CR - "Should I buy an Acura TLX or just buy a loaded Honda Accord?"

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
As we can all agree that the TLX is more car than the Accord, for more money, the issue is really about individuals assessing their own subjective value proposition. What do you want in a car and how much more are you willing to pay?. That can never be decided by any number of people with different tastes and wants. For me, I always make lists of positive and any negative features (for me) of any two or three cars I am considering, including test drive performance, and then decide accordingly.

Discussion can be amusing but this topic has not only been beaten into the ground, it's been chopped into little pieces and scattered to the winds!!!!! Let's debate as to who you would prefer….Mary-Anne or Ginger. Much more interesting (I'm a Mary-Anne guy).
I rather have Pam Anderson, or Jay Cutler's wife.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2012wagon:
Comfy (01-28-2015), mapleloaf (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 05:44 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 842 Likes on 524 Posts
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger
J35 yes, but the Pilot is the pre-Earth Dreams J35Z series still and the MDX, TLX, Accord V6 are all J35Y series. Here you see a 40hp diff between the peak power Pilot/MDX whereas it's roughly a quarter of that in the Accord/TLX.

That gap will close soon, and both the Pilot/MDX will share J35Y engines. But before the 2014 redesign, the MDX was using a J37. The MDX has had a pretty healthy output advantage over the Pilot for a long time now.
lol well, you left the very first sentence that I wrote,

"The issue is that, the current MDX is a new generation that came out as a 2014 model, while the current Pilot started life as a 2009 model."

If we are looking the last gen, then the TL had a 3.7L engine that made 305hp, while the Accord had 271hp.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Much like my TLX vs a Lexus, I prefer the smouldering sensuality of Mary-Anne over the over the top siren looks of Ginger (Gilligan's Island for the youngness). Mary-Anne will always be in style, Ginger will not.
The following 2 users liked this post by mapleloaf:
07Acuradude (01-29-2015), Pocketman (02-02-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Discussion can be amusing but this topic has not only been beaten into the ground, it's been chopped into little pieces and scattered to the winds!!!!! Let's debate as to who you would prefer….Mary-Anne or Ginger. Much more interesting (I'm a Mary-Anne guy).
Agree!! My goodness, we're all big boys and girls. After so much discussion, buy whatever one turns you on.

Speaking of that, I like Ginger!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I agree....I am not sure why there is this obsession of need the approval of online folks to justify one's purchase.

I get what I want....end of story!

Ginger, Marry-Ann....why chose when you can do "un menage a trois" (lol) That is MY vote...
The following users liked this post:
Glashub (01-29-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde

Is that sarcasm? The engines are as different between the MDX and Pilot as they are between the Accord & TLX. Direct injection vs Port, different compression ratios, etc.

If you include the drivetrain, then the TLX differs more from the Accord than the MDX does from the Pilot.
Actually the 9th gen Accords all have DI engines methinks.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
From LED vs Halogen - LIFX
Why is an LED Better Than a Halogen Lamp?

While a halogen bulb has a number of advantages over an incandescent light, LEDs contain a number of benefits over halogen lamps. These include:

1. Colour Profile : LEDs are available in a whole range of colours for any lighting situation. Halogen lights burn much hotter than incandescent bulbs and therefore only produce a bright white light. This might be good for some situations, but when a different colour is required, LEDs are a better option.

2. Heat : Halogen lights not only burn brightly, but they also produce a lot of heat. They can cause a nasty burn when touched by accident and will raise the temperature of a room significantly. This can cause real problems especially in hotter climates. LEDs produce very little heat and do not add to an environment's temperature. Due to their low heat output they are also safer and have a lower chance of starting an accidental fire.

3. Energy Consumption : Halogen bulbs use a large amount of electricity to produce light. This can lead to substantial energy bills. LEDs on the other hand use only a fraction of the power which can lead to huge savings each month. They are also better for the environment as they reduce the carbon footprint of those who use them through lower power consumption.

4. Long Lasting : While Halogen lamps last longer than their incandescent counterparts, LEDs can burn for a staggering 60,000 hours. In that time a consumer would have to buy anywhere from 10 to 20 halogen bulbs just for one socket. This again saves a large amount of money on replacements. It also cuts down on maintenance times. Install an LED and don't worry about it for years to come.

5. Power Source : While halogen bulbs can make excellent torches, they are often used in conjunction with a mains power source. LEDs on the other hand are able to work off of something as small as a watch battery due to their low power consumption. This increases their uses markedly. Outside Christmas lights, light strips, garden lights - LEDs can easily be used for any situation without the need to be connected to a main electricity supply. This can circumvent any concerns about having a live cable being exposed to the elements.

