Lease Mileage Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:02 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease Mileage Question

I was told by a trusted sales person that the mileage restrictions on leases dont matter that much these days. Reason being is that he tells me that 99% of the people turn in their leases early and then the car gets appraised..as opposed to just turning the car in when the lease is up. Just trying to find out has anyone here that has leased before from Honda/Acura ever encounter this?

Im wondering if this could be because these cars end up having more value in the resale market then what is owed on them? IE: They have equity built in and perhaps the leasing companies look the other way cause they can make $ on them?

Hoping someone here who has lease before can shine some light on this...or perhaps I misunderstood what he said? Im considering a 10k mile a year lease however I have a feeling I may need more.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-21-2015, 04:37 PM
TL 2012 SH-AWD TECH/UMBER

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i always lease my vehicules for my jobs.
Nowdays it s almost impossible to turn the car back before the end or at the end with excess mileage without loosing money ( i mean spending money)

They will tell you may be there s no problem but in reality , the amount due will be hide somewhere in your new lease.

It s simple, when you want to change your car, look how much you need to pay if you want to buy it now.
Compare it to the market price. Depending when in your lease you want to change, but most often it will be impossible that the resale value of your car is superior to the market price.
It s better with some brands than other, but for brands like acura, that maintain a high residual at the end of the lease to give you small payments it makes you prisonners of their offer.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by zfrangi
I was told by a trusted sales person that the mileage restrictions on leases dont matter that much these days. Reason being is that he tells me that 99% of the people turn in their leases early and then the car gets appraised..as opposed to just turning the car in when the lease is up. Just trying to find out has anyone here that has leased before from Honda/Acura ever encounter this?

Im wondering if this could be because these cars end up having more value in the resale market then what is owed on them? IE: They have equity built in and perhaps the leasing companies look the other way cause they can make $ on them?

Hoping someone here who has lease before can shine some light on this...or perhaps I misunderstood what he said? Im considering a 10k mile a year lease however I have a feeling I may need more.

Thanks in advance
This is my very first lease. I always bought my cars and traded-in 3 years later. I figured I will continue to do this and I am tired of haggling over the trade-in buy-back so I went with a lease. I got the 20k lease. I didn't realize a lease could work for my commute. After just over a year, I have 18k+ miles. If I have miles left over before the lease is out, I will take a nice road trip somewhere.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:23 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying rdx

Question for y’all, I was quoted 45,000 out the door for the rdx advance trim with tint and all weather Lining mats and that’s with no trade in at .9 APR. is the 45 to high in yalls opinion or is it a good deal?
Old 05-31-2020, 05:50 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Gotacarquestion7
Question for y’all, I was quoted 45,000 out the door for the rdx advance trim with tint and all weather Lining mats and that’s with no trade in at .9 APR. is the 45 to high in yalls opinion or is it a good deal?
That sounds high.
The reality for the TLX is that because of Acura's big lease incentives (c. 7k) leasing seems like it's better than buying at this point. And then at the end of the lease you can buy it out. That's probably what I'm going to do.