car handy for all the time your German will be in the shop. My GF's dad has learned that lesson. He's got a 2010 M5, 2014 535, 2009 335 and a toyota tundra - Twice last year all 3 bimmer's were in the shop at the same time...
dmski (06-04-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Take a look t the Audi A6, that is where I wound up as the S4 was slick, but too small and unreliable.
Yes take a look at a S6 or a S7 for that matter.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
Twice last year all 3 bimmer's were in the shop at the same time...
Old 05-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Husband and I are also looking for another car this year. Our budget is less than yours, but we have narrowed it down to either a new TLX SH-AWD or used 535 xDrive (prob 2012).

He took a serious liking to the CLA45 AMG last year but we aren't thrilled with the interior - particularly the look of the nav system. But take a look at it, you may like it.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicl...LA/model-CLA45
Test drove a CLA last week. Pretty on the outside. To me, it's really a let down with the interior materials and suspension (which was really unrefined...almost harsh). You won't get that combination supple and sharp ride/handling feel of the TL SH AWD or a BMW 3/4 series.

Also test drove an M235i....YOWZA...great car....for two people. If you can get past the looks, I sat in a 335ix GT...TONS OF ROOM.

My Audi S4? Unreliable.

I really do like the CTS. Might look at it more seriously in a couple of years when I'm in the market.

Still. it would be hard to beat a TLX, that has all of the above, if pricing is similar to the current car. That's tops on my list for my next car (always subject to change).
Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 PM
King of NYC

I finally got to drive an RLX the other day. My whole intention is to get an idea what the TLX MIGHT be like. I am assuming it will basically be a smaller more slightly sporty version.

I have to say it is a great car in some ways. Totally not me in other ways. The side and front profile of the car in the flesh is beautiful. The grill could be worse but of course if it could be redesigned that would be even better. Back end is meh. Nothing special. But those jewel headlights are candy. Better than in pictures. I think it's a great trademark for Acura. Promote the guy who thought that up!

The biggest thing I noticed is a real palpable sense of quality. They really did go up a notch here. It's something that cant be appreciated in the photos. You have to close the door and see how smooth it is and clunks solid. Very European car feel there. The best thing was the quality of the upgraded leather. This is worth every cent. It was soft and supple, almost like a baseball glove, I can't describe it otherwise, lol. But it was impressive with details and stitching throughout. I love the double screen layout. It's great. The quality and feel of the buttons when you press them. Steering wheel controls, feel great. I think the biggest mistake is the glossy very FAKE looking wood. I actually like wood interiors on this type of car but it looks so plasticky it ruins an otherwise great looking interior.

Car drives as expected. Smooth, comfy luxobarge. Just like a Lexus. The tech on the Advance I drove was loaded. It had everything, it is a very comfy car to drive on long trips.

So it gave me a better idea of what this TLX may be like. If the quality is up to the level they're bragging about, it will really be a selling point. If quality is at RLX levels it will beat the competitors. Even dare I say, the Lexus ES350. But I have a feeling that everything else about it will bore me to a snore. Let's see.

Last edited by rockyfeller; 05-06-2014 at 10:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by rockyfeller:
Acura_Dude (06-15-2014), holografique (06-15-2014), Terragotti (05-07-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it crazy to consider the 2015 WRX as a potential replacement? Been holding onto my 05 TL ever since being disappointed by the 4Gs and had high hopes for the 5G but it looks like it won't be as exciting as the prototype. I might have to just wait and pick up a used Q50 or F30 328i
Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by pwr2panda
Is it crazy to consider the 2015 WRX as a potential replacement? Been holding onto my 05 TL ever since being disappointed by the 4Gs and had high hopes for the 5G but it looks like it won't be as exciting as the prototype. I might have to just wait and pick up a used Q50 or F30 328i
Nope, you are not crazy. Given my disappointment with the TLX production model, I've been eyeing the 2015 WRX and STI. The STI in particular looks like a winner. No hatch (yet) for the 2015 models is a downside, but so far the reviews of the new WRX and STI are very positive.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:57 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by graphicguy
Test drove a CLA last week. Pretty on the outside. To me, it's really a let down with the interior materials and suspension (which was really unrefined...almost harsh). You won't get that combination supple and sharp ride/handling feel of the TL SH AWD or a BMW 3/4 series.

Also test drove an M235i....YOWZA...great car....for two people. If you can get past the looks, I sat in a 335ix GT...TONS OF ROOM.