6. Durable : Because LEDs are made from a solid semiconductor they are much more durable than halogen bulbs. Halogen lights are made from quartz and glass and therefore are much more fragile. They can be broken when dropped or bashed, and while the quartz gives them more durability than incandescent bulbs, LEDs are far more reliable. Drop one and it will probably still work. What's more, with little or no glass, LEDs reduce the risk of an animal or child stepping on a stray shard when broken.

7. Compact Design : LEDs come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be manufactured to almost any specification. This is why they are included in everything from mobile phones to security lights. Halogen lamps are more constrained by their bulb design, and as such are less adaptable. LEDs can happily sit flush in a wall cavity or floor without having to make any major changes to the surroundings.
Quite interesting. This articles lists all the advantages of LED lights Vs halogens but you missed the one in the question?
Can it illuminate farther / brighter than a Halogen? Someone who has both of these cars for regular use can offer an answer.
Don't get me wrong. I do like LEDs .
Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by weather

Ginger, Marry-Ann....why chose when you can do "un menage a trois" (lol) That is MY vote...
You should check out the "teacher having sex with student thread". A math teacher just got caught having 3 sums....
Old 01-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Actually the 9th gen Accords all have DI engines methinks.
Incorrect. The V6 in the Pilot, and Accord do not, while the newer V6 in the MDX and TLX do.

Hence my total confusion on someone saying the MDX and Pilot are completely different, but the TLX and Accord are the same.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 01-28-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Incorrect. The V6 in the Pilot, and Accord do not, while the newer V6 in the MDX and TLX do.

Hence my total confusion on someone saying the MDX and Pilot are completely different, but the TLX and Accord are the same.
I don't anyone buying anyone buying the cars really cares about the technical features of each motor. They care about output/performance and mileage. Here, the MDX and the Pilot are clearly more separable than the Accord and the TLX.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:43 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts

2015 Honda Accord Sedan - Specifications - Official Honda Site

Ah - your correct - it's just the Accord 4 cyl with the DI.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:12 AM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Not sure how you parsed that from this,

but ok.
not sure how you could possibly assume he meant the car is 80% identical aside from a few nuts and bolts..
people clearly know the body panels and windows are different on two completely separate models..

Last edited by Rockstar21; 01-29-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockstar21
not sure how you could possibly assume he meant the car is 80% identical aside from a few nuts and bolts..
people clearly know the body panels and windows are different on two completely separate models..
Which is why the statement was questioned. Seriously, if someone writes an imprecise statement, how can it be the readers fault for not reading his mind? It's like blaming the target when the arrow misses. (are you contradicting yourself in the same sentence?)
Stew4HD (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Acura advances with TLX: All-new mid-size car offers impressive technology, crisp performance

Above article is kind of interesting - TLX vs Accord.

But again, is it really important what everyone else thinks?
mapleloaf (01-29-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
I don't anyone buying anyone buying the cars really cares about the technical features of each motor. They care about output/performance and mileage. Here, the MDX and the Pilot are clearly more separable than the Accord and the TLX.
Not caring about the technical features doesn't make them any less different.

Comparing the Accord to the TLX you have different engines, transmissions, ride, "quite different" handling, NVH, lack of 4wheel steering, lack of AWD option, tech features, use of high strength steel, etc, etc, etc. The more you actual you read the article, the more different the cars appear, and those differences were worth the money to me. I really like the Accord, if it had available AWD, I would have considered taking it for a spin since I do like the car so much, but it is an entirely different class of car.

The main similarities lie in dash layout which is what testers, and everyone else sees all the time. It was mentioned in this article asd well, and Acura does need to do more to differentiate those areas an owner would spend the most time seeing.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
benjaminh (01-30-2015), Stew4HD (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Accord EXL compared with TLX

As many have said, both of these cars are great. But to answer the question of whether the TLX is "worth it" compared to an Accord, I tried to add up all the features and things you get with the TLX, and tried to imagine what I'd pay for them. This is obviously very subjective and would be different for each person, but here's what I came up with.

206 hp engine compared to 185 for the Accord: $600
8-speed dual-clutch transmission compared to CVT: $600
PAWS precision all-wheel steering: $400
IDS: $400
JewelEye LED headlights $400
60/40 split fold down seats: $200
Acura Premium Audio system: $300
Premium interior/added soundproofing: $600
Very nice exterior/more high grade steel: $600
longer warranty: $400
tilt down memory mirrors: $200
paddle shifters: $300
larger performance tires: $400
larger and more powerful brakes: $400
capless fueling: $100
advanced TPMS: $200
electric parking brake: $200
etc.

But you lose compared to the EXL lanewatch (-$400) and FCW/LDW (-$400)

Adding it up, seems like very subjectively the Acura TLX would be "worth" to me c. $5000 over an Accord EXL. Since the Accord EXL lists for $28,420 and the Acura TLX lists for $31,445 there's a difference in msrp of about $3k. And so the TLX seems like a compelling car for the price.

