disguised sales emails

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
disguised sales emails

This is the second time I've received an email like this:

---

Sierra Acura of Alhambra would like to thank you for your past business by upgrading your Acura TLX. Our records indicate you are one of the select few customers who should be able to trade in your 2015 Acura TLX and upgrade into a brand new one with little or no money down and a similar monthly payment.

This program will only be available for a limited period of time so please contact Michelle Kandel at (626) 739-5583 to schedule an appointment, or stop by at your convenience with this printed letter.

Thank you,

Michelle Kandel
(626) 739-5583
mkandel@sierracars.com

---

They make it seem like you're part of an exclusive offer for only a small set of clients. It's just a ploy to upsell you into a newer model. I've asked them is there some sort of incentive, eg special financing or cash back? Also, what if I've already paid off my car?

This is BS.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
I asked my dealer to remove me to any email solicitation. I don't see anything really wrong with this email. They can *try*. It is always a "limited offer"
Old 03-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Their just trying to sell new cars, that's what they do for a living. Op-out if you don't want the emails.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
I've never received an email from my dealership trying to upsell me. *knock on wood*
Old 03-25-2017, 07:27 AM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Born yesterday, Rocket_pup?

textbook physiological sales tactic.
there's a science in selling things...salesmen play with your mind

by tricking one into thinking one is apart of some exclusive club, one is more likely to purchase...
but of course, it only works on stupid people.
you are not stupid, as you have paid off the car already...or wouldnt have asked.
just disregard, as all the salesmen are doing is fishing...FISHING for dummies
Old 03-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
She's made no offer, to you, for anything special.

If you like them, and you want to get a newer TLX, maybe you should give her a shot. But, I bet you can do better with their Internet salesperson. Well, maybe she's the Internet salesperson, I really don't know.

I'd rather get these emails than have my dealer call me, then call me, call me some more, and call me until I have to tell them to go get stuffed. This is what my dealer did, to me.

"We want to buy your car!"

"Really? What kind of car do I have?"

"I don't know, I don't have your information."

"Then, how do you know you want to buy my car?"

"..."
Old 03-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Every auto manufacturer and their dealers do this. It's neither benign or underhanded - it's simply sales - they sell, we consume. Another approach is to suggest they really want your particular model/year as it's much in demand as a used car. This is normally accompanied with a suggestion that they can put you into a new version for the same or less money. As a leaser, I see this often. It is possible, but there is always negative equity, and to make the monthly payment equivalent or less, it generally involves a longer lease and a lower level version of the car. As always, it's up to the consumer to figure out if this type of deal makes sense for them.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:54 AM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
it's always beneficial for the salesman to make a sale TODAY. cuz that's money in their pocket!
so, if they can "flip you" or convert you into a sale from fishing,or casting out a wide net...they just made it a little bit closer to their financial goal for the month.
these "flips" are the easiest sale to close, because people take the bait...hook, line and sinker.

it's always better for the consumer to save up for a down payment and research,on your own time...Not theirs.. (that's another psychological trick.. to create a sense of urgency for impulse buys)

Last edited by justnspace; 03-25-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts
I get those also

plus I keep getting a $500 bonus for trade in

holy cow cow let me run to the dealer for that one (sarcastically speaking)
Old 03-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
it's always beneficial for the salesman to make a sale TODAY. cuz that's money in their pocket!
so, if they can "flip you" or convert you into a sale from fishing,or casting out a wide net...they just made it a little bit closer to their financial goal for the month.
these "flips" are the easiest sale to close, because people take the bait...hook, line and sinker.

it's always better for the consumer to save up for a down payment and research,on your own time...Not theirs.. (that's another psychological trick.. to create a sense of urgency for impulse buys)
Yep, it always sets off my spider sense when it's a "limited time offer" or "inventory is low." Whether it a car, or a hot stock, a house, or the Green Goblin, I immediately retreat and live to shop / fight another day.