Graphite Luster Metallic on its way to me

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Graphite Luster Metallic on its way to me

New poster here, have been lurking for a few weeks while I was eying the TLX, decided to make an account once I got a tentative order in.

A little background. My current ride is a 2013 base ILX in Fathom Blue Pearl, and I love it. This is the first Acura for myself and family. However, my lease was less than ideal for a number of reasons (mostly due to my impatience and inexperience in bargaining). I came in for a wash and saw the TLX and saw an opportunity to improve my situation.

I went to the same salesman who sold me the ILX and told him of my interest in the 4cyl with tech package. We worked out the numbers so that I got a deal I was happy with, though nothing is in stone currently. They did not have what I want on the lot, and no nearby dealer had it either. The color and package combo was already in route however, and they said it should be in by the end of the month. I gave a 500 dollar deposit to make sure the car does not get sold out from under me.

I have not had too much drive time with the car, because they just got the 4cyls in yesterday. He had me take a spin but it had all the plastic on everything, no gas, it was fresh off the truck. He just wanted me to feel it out. On Tuesday I will test drive it more.

I am very excited for this car, I like the look of it and I would appreciate some more tech in my car, coming from a base ILX. I also am not on the hook yet since nothing has been signed so I can walk away if I really don't like the deal or the car over the next month.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Welcome! You will be very happy with your upgrade, whichever model and package you decide on.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Welcome! I am glad that you could potentially work out a deal with your salesperson for a TLX! :-)
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Advanced

I really wanted to keep my Fathom Blue Pearl color, but I don't like light interiors and that seemed to be the only option on the TLX.

I was also eying the white. I have never had a white car before and I think it would be fun. We will see what else is coming in with the Graphite Tech that's reserved for me...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Congrats....I've only had my graphite luster for a few days now. Not regretting the choice. I had considered the Silver Slate, but decided to go with what I know I have always like -- the darker grays.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 20 Posts
Congrats! I can relate, I have a Graphite Luster Metallic Sh-AWD Tech coming my way by the end of the month/early October. Great color choice!!! I considered the Silver Slate, but my current TL is Silver and I wanted to try something different. I'm sure you will be very happy with your new car.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts
Congrats! I'm not trying to be provacative but consdering the ILX is the poorest Acura sedan to-date you will absolutely love the TLX and feel great about your purchase everyday.
It does look good in white but white is hard to keep clean if you are meticulous about your car's appearance. Anyone who tells you white is easy to keep clean is driving a dirty car.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by jeich182
Congrats! I'm not trying to be provacative but consdering the ILX is the poorest Acura sedan to-date you will absolutely love the TLX and feel great about your purchase everyday.
It does look good in white but white is hard to keep clean if you are meticulous about your car's appearance. Anyone who tells you white is easy to keep clean is driving a dirty car.
Well, actually every color is hard to keep clean, if being "clean" is the criteria. White doesn't show the dirt as readily as darker colors. I have owned several white vehicles... just saying
Old 09-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy it!!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:51 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Good luck and welcome to AZ..
Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to Azine! Sit down and stay a while
Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts
Welcome to the forum (officially)! Congrats on the deal and I'm sure you're going to love the car.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Well, actually every color is hard to keep clean, if being "clean" is the criteria. White doesn't show the dirt as readily as darker colors. I have owned several white vehicles... just saying
Maybe true for dust and pollen but it's the opposite for iron deposits, grease, and other road grime! When I detail my wife's MDX I have to hit it with Auto Finesse Iron-Out (and watch the purple streaks run down the car) to remove the little brown spots before I can move on to an intensive session with my Nanoskin Autoscrub pad.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeich182
Not provocative at all, it is their entry car, and I have the base version hahaha. Coming from a 2001 Ford Focus 2 door hatchback, it was a gigantic leap into the present day! However in comparison to the rest of the lineup, it is definitely lacking. I do prefer the size of the ILX however to the TLX, its my only concern. I am a single guy, I don't need such a big car.

Thanks everyone else for the welcome. I am going to drive the TLX again today so I can get more than 5 minutes in the seat. I was willing to put 500 to hold the incoming car mostly because I figured I would not hate it, and I really wanted to refresh my lease to extend into 2017.

I want to get a Tesla Model 3 when they come out then(), and I cant be in the middle of a lease at that point or I will be hosed.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Advanced

So over the last few days I have had some seat time in a 4cyl base and a V6 Tech (since they don't have any 4's with tech, or I would probably have purchased it already) to get a feel of the handling and the tech in the car.

I really like the 4cyl. Considering I am coming from a 2.0 150bhp ILX, only going up to 2.4 206bhp is not a big deal. Sure the car is heavier, but to me it feels very similar, and I have never felt lacking in power on my ILX. It is definitely going to take some getting used to, this 8 speed DCT. Most of my experience is in 5 speeds, and so I am finding if I am on the freeway and need a boost to pass, I probably need to click that paddle 2, or maybe even 3 times, not just once. Other than that I am definitely a fan of the 2.4 and also of the IDS system.

In the V6, Ill admit, I could feel the difference in power. But it wasn't enough to sway me, I am fine with the 4. I got to mess with the tech though in that one, and I liked a lot of what I saw. I LOVE the Brake Hold system, and was happy to see that is standard, I just missed it on my base ride. I live in Seattle, and we have lots of steep streets. Not having to cram the pedal down the whole time was super nice, and the ability to go onto the gas with the brake fully engaged was much nicer than two footing it like I do currently.