My Audi S4? Unreliable.

I really do like the CTS. Might look at it more seriously in a couple of years when I'm in the market.

Still. it would be hard to beat a TLX, that has all of the above, if pricing is similar to the current car. That's tops on my list for my next car (always subject to change).
What's going on with your S4?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
But those jewel headlights are candy. Better than in pictures. I think it's a great trademark for Acura. Promote the guy who thought that up!

The biggest thing I noticed is a real palpable sense of quality. They really did go up a notch here. It's something that cant be appreciated in the photos. You have to close the door and see how smooth it is and clunks solid. Very European car feel there. The best thing was the quality of the upgraded leather. This is worth every cent. It was soft and supple, almost like a baseball glove, I can't describe it otherwise, lol. But it was impressive with details and stitching throughout. I love the double screen layout. It's great. The quality and feel of the buttons when you press them.

I was able to sit in one last week and man it felt good, it was a Black advance RLX with black leather, felt like a real grown man car. i can see why a lot of older people would love it because those seats felt hella good. Totally changed my mind about them and 310hp isnt bad. It just need some sportier rims, paint the shield and she good
The following 2 users liked this post by Terragotti:
holografique (06-15-2014), rockyfeller (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Terragotti
But those jewel headlights are candy. Better than in pictures. I think it's a great trademark for Acura. Promote the guy who thought that up!

The biggest thing I noticed is a real palpable sense of quality. They really did go up a notch here. It's something that cant be appreciated in the photos. You have to close the door and see how smooth it is and clunks solid. Very European car feel there. The best thing was the quality of the upgraded leather. This is worth every cent. It was soft and supple, almost like a baseball glove, I can't describe it otherwise, lol. But it was impressive with details and stitching throughout. I love the double screen layout. It's great. The quality and feel of the buttons when you press them.

I was able to sit in one last week and man it felt good, it was a Black advance RLX with black leather, felt like a real grown man car. i can see why a lot of older people would love it because those seats felt hella good. Totally changed my mind about them and 310hp isnt bad. It just need some sportier rims, paint the shield and she good
I have to admit, I like them and honestly on my A6 the LED headlights with the DRLs make the car looks so much sexier. I see A6s all day long and to me it is the LED headlights that make the car stand out. Where Acura drops the ball is they need to goo ALL LED like Audi. My A6 is LED top to bottom, turn signals, brakes, everything and that is sexy looking. I hate seeing LEDs then when the turn signal goes on I see the incandescent bulbs.
rockyfeller (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 PM
King of NYC

Yeah exactly. Acura gives you LED tail lights and sidemarkers on the 3G. That was pretty impressive back in 2004, only high end luxury cars back then had em. It was annoying that they skimped on the rear signals. I had to match them up. Then I had to do the front. Then I got carried away and did the whole damn car. It was one of the very first things I did after buying my TL, a FULL LED conversion on everything.

The car should have come this way, it suits the whole Acura line because it's a tech forward brand.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
I've had my 2004 5AT for more than 10 years / 225K miles. Since I bought it, I've only done routine maintenance on it and even have the original brakes. I get 31 mpg (almost all highway driving).

I don't think the TLX is as attractive as the 3G TL, it's hard to top the styling of this car, but it's a big improvement over the 4G. I love the reliability of Acuras, and the fact that they include so many features in the price of their cars. Price out a comparable Lexus model next to a TLX and you'll see what a great deal you're getting from Acura. I just don't think the Lexus is worth the difference in cost, and German cars are just not as reliable.

As soon as my dealer has a V6 TLX I'm going to take take a test drive, and I'm pretty sure this will be my next car.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts

The biggest thing I noticed is a real palpable sense of quality. They really did go up a notch here. It's something that cant be appreciated in the photos. You have to close the door and see how smooth it is and clunks solid. Very European car feel there. The best thing was the quality of the upgraded leather. This is worth every cent. It was soft and supple, almost like a baseball glove, I can't describe it otherwise, lol. But it was impressive with details and stitching throughout. I love the double screen layout. It's great. The quality and feel of the buttons when you press them. Steering wheel controls, feel great. I think the biggest mistake is the glossy very FAKE looking wood. I actually like wood interiors on this type of car but it looks so plasticky it ruins an otherwise great looking interior.
I had a similar reaction when I checked out the RLX at an auto show. The interior has a serious premium feel unlike anything I'd seen an an Acura before. I didn't expect to be impressed, but I was. I also think the car's presence in general cannot be appreciated in photos; it just looks to much like the Accord from the rear and rear three quarter views.

