TLX Lease Maintenance Requirements

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
TLX Lease Maintenance Requirements

Hi All,

Just picked up a lease on a new 2016 TLX I4Tech. Coming from a TSX.

Its seems that Acura has really tried to make it difficult to determine required maintenance and at what interval. Instead leaving it to a "Minder" system.

But I really would like to asses what replacements I will make between now and the end of my lease in 36 months.

My experience with TSX is that I changed oil & filter between 9000 and 10000 miles.

What are the other required services or maintenance replacements, and when do the occur?

I have this list:

Oil & Filter Every 5K
Air filter Every 20K
Cabin filter Every 10K
Rotation Every 5K
Transmission Fluid Ever 30K
Differential Fluid ??

Any thing missing...list complete?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
Hi All,

Just picked up a lease on a new 2016 TLX I4Tech. Coming from a TSX.

Its seems that Acura has really tried to make it difficult to determine required maintenance and at what interval. Instead leaving it to a "Minder" system.

But I really would like to asses what replacements I will make between now and the end of my lease in 36 months.

My experience with TSX is that I changed oil & filter between 9000 and 10000 miles.

What are the other required services or maintenance replacements, and when do the occur?

I have this list:

Oil & Filter Every 5K
Air filter Every 20K
Cabin filter Every 10K
Rotation Every 5K
Transmission Fluid Ever 30K
Differential Fluid ??

Any thing missing...list complete?

Thanks
Your intervals seem approximately ok, but things like the oil really depend on your driving patterns. Their is no differential fluid change in the non-AWD models.

Check out the service link in the below link. It also has the owner's manual, etc.

Owner's Manuals | 2015 Acura TLX | Acura Owners Site
Old 03-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
If I was leasing the car and didn't plan on keeping it, I would only do the minimum maintenance necessary. Just change the oil based on the % oil life remaining (the car tells you this), rotate the tires, and change the cabin filter and engine filter 1 or 2 times and you should be good to go. Nothing is going to happen to the car in 36k miles and if you don't plan on keeping it, I wouldn't worry about going overboard on following the owners manual word-for-word.

Last edited by h_dawg; 03-03-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Use the oil life monitor percentage system, and leave it at that. That's Acura's factory recommendation, and nothing more. Follow the codes, get that service done, and make sure the reminders are then reset. All will vary based on your driving, and will be sooner or later the more or less, harder or lighter you drive.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Racer

As you know the minimal service you all describe and the A1, B1 etc services are very different.

Are the inspections portions of these service minders really needed or is it just those things deemed "Replace"?

Anyone have a feel for end of lease scrutiny of the car? Just wondering if skipping the inspections will result in being slammed at the end?
Old 03-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
As you know the minimal service you all describe and the A1, B1 etc services are very different.

Are the inspections portions of these service minders really needed or is it just those things deemed "Replace"?

Anyone have a feel for end of lease scrutiny of the car? Just wondering if skipping the inspections will result in being slammed at the end?
I couldn't tell you for sure as I have not leased a car, but I would say it's not necessary to have the inspections and all of the extra stuff. Just because you lease a car doesn't mean you have to get it serviced at the dealer so how would they even know if you did or didn't have inspections done. As long as its running good, filters are clean, and no check engine or maintenance lights are on I think you would be good
Old 03-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by h_dawg
I couldn't tell you for sure as I have not leased a car, but I would say it's not necessary to have the inspections and all of the extra stuff. Just because you lease a car doesn't mean you have to get it serviced at the dealer so how would they even know if you did or didn't have inspections done. As long as its running good, filters are clean, and no check engine or maintenance lights are on I think you would be good
You can even save receipts and do work yourselves. I do that for warranty purposes.

$100 says it doesn't even matter though, and no one would look at it if you did. As long as the car isn't damaged, on bald tires, and appears somewhat maintained, you'll probably be fine.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have turned in several leases to Acura and I have never done any of the scheduled maintenance except the oil change. That's it.

And my last TL I turned in had cosmetic damage to the front bumper from hitting something on the highway, and damage to the rear bumper from my garage door (oops), but when I went to turn it in I was told I was allowed three
Old 03-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by f1nzup
I have turned in several leases to Acura and I have never done any of the scheduled maintenance except the oil change. That's it.

And my last TL I turned in had cosmetic damage to the front bumper from hitting something on the highway, and damage to the rear bumper from my garage door (oops), but when I went to turn it in I was told I was allowed three
Thanks,
was hoping for some inside info...