Acura needs to up their Navi game. Bad. Those maps look so terrible. The system seems to work well enough, but man, I test drove an Audi A3, and those 4G assisted Google Maps with satellite view and Street View are amazing. Once you see that its hard not to think badly of anything lesser.

Does the Tech package come with the cruise control that can adjust itself? I don't think it does, but I also could not tell if I just wasn't turning it on.

The one feature I cannot tell if I will keep on or not is the LKAS, Lane Keep Assist. I was surprised how well it worked, and it was really cool seeing it in action. I felt the future for sure, when I could take my hands off (with them an inch away of course, I am not trying to prove anything lol) and see it do the work. Using it how it was designed however, was unnerving. It felt like the feeling in the wheel when you are getting buffeted by the wind; a shimmy in the wheel that is contrary to your input. I dont know if I would drive around with it on 24/7. maybe just on a long drive. I did like though that it disables it when you turn on your blinker (makes sense) and also does not give too much resistance if you force it out of the lane, as in an emergency situation. A light came on, and it added in some steering resistance, but only enough to notice and stop if you didn't mean to be doing it, not anything to actually stop you. I really liked that.

That was longer than I meant it to be, this wasn't a review or anything. I guess I just got excited lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by BandwidthExceeded:
BookemDanole (09-11-2014), Toddo627 (09-11-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Advanced

Seems my timetable has moved up, I am now being told it should be here on the 15th, though not sure if he meant arrives, or I can take it then.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BandwidthExceeded
Does the Tech package come with the cruise control that can adjust itself? I don't think it does, but I also could not tell if I just wasn't turning it on.
No Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is only available with the Advance package.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quandry
No Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is only available with the Advance package.
Ok that's what I thought I had read. Glad I didn't "try harder" to see if it was working...
Old 09-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Congrats and welcome to AcuraZine! Be sure and post pictures when you pick it up.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Right. Cars are cars, they get really dirty. Obviously white shows it pretty bad. Black shows moisture spots badly. My milano red is pretty dirty right now, but it's also terrible for showing scratches.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:52 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Right. Cars are cars, they get really dirty. Obviously white shows it pretty bad. Black shows moisture spots badly. My milano red is pretty dirty right now, but it's also terrible for showing scratches.
Lighter colours will hide scratches and swirls more than dark colours. My gray Honda did a nice job of not showing the dirt until you got up close on it.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and good color choice. The more I drive my car the more I like it.

The only color I absolutely won't have on a car is black ( but my Harley is black). Looks great perfectly clean off the showroom floor but doesn't stay that way for long. I really like that graphite metallic but all the other colors look nice too. Gunmetal is prolly my favorite car color.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Ugh, I am getting annoyed with this idea that they have a truck rolling across the US, loaded with what, 250k worth of TLX's, and they have no idea where it is, when it will get here or anything.

Where can I get this trucker job, where I have no specific times to be anywhere, I never have to report in my location or ETA, and I seemingly don't have a transponder?

Dont tell me "Your car will probably be here on the 15th" then "...by the 22nd" then "... well its supposed to be in Portland OR on the 22nd"
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

For some reason they have decided not to make transport and delivery dates known, but make no mistake those responsible for scheduling and delivery know exactly what is going where and when they will be delivered. Blame their strategy, or press the dealer to see if they are the real blockers of if it is corporate.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quandry
For some reason they have decided not to make transport and delivery dates known, but make no mistake those responsible for scheduling and delivery know exactly what is going where and when they will be delivered.
Oh for sure, I was just being sarcastic. No company can run a business and not know where their millions of dollars of stock is. I don't know however like you said, is this more a local level concealment of detail, or a corporate level.

Annoying to me either way.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Advanced

I was told today it will be ready for me to take from the dealer tomorrow at 1pm. I am very excited!!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Here are some quick pics of the car, will have some better ones later. I am a bit annoyed I already have an issue but it is minor and I will post about it in the Problems and Fixes section.

The following 2 users liked this post by BandwidthExceeded:
Rocketsfan (09-25-2014), Stew4HD (09-26-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Advanced

I thought it was really nice of them to put it inside, it was raining all day and they worked on cleaning it up indoors and left it there so I could see it before it got soaked.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Cruisin'

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Graphite Luster Metallic is definitely the best color.
The following users liked this post:
BandwidthExceeded (09-26-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Advanced

I got to drive it tonight in the dark. Boy, those LED headlamps are something else...
Old 09-26-2014, 02:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KWarp
Congrats on your purchase. Graphite Luster Metallic is definitely the best color.
I really like it as well. The black is very nice too, but the GLM really stood out to me,
Old 09-26-2014, 05:51 AM
Suzuka Master

I really like it as well. The black is very nice too, but the GLM really stood out to me,
Congrats! She is beautiful!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Racer

I was going back and forth between black and GLM. Black is so damn sexy but I drive myself crazy keeping my black S2000 clean and I don't even drive it all that much! I have GLM now so I didn't want it again but it is a good color because it's still dark but a lot more forgiving than black (I know first hand) plus the metallic helps light play off the curves of the body. Hope to pick mine up next week. Congrats on yours!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
Right after we signed on the white V6 SH-AWD (the color my wife has always wanted) we saw the GLM and she was like "ooooh...." and I said, this is our last chance, and she said, "no we'll stick with the white, but that's PRETTY" LOL