Recall transmission inspection: the first report?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Recall transmission inspection: the first report?

According to the recall notice I received regarding my TLX Advance, February 23 was the first day the parking pawl inspection was to be available. I called my selling dealer (South Coast Acura) and made an appointment for that day. I dropped the car off at 7:00 AM with a short list of other, perhaps lengthy, issues. I got the car back late yesterday afternoon (Feb. 25). I assume the parking pawl issue was inspected, although that was not clear from the service report. What was clear is that the transmission was flushed and refilled. The other items, badly installed illuminated door sills, broken left puddle lamp and non-working tire pump were repaired or replaced to my satisfaction. Whether the cabin temperature issue was fully resolved remains to be seen.

I did not feel the dealer was well prepared for the transmission issue.

JLawrence

Last edited by JLawrence; 02-26-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
I made an appointment at Norm Reeves Acura in OC and took mine in on the 24th. Perfect timing since I needed an oil change anyway, was about 8,000 miles in and 10% on the maintenance minder. I also needed to get the backup cross traffic update. They gave me an RDX loaner.

I waited all day for a call back and it finally came in at 5:30PM. I missed the call but my adviser informed me that something broke on the inspection tool and that they would need to keep the car overnight and try again the next day. He called back around 1 on the 25th letting me know the car was done. When I picked up the car, he explained everything very well and let me know the car passed inspection. Everything else checked out fine.

I paid $93 for the full synthetic oil change and tire rotation. Not bad since I had a loaner and got a good car wash. One thing they should have done though, is clear out all the error messages that popped up after I drove off the lot. Transmission failure, Blind spot failure, engine problem, and so on. I had about 10 error messages I needed to clear out.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
I was at my dealership today picking up a hard copy manual. They let me know that they would be calling me in to do the flush of the transmission with about 10 litres of special fluid that apparently goes for $50 per litre. My car is on the list but I have had 0 issues with the parking gear. Anyhow, for piece of mind, it will be a good thing.