Somebody come take a look at this !

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Somebody come take a look at this !

Saw a slide in CNBC an hour ago, "Recalls make Americans less satisfied with Cars", and surprisingly they were showing the interior of our TLX model and then later a slight side exterior and then moved on to BMW and BENZ's.

I searched and found this article and boy is this a laugh !!!

Survey: Recalls make Americans less satisfied with cars
Old 08-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Interesting article. Also interesting that Acura was interesting that Acura tied for second in satisfaction and was one of two brands to buck the trend and increase their customer satisfaction ratings.

The article also speaks, IMHO, in an increasingly informed and picky customer base, who tend to want and expect the latest of everything, without necessarily wanting to pay for it.
The following users liked this post:
silver3.5 (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Interesting article. Also interesting that Acura was interesting that Acura tied for second in satisfaction and was one of two brands to buck the trend and increase their customer satisfaction ratings.

The article also speaks, IMHO, in an increasingly informed and picky customer base, who tend to want and expect the latest of everything, without necessarily wanting to pay for it.
My take on it was that the Acura satisfaction scores dropped with the release of the TLX (the recall and the noted issues with the transmission software) and now that they have that mostly sorted out the scores are climbing back up again. Either way it's good news.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
My take on it was that the Acura satisfaction scores dropped with the release of the TLX (the recall and the noted issues with the transmission software) and now that they have that mostly sorted out the scores are climbing back up again. Either way it's good news.
uh... I don't think they have it all sorted out
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mani
uh... I don't think they have it all sorted out
Ha - you'll notice I said "mostly" sorted out! For the DCT anyways.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

You're exactly right about that, especially regarding younger import buying customers. I have a theory why Buick is usually at the top of the JD Power surveys: Yeah, they have gotten A LOT better but their typical buyer is usually a senior citizen and usually doesn't voice complaints over the 'little stuff' that a younger buyer would such as panel gaps, the inner details of the infotainment system, etc. They appreciate the car for it's smooth ride, good power, and decent fuel economy. I tend to believe they are more forgiving of the little demerits that a younger Gen Y buyer would freak out over.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
TLX is small representation - you can thank the MDX/RDX for these scores - Acura knows how to make a killer crossover, they need some help with the sedans
Old 08-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by cammy5
You're exactly right about that, especially regarding younger import buying customers. I have a theory why Buick is usually at the top of the JD Power surveys: Yeah, they have gotten A LOT better but their typical buyer is usually a senior citizen and usually doesn't voice complaints over the 'little stuff' that a younger buyer would such as panel gaps, the inner details of the infotainment system, etc. They appreciate the car for it's smooth ride, good power, and decent fuel economy. I tend to believe they are more forgiving of the little demerits that a younger Gen Y buyer would freak out over.
they would have to be able to see the gaps to complain about them
Old 08-27-2015, 09:22 AM

they would have to be able to see the gaps to complain about them
True -that!

I was having a good day yesterday so I went in search of something to be upset about and tried looking for gaps and shoddy workmanship in my TLX's interior - sadly I was unable to find anything to get worked up about.
The following users liked this post:
cotmfk (08-28-2015)