I think the RLX would be ideal for someone who wants a reliable, luxurious daily driver and family hauler -- even for an enthusiast if s/he has a serious sports car on the side.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nedmundo:
holografique (06-15-2014), Terragotti (05-08-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
I just test drove the new Accord Hybrid and it was a pretty nice car in many ways. My biggest issue was the seat shape wasn't nearly as comfy as my old Acura. The other thing that stunned me was how bad voice command is for getting an address input. It was perfectly accurate but man was it a tedious process.

On my phone I say 12100 Wilshire, Los Angeles - and boom it looks it up. On the 2014 Accord press a button, you say, address and it asks for the address, press a button, street then you say the street, press a button, then number and you say number,press a button, then the city press a button, and you say city then say something like navigate and yes or some such thing. It is like pulling teeth. I have no idea but I can't imagine voice navigation is so incredibly primitive on all cars.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Eli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I own a 4G TL but I got bit by the Tesla bug and I decided my next car is going to be electric one way or another. I can wait 2 years for the Tesla $35k model.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Suzuka Master

I am curious if they really hit their price target or release date target.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Like many here I am not thrilled by the design, and am VERY apprehensive with the 4ws. As best I can recall, hasn't Honda tried that at least twice before, and backed off due to many problems? I would rather not be a guinea pig with honda's third/fourth attempt to prove this concept. Feels like they are forcing it into this design, and am not sure why?
Does anyone have more insight to the 4ws design?
Personally I am still very happy with my 3G TL-S, and am 1-2 years away from replacing it. Will still test drive the TLX, but given my concerns with 4ws, would probably go with an es350.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by emas
Like many here I am not thrilled by the design, and am VERY apprehensive with the 4ws. As best I can recall, hasn't Honda tried that at least twice before, and backed off due to many problems? I would rather not be a guinea pig with honda's third/fourth attempt to prove this concept. Feels like they are forcing it into this design, and am not sure why?
Does anyone have more insight to the 4ws design?
Personally I am still very happy with my 3G TL-S, and am 1-2 years away from replacing it. Will still test drive the TLX, but given my concerns with 4ws, would probably go with an es350.

I don't have any experience with modern 4ws systems but I once owned an '88 Honda Prelude 4WS and that car was a blast to drive. I could feel the presence of the 4 wheel steering and it added an element of confidence when driving. The car handled very sharply. I would have no hesitation in buying an Acura with P-AWS. I am unaware of any problems that Honda had with the 4 wheel steering systems. I think they backed off simply due to it not being a popular option among buyers. I don't think they suffered from anything mechanically related.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by a32tl
I don't have any experience with modern 4ws systems but I once owned an '88 Honda Prelude 4WS and that car was a blast to drive. I could feel the presence of the 4 wheel steering and it added an element of confidence when driving. The car handled very sharply. I would have no hesitation in buying an Acura with P-AWS. I am unaware of any problems that Honda had with the 4 wheel steering systems. I think they backed off simply due to it not being a popular option among buyers. I don't think they suffered from anything mechanically related.
I remember as a kid always wanting a Prelude with the 4ws because it used to destroy many exotics when it came to the twisties. That was a hell of a technology back in the 80's.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
If you want rear seat space, fit 4 adults "very comfortably" then I'd say either the A6, GS350, or a 5-series.

Those were all contenders for me before I decided to stick with Acura and go for the RLX. Haven't regretted my choice one bit.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
I finally got to drive an RLX the other day. My whole intention is to get an idea what the TLX MIGHT be like. I am assuming it will basically be a smaller more slightly sporty version.

I have to say it is a great car in some ways. Totally not me in other ways. The side and front profile of the car in the flesh is beautiful. The grill could be worse but of course if it could be redesigned that would be even better. Back end is meh. Nothing special. But those jewel headlights are candy. Better than in pictures. I think it's a great trademark for Acura. Promote the guy who thought that up!

Car drives as expected. Smooth, comfy luxobarge. Just like a Lexus. The tech on the Advance I drove was loaded. It had everything, it is a very comfy car to drive on long trips.

