TLX Lease V6 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 08:56 PM
MiaTLX

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
TLX Lease V6 Tech

Whats up guys, just ordered my TLX V6 Tech yesterday. Went with a lease over a purchase this time. My last ride was an 06 RL so I knew I'd be sacrificing a few things I'm used to, mainly the size of the interior and driver leg room.

I went with the Tech cause of the upgraded leather, ELS speaker system, bigger rims and of course the 3D navi. The new technology Acura has added is amazing, from the blind spot sensors, double screens, lane keep assist, auto wipers and forward collision warning... the interior is easily competitive with other luxury brands.

I was most surprised with how well the P-AWS handled the road, I didn't really see a need for the SH-AWD. The car rides extremely smooth and quieter than any Acura I've ever driven. I wasnt a fan of the new touch transmission at first but it grew on me.

There were only 3 cars on the lot (Esserman Acura in Miami) so I had to order the color combo I wanted. Went with the black pearl paint and black interior, should be arriving early October. I got the Acura Advantage since its my 2nd Acura purchase. Going to use the $500 accessory credit towards wood grain on the steering wheel. First month is also paid through the program and a debit card will be sent to me for the amount of the 2nd months bill.

As far as the lease goes, I got it with 10k miles & $2500 down.

The money factor is the lowest they offer since I qualified for the Super Preferred credit tier. I'm looking at $448 a month including tax, but I'm going to further negotiate the MSRP once the car is delivered
The following 3 users liked this post by isaacmaestre:
Oswald Vater (08-15-2014), PreludeVTEC01 (08-15-2014), Sojournin (02-17-2015)
Old 08-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
I'll be checking out several dealers in SoFlo next week (Miami, Pembroke Pines, Rick Case). Esserman wasn't on my list but it sounds like they treated you well. I may have to give them a shot. However, I never lease a car with money down so hopefully I can swing that without raising monthly payment too much. (I'll be looking for a V-6 White/Ebony Tech or Advance).
Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 47 Posts
One of my favorite features is the push to drive system! Congrats on the lease... you will love it!
The following users liked this post:
isaacmaestre (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I have not yet negotiated my lease yet since the dealership does not have the car that I selected. I selected a SSM I4-Tech but would be interested in a SSM V6-Base or Tech if that came in first. I currently have a '11 TSX and my lease matures on 10/3. The timing for the car is perfect. My issue is the fact that I need a high mileage lease (18,000 per year). With the TLX being so new and my need for the extra mileage, I just hope that there is some flexibility in the final lease payment. I do have my Advantage certificate and do qualify for the super preferred credit tier so I have that going for me. Wish me luck................
Old 08-15-2014, 11:03 AM
MiaTLX

I was told theres a new program for Acura Loyalty customers where the mileage is forgiven at the end of your lease. Its supposed to be so good the finance manager who is helping me highly recomended getting a lower mileage lease. You should be fine with a 15k mile lease, ask your local dealer about it.
Mousenuttt (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by isaacmaestre
I was told theres a new program for Acura Loyalty customers where the mileage is forgiven at the end of your lease. Its supposed to be so good the finance manager who is helping me highly recomended getting a lower mileage lease. You should be fine with a 15k mile lease, ask your local dealer about it.
I have that on my current lease also. I did not take it into consideration on the TSX lease because my current payment is relatively low. I will consider it on the new lease even though they only forgive 1/2 of the miles (up to 7500). I will also be under on my miles on the current lease by about 2,500 so I can apply that to the new car too. All of that will help.
isaacmaestre (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
I hope you guys leasing keep in mind that the mileage on the vehicle doesn't matter to the lease unless you keep it to the bitter end and turn it back to Acura.

In fact, you could wait until one day before the lease officially ends and just trade it in. No excess mileage charges, no penalties, no nothing, except that mileage always affects a trade-in's value.

There is the misperception that you HAVE to keep a leased vehicle full-term and turn it in at the end of a lease, but that 's absolutely not true. It can be traded in for another vehicle at any time during the lease, just as if you had financed it the usual way. In fact, I've leased a bunch of cars and I've only kept one until lease-end.

