TLX Homelink Version?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015 | 03:46 PM
10th Gear

TLX Homelink Version?

Could someone confirm that the TLX has HomeLink version 4.0? I plan to purchase a new Chamberlain garage door that requires version 4. I called HomeLink support, they do not have the TLX listed and could not confirm that it would work. The opener is LW5000ev. If it does not work, an option would be to purchase a repeater through Chamberlain.
Old 03-27-2015 | 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

While I don't have that particular model, I have a Chamberlain garage opener too and feel very confident that you will not experience any trouble operating the homelink button from your TLX.
Old 03-27-2015 | 09:02 PM
10th Gear

Thanks, apparently homelink released security 2.0 in 2011 and you need Homelink 4 for this feature. The newer Chamberlain garage door openers require this feature to work or you need to purchase a separate receiver. Apparently some manufactures are still using an older version of Homelink in new cars. The Homelink representative specifically said some new BMWs use older versions of Homelink. I purchased the openers today, I'll provide an update if it works when installed.
Old 03-27-2015 | 10:40 PM
Racer

I don't know what version of Homelink the TLX has, but I can confirm that it works with the Craftsman Assurellink garage door openers. These are made by Chamberlain and I had a very difficult time getting them to work with my CTS ( I had to get the repeater and use tech support and it was still an adventure). When I programmed my TLX it only took about 2 minutes to do both garage doors. I may look around and see if there is a way to determine what version it is.
Old 03-27-2015 | 11:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I don't know what version of Homelink the TLX has, but I can confirm that it works with the Craftsman Assurellink garage door openers. These are made by Chamberlain and I had a very difficult time getting them to work with my CTS ( I had to get the repeater and use tech support and it was still an adventure). When I programmed my TLX it only took about 2 minutes to do both garage doors. I may look around and see if there is a way to determine what version it is.
Great! I was hoping it would work. MyQ with Chamberlain is the same as Assurelink (although not related to the issue it is the newer units with wifi). If you needed the repeater with the CTS and not the TLX, that would indicate the TLX has a compatible version to use with the opener. I'll hopefully be able to confirm this weekend. Thanks!
You would think it would be easy to tell but Homelink does nor even yet list a TLX on their site. In talking with their tech, the location of the "home" icon and the actual buttons indicate versions. Home icon to the left indicates version 3 or 4 and I think he stated version 5 has actual arrows. Version 4 is required for the new security 2.0 in the opener.
Old 03-30-2015 | 09:55 PM
10th Gear

I can confirm that the HomeLink Version in the TLX is 4.0 or better. If you purchase a new garage door opener requiring the new security 2.0 found in HomeLink 4.0, it will work! Vehicles with earlier versions of HomeLink require a repeater as discussed above.