How to reset TLX Ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
How to reset TLX Ecu?

Hi everyone, I'm installing RV-6 hfpc and j-pipe soon on my 2016 Acura TLX. When the time comes I would like to know how to reset the ecu so the car recongnizes the added parts. Is it just as simple as unplugging the battery for a few minutes ? Or is there a specific way on how to reset the ecu? Thanks for any input!
Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^its the same way as your previous TL.....
unhook battery for a few mins...then connect battery....
and the ECU WILL NOT recognize the parts...ALL the parts do is just give MORE air...that's it...
so the ECU just compensates....NOTHING more nothing less...
but its the same thing as your TL....
The following users liked this post:
**WhItE-aNgEl** (02-01-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
The RV6 HFC's shouldn't give you any check engine lights as long as they're installed properly, and the same goes with the Jpipe since that's just removing an unmonitored cat; so there shouldn't be a need to reset your ECU.

We have our XLR8 Jpipe made here inside the USA from T304 stainless steel on CNC machinery to ensure the best fit with performance in mind; so for an extra $10 you get a quality piece you cant beat!

However, we have the RV6 Jpipe along with their High Flow Cats (which I definitely recommend!) in stock too! I'll include the links below:Good luck & happy modding! Feel free to PM me with questions or for quotes.