Leasing is just another way of financing a vehicle, and the lease can be terminated at any time, just by paying off the balance of the lease (the payoff) ... just like you pay the payoff of a car financed for 36 months or whatever when you trade. It's done all the time.

Mousenuttt (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I hope you guys leasing keep in mind that the mileage on the vehicle doesn't matter to the lease unless you keep it to the bitter end and turn it back to Acura.

In fact, you could wait until one day before the lease officially ends and just trade it in. No excess mileage charges, no penalties, no nothing, except that mileage always affects a trade-in's value.

There is the misperception that you HAVE to keep a leased vehicle full-term and turn it in at the end of a lease, but that 's absolutely not true. It can be traded in for another vehicle at any time during the lease, just as if you had financed it the usual way. In fact, I've leased a bunch of cars and I've only kept one until lease-end.

Leasing is just another way of financing a vehicle, and the lease can be terminated at any time, just by paying off the balance of the lease (the payoff) ... just like you pay the payoff of a car financed for 36 months or whatever when you trade. It's done all the time.

You are correct, but its sort of like owning money on your taxes in April. If you trade the car for more than the payoff, it just means you were paying too much for the lease all along. And the more a manufacturer "subsidizes" the lease, the less likely you are to be able to trade it without owing money. My BMW is like that. No way could I get what I owe on a trade.

I did trade a 2010 GS350 and made $600 on it. But the real advantage for me is that I had eight months left on the lease and would have had to spend over $1000 on news tires if I had kept it through the end of the lease.

Your advice is good because many people don't think of that. In many states, it also has sales tax advantages on the new vehicle as you will only pay taxes on the difference.
Mousenuttt (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Volvo Defector

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Hmm I didnt know this. So if you lease a vehicle with a 10k/year allowance for 3 years. and at 2 years 11 months trade it in for another vehicle(lease or financed) it doesnt matter if you put 30k miles or 80k miles? The car is just worth less due to the excess miles?
What if you want another Acura and want to purchase from an Acura dealership?

I thought there was some kind of stipulation in the lease agreement that binds you to the penalties no matter what.

Last edited by reddogTL; 08-15-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by reddogTL
I thought there was some kind of stipulation in the lease agreement that binds you to the penalties no matter what.
End of lease charges only apply if the car goes back to Acura Finance. Trading to the dealer would be one way to circumvent this. Naturally, the car has to be worth more than the payoff to make trading worthwhile and this is not always guaranteed.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colin:
Mousenuttt (08-15-2014), weather (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^...and that the dealership wants your vehicle too.

That is the arrangement I have with my dealership but my car is always SIGNIFICANTLY under mileage and in amazing shape, so that is rarely an issue.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike_TX

When I put my deposit on the TLX back in July the salesman did mention that the dealership would just be buying the TSX from Acura Financial rather than returning it. Also when he heard that my buyout was $16500 he said I would most likely get equity money to apply to the new lease. I guess this is what you were talking about. My car is just a trade-in and not a lease return. Thanks for the info....
Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Intermediate

Friday night I was driving thru the back lot of my Acura dealer and came upon a Graphite Luster/Graystone V6 Tech that had just been delivered to the dealership. I sent an email to my salesman to check on availability. Saturday morning he confirmed the car was available and to come over and take a look. One look and a test drive was all it took.

Using some of the tactics that I learned on this forum, the dealership ended up taking my TSX as a trade rather than a lease 'turn-in'. My TSX ended up with equity that took care of my remaining lease payments. I was 3K under my allowed mileage so that was applied to the new lease. I got a 15K/yr lease rather than a 18K/yr because of Acura Financials mileage forgiveness plan. Any penalty that I may incur if I actually drive my estimated 18K per year will be much less then the increase in the lease payment. I was able to negotiate the MSRP of $40,145 plus $264.20 for body side molding down to $39,193.88. I ended up with a gross lease payment (before tax) to $521.12. I paid my DMV fees, tire fees and doc fee out of pocket. My $500 accessory allowance paid for the F&R splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. The dealer normally charges $595 for this. I also received but did not pay for the 'IBEX' paint and interior protection package. They usually charge $600 for this. It comes with a 7-year warranty for what that is worth.