So it gave me a better idea of what this TLX may be like. If the quality is up to the level they're bragging about, it will really be a selling point. If quality is at RLX levels it will beat the competitors. Even dare I say, the Lexus ES350. But I have a feeling that everything else about it will bore me to a snore. Let's see.
Great summary and definitely nails it. The luxury feeling and quality of the interior is unlike anything Acura has done before in any other car, period. It is the top reason I enjoy driving mine every day, and to me, interior is what ultimately matters since that is where you the driver, experience what the car is about.

My gut says that the TLX will carry if not the same, a very similar feeling just from looking at the pics of the interior design, and many of the design cues and components appearing to be either a direct carry over from the RLX or slightly modified. Essentially a smaller, tighter, sportier feeling RLX interior is what I gander.

I just remember sitting in my RLX for the first time picking it up at the dealer, I just couldn't believe it. I was totally blown away. Add to that how quiet and sound-proof the interior is you just get this sense of luxury that I had only experienced once before in a 7-series.
internalaudit (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
I remember as a kid always wanting a Prelude with the 4ws because it used to destroy many exotics when it came to the twisties. That was a hell of a technology back in the 80's.
I test drove that prelude with 4ws, and it was very cool. The dealer (at the time) actually talked me out of it because of all the problems they were having with it. The following model year it was discontinued.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 469 Likes on 199 Posts
If this is true..........

Old 06-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmy18

Acura is bringing back the CL with the X
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmy18

So they're doing away with RLX P-AWS and only offering the SH Hybrid version? Interesting. I like seeing the CLX on there.
Terragotti (06-18-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by a32tl
So they're doing away with RLX P-AWS and only offering the SH Hybrid version? Interesting. I like seeing the CLX on there.
I love seeing a CL up there but seeing how they are operating lately "Somebody smoking some good stuff", they cant even get the TLX, RLX-sh out and going let alone bring in more cars, pipe dreams imo
Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
I was talking with an Acura salesperson, and told her that I was just there for service (oil pump leak ... ugh). I told her "I'm just here to get my old '04 TL serviced". She responded with "let me know if I can show you something". I told her that the only thing I'm really waiting for was the TLX... heck, I've been waiting a few years for it. lol. I asked her if she had any idea when they'd be getting any in. She responded with "around Fall". My heart sank a bit, but whatever. What she said afterwards made me ponder a bit. She said they were only allocated about 9 of them and they had a list of 100 customers waiting for one. She said something like the only way to get one is to get on the list. She started talking it up saying things like this was going to be "like that Mercedes SUV" where the demand is good but the supply is low so they go above MSRP. I tried not to roll my eyes... lol.

Anyway, the cynic in me wants to think she was just trying to build up demand and make a sale, but ... just thought I'd share ...

I also trailed a new Hyundai Genesis 5.0 on the way home today. I always thought the rear-end on the thing looked kinda dull, but it looks better in person... much better when the brake lights light up. He was intent on showing me I couldn't keep up at every stop light. He was right... I wasn't even going to try. I just drove home comfortably spewing oil from my oil pump and contemplating what my next car will be ...
internalaudit (06-19-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I saw a Genesis the other day and it looks like a sharp car. Acura needs to wake up and get the TLX out because cars like the Genesis and others will steal market share from.

If you see the salesperson again, you might want to ask what it takes to get on the waiting list. It would be a more compelling statement, if there are 100 customers that put down some money to be on the list- not much of a statement if it's something you can for free with no skin in the game.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer
I saw a Genesis the other day and it looks like a sharp car. Acura needs to wake up and get the TLX out because cars like the Genesis and others will steal market share from.

If you see the salesperson again, you might want to ask what it takes to get on the waiting list. It would be a more compelling statement, if there are 100 customers that put down some money to be on the list- not much of a statement if it's something you can for free with no skin in the game.
I sat ina few, nice car, but I suspect the TLX materials inside will be a bit better. That said the seats are very comfy and I plan on taking a AWD Genesis out for a test drive in the near future. The dash is a little plain a a bit of a slab
Old 06-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
Keith, the 1sr gen seats are horrible for long trips. Only seats to make my legs numb ever. 2nd gen is supposed to be much better.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Glashub
Keith, the 1sr gen seats are horrible for long trips. Only seats to make my legs numb ever. 2nd gen is supposed to be much better.
I have heard that too. My A6 seats are not very comfy on long trips, not thigh support. I loved my M37S seats, long drives were effortless.

Quick Reply: TLX or Not