How to take out center console trim

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 03:09 PM
MV612

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
How to take out center console trim

Hey everyone, just thought I post up some pictures of how to remove center console aluminum like trim. I needed to remove the glove box to access the ECM for a remote starter, but It took awhile to figure how to remove it since I have haven’t anyone remove them yet. Its easy wedging from the end going towards the front, since the front is on tight and at a weird angle down. For the life of me it would be so much easier if Acura made it straight in instead of clipping it down (see pic). Note* that you don’t need to remove glove box for cabin filter its just for accessing power source for radar hardwired or car alarm/start installs and so on. I also include the pic for the bolts of the glove box plus three screws not in the pictures which is easy enough and everything is held on by clips after. I'm not sure which section to post this, but mod can you move them if this is not the right section.

also forgot to mention that you need to remove the trim next to the IDS in order to remove the driver side aluminum trim as well. It end on by two plastic clips that are easy to wedge up slowly.
Attached Thumbnails How to take out center console trim-unnamed02.jpg   How to take out center console trim-unnamed03.jpg   How to take out center console trim-unnamed04.jpg   How to take out center console trim-unnamed05.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Azndjay:
ogiewon (11-26-2017), Speed_Racer (11-27-2017)