I will miss the TSX and would have been happy with keeping it if the TLX negotiation had not been successful, but the TLX will more than make up for it I'm sure. Hopefully I will learn how all of the TLX's gadgets and gizmos work by the time the lease comes to an end.

Last edited by Mousenuttt; 08-17-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Mousenuttt
Friday night I was driving thru the back lot of my Acura dealer and came upon a Graphic Luster/Graystone V6 Tech that had just been delivered to the dealership. I sent an email to my salesman to check on availability. Saturday morning he confirmed the car was available and to come over and take a look. One look and a test drive was all it took.

Using some of the tactics that I learned on this forum, the dealership ended up taking my TSX as a trade rather than a lease 'turn-in'. My TSX ended up with equity that took care of my remaining lease payments. I was 3K under my allowed mileage so that was applied to the new lease. I got a 15K/yr lease rather than a 18K/yr because of Acura Financials mileage forgiveness plan. Any penalty that I may incur if I actually drive my estimated 18K per year will be much less then the increase in the lease payment. I was able to negotiate the MSRP of $40,145 plus $264.20 for body side molding down to $39,193.88. I ended up with a gross lease payment (before tax) to $521.12. I paid my DMV fees, tire fees and doc fee out of pocket. My $500 accessory allowance paid for the F&R splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. The dealer normally charges $595 for this. I also received but did not pay for the 'IBEX' paint and interior protection package. They usually charge $600 for this. It comes with a 7-year warranty for what that is worth.

I will miss the TSX and would have been happy with keeping it if the TLX negotiation had not been successful, but the TLX will more than make up for it I'm sure. Hopefully I will learn how all of the TLX's gadgets and gizmos work by the time the lease comes to an end.
Congrats on your new toy!
Mousenuttt (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by isaacmaestre
Whats up guys, just ordered my TLX V6 Tech yesterday. Went with a lease over a purchase this time. My last ride was an 06 RL so I knew I'd be sacrificing a few things I'm used to, mainly the size of the interior and driver leg room.

I went with the Tech cause of the upgraded leather, ELS speaker system, bigger rims and of course the 3D navi. The new technology Acura has added is amazing, from the blind spot sensors, double screens, lane keep assist, auto wipers and forward collision warning... the interior is easily competitive with other luxury brands.

I was most surprised with how well the P-AWS handled the road, I didn't really see a need for the SH-AWD. The car rides extremely smooth and quieter than any Acura I've ever driven. I wasnt a fan of the new touch transmission at first but it grew on me.

There were only 3 cars on the lot (Esserman Acura in Miami) so I had to order the color combo I wanted. Went with the black pearl paint and black interior, should be arriving early October. I got the Acura Advantage since its my 2nd Acura purchase. Going to use the $500 accessory credit towards wood grain on the steering wheel. First month is also paid through the program and a debit card will be sent to me for the amount of the 2nd months bill.

As far as the lease goes, I got it with 10k miles & $2500 down.

The money factor is the lowest they offer since I qualified for the Super Preferred credit tier. I'm looking at $448 a month including tax, but I'm going to further negotiate the MSRP once the car is delivered
Do you mind sharing more of your lease terms or the offer? My dealership offered me v6 with tech for 12,000 miles but it's $540/month. You got a much better deal. What credit do you need to be at for super preferred? How does this tier help you for negotiating?

On top of the $1000 incentive and $500 towards accessory, my dealership is only able to give me another $750 off. What was the MSRP they started you at?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pdpgps
Do you mind sharing more of your lease terms or the offer? My dealership offered me v6 with tech for 12,000 miles but it's $540/month. You got a much better deal. What credit do you need to be at for super preferred? How does this tier help you for negotiating?

