Heated steering wheel for US model

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:36 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Heated steering wheel for US model

Has anyone with a US model TLX retrofitted with a Canadian heated steering wheel? Is the necessary wiring harness already in place? How much did the steering wheel cost?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:55 AM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by djsteve
Has anyone with a US model TLX retrofitted with a Canadian heated steering wheel? Is the necessary wiring harness already in place? How much did the steering wheel cost?
I guarantee it would be over $1000. We had a fake wood steering wheel option for the pilot once that was almost that. And this wheel is way more complex. Summer isnt far away, some mornings recently I actually havent used it!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I was wondering if that feature was already wired in as well, but I found the heated (US) steering wheel for the MDX I believe and I then looked at the assembly instructions necessary for swapping out the steering wheel. It was a massive undertaking and I'd have to agree that it would cost a lot just to have the labor done. I think the steering wheel alone was close to $1,000 so I'd put it between $1,000 and $1,500 installed.

I used to have heated windshield washer in my Caddy CTS, but it was recalled due to a potential fire issue. It was a really useful feature and it also sprayed the headlights, which was more beneficial than you'd think. I think Acura should at least offer a heated windshield, heated steering wheel, and possibly even the headlight washers to US customers maybe in some sort of "partially frigid state" package.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:15 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would love to know the same thing. I have tried to research the part numbers for the Canadian wheel, but without success. I asked the dealer about a retrofit and they did not know, but would inquire. That was 2 months ago and am still waiting for their answer. No surprise.

I am hopeful its just a different steering wheel rim with heating element inside and all the existing trim, switches, airbag can be moved over. Only other piece is the heated wheel on/off switch mounted left of lower spoke. I have to think the wheel clock spring is the same.

Here are the installation instructions on installing a heated steering wheel on the 2015 MDX:

http://www.acurapartssuperstore.com/...ring-wheel.pdf
The following users liked this post:
Hoosier_TLX (03-18-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
I'd be willing to give up the heated steering wheel and back seats for the US sticker price…..if the Canadian dollar ever get close to par again