On top of the $1000 incentive and $500 towards accessory, my dealership is only able to give me another $750 off. What was the MSRP they started you at?
From what I was told, the credit scores are as follows: Super Preferred 899-710, Preferred 709-660, Standard 659-610, Select (below 610). I fall in the Super Preferred category. As for the MSRP, $40,145 plus $264.20 for the body side molding. The discounted value of the vehicle ended up being $39,193.88. See my previous post for all of the other details. Please note that is was a tough fight to get to this payment but I'm sure my credit score and the fact that I have purchased/leased (2) previous vehicles helped. Good luck with your negotiations.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Mousenuttt
From what I was told, the credit scores are as follows: Super Preferred 899-710, Preferred 709-660, Standard 659-610, Select (below 610). I fall in the Super Preferred category. As for the MSRP, $40,145 plus $264.20 for the body side molding. The discounted value of the vehicle ended up being $39,193.88. See my previous post for all of the other details. Please note that is was a tough fight to get to this payment but I'm sure my credit score and the fact that I have purchased/leased (2) previous vehicles helped. Good luck with your negotiations.
Thank you. I did look through your previous posts and was trying to compare the #s that I got on my end. So on the Acura website, starting prices for the TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package is $39,250. The identical car I was looking at had the MSRP of $40,145, same as you but no molding. Credit wise, I think I would fit into the super preferred as well. For a lease, this is what I was offered.

V6 TLX with Tech
Base: $39,645 (after $500 "loyalty" discount)
Hypothetical Base: $38,145 (after $1000 incentives and $500 towards accessory)
Money Factor: .00135
MSRP: $40,145
Residual: 0.61
Acquisition Fee: $595
Cash Down: $5,000
Government Fees: $323
Taxes: $1,172.40
Document Fee: $295
Total Initial Payment: $5,541.66
Adjusted Residual: $24,488.45
Monthly Payment: $541.66

Definitely not as good as $448/month, with only $2500 down!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM
MiaTLX

I'm not sure of the money factor or residual value I ended up at, but I can tell you the difference from each credit category makes a whopping difference in the amount you pay. I'm dealing directly with the Finance Manager at Esserman Acura in Miami, so he's pushing the numbers as low as possible. I was told by him that the difference between the "standard" and "preferred" credit tiers amounts to $150 per month. Im unsure of the additional savings for being a super preferred client, but I know it drops the money factor to the lowest amount Acura Finance offers.

The $2500 down i quoted above was towards the car itself not inlcuding taxes, so I'm really paying an upfront cost of around $3900.

Another factor driving your price up is the 12k miles, as I am only getting 10k. If you plan on leasing with Acura in the future, the additional miles may be forgiven with your next lease. The extra 6k miles for the term hurts your monthly payment and residual value of the vehicle.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:55 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpgps
Thank you. I did look through your previous posts and was trying to compare the #s that I got on my end. So on the Acura website, starting prices for the TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS with Technology Package is $39,250. The identical car I was looking at had the MSRP of $40,145, same as you but no molding. Credit wise, I think I would fit into the super preferred as well. For a lease, this is what I was offered.

V6 TLX with Tech
Base: $39,645 (after $500 "loyalty" discount)
Hypothetical Base: $38,145 (after $1000 incentives and $500 towards accessory)
Money Factor: .00135
MSRP: $40,145
Residual: 0.61
Acquisition Fee: $595
Cash Down: $5,000
Government Fees: $323
Taxes: $1,172.40
Document Fee: $295
Total Initial Payment: $5,541.66
Adjusted Residual: $24,488.45
Monthly Payment: $541.66

Definitely not as good as $448/month, with only $2500 down!
Don't close that deal. These numbers are way off unless the residual and MF quotes are wrong. If they're correct, it looks like you're getting quoted for only the "fees" out of pocket (about $1200 in total) everything else rolled in and someone is putting about $3800 in their pocket. Should be in the $430 range based on what you stated. You don't have any accessories you didn't mention do you? And what is the "gov't" fees nonsense, never seen that before? It's not a disguised disposition fee is it? Maybe state related, I don't know.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 08-22-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
In the works,

V6 Tech: $0 down, 39 months, 10k miles, $0 First Payment $476 including 6% FL Tax. Im trying to bring it even more lower. Lets see.