Last edited by benjaminh; 01-30-2015 at 01:10 PM.
jeremyw (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 01:20 PM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Things like P-AWS (not to mention SH-AWD) and IDS are subjective, perhaps, but they change the perceived value of the car quite a bit.

P-AWS works, by the way. You feel much better in enthusiastic driving because the rear angles serve to help flatten the car, so you can apply more throttle without throwing the car into a close-hauled heel.

I suppose it depends on what you value.

If you are unlikely to be someone who'd ever appreciate P-AWS, SH-AWD, IDS or ELS Audio, then it's possible that the Accord is just going to be the best thing for you to do.

Acura personnel are trained a little differently, too. Compared to Honda personnel, Acura personnel treat you more or less with kid gloves.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Two thumbs up! You really paid attention to those details. I thought I was the only one who noticed Accord does not have a tilt-down rear view mirrors. Even the Accord Tour does not have it.

Originally Posted by benjaminh
As many have said, both of these cars are great. But to answer the question of whether the TLX is "worth it" compared to an Accord, I tried to add up all the features and things you get with the TLX, and tried to imagine what I'd pay for them. This is obviously very subjective and would be different for each person, but here's what I came up with.

etc.

Adding it up, seems like very subjectively the Acura TLX would be "worth" to me c. $5000 over an Accord EXL. Since the Accord EXL lists for $28,420 and the Acura TLX lists for $31,445 there's a difference in msrp of about $3k. And so the TLX seems like a compelling car for the price.
benjaminh (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
I'll probably be picking up my next car in December. If Acura comes out with a TLX hybrid I'll probably get it. If not I'll probably get the Accord. It isn't a matter of saving on fuel since you pay more for the tech, it is a matter of just not wanting to deal with getting in line for gas and wasting time. A good friend got the Accord hybrid a few months ago and I enjoyed the ride but would prefer the nice seats of the TLX and slightly better sound insulation.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
well said! I am looking to buy a car in the summer of 2015 and am looking at a full range from the Altima SL to an Audi A4. But when it comes for the best combination of value/performance/comfort my finalists have been narrowed to the Acura TLX and the Honda Accord Hybrid. Your post has definitely helped keep the TLX in my lead though!

etc.

benjaminh (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLXVanquish
well said! I am looking to buy a car in the summer of 2015 and am looking at a full range from the Altima SL to an Audi A4. But when it comes for the best combination of value/performance/comfort my finalists have been narrowed to the Acura TLX and the Honda Accord Hybrid. Your post has definitely helped keep the TLX in my lead though!
I'm curious - if Acura had a hybrid TLX would you still consider an Altima or Audi? Nice cars, I'm just curious how they'd rank.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by boe_d
I'll probably be picking up my next car in December. If Acura comes out with a TLX hybrid I'll probably get it. If not I'll probably get the Accord. It isn't a matter of saving on fuel since you pay more for the tech, it is a matter of just not wanting to deal with getting in line for gas and wasting time. A good friend got the Accord hybrid a few months ago and I enjoyed the ride but would prefer the nice seats of the TLX and slightly better sound insulation.
You probably know this already, but Acura is almost certainly not going to do a hybrid version of the TLX in the next year, or probably ever. I think we would have heard about it by now. As you may know, Acura phased out the hybrid version of the ILX because of low sales.

The TLX 2.4 does, however, already have a pretty good range. Since the TLX has a 17.2 gallon tank, and is rated 35 mpg on the highway, that's a highway range of about 600 miles. Even with the city rating of 24 mpg that means about 400 miles on a tank. Just something to think about.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Burning Brakes

"If rumors are to be believed, then Acura is all set to bring an amazing surprise for their followers who show attraction towards sports cars. Newer 2016 Acura TLX is going to arrive with a sporty model under title of Type-S along with a hybrid model. "

They also had miserable sales of their Honda Accord hybrid that they quickly discontinued because they did a miserable job the first time - not much better MPG, and not really much else going for it. The new accord hybrid has better acceleration by far than a PRIUS, decent style and reasonably comparable fuel economy. Dealerships can't keep them on the lot.

If they used the much better hybrid engine (than that ILX engine) of the accord in the Acura TLX they could have something. I honestly believe if they were willing to give up about 5MPG and improved acceleration by even half a second you'd see a good demand - I could be wrong of course as it is just my opinion.

Last edited by boe_d; 02-01-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Racer

Esp. given the fall of gas prices, my guess is that it's pretty unlikely that Acura will do a TLX hybrid. The next gen tech of the Accord Hybrid makes it a great performer, as you say, but it's possible they are breaking even or even losing money on every one they make. If you really want the extra range, I think the Accord Hybrid Touring might be your ticket. It's pretty luxurious and has lots of high end features, such as adaptive cruise, etc.

But, the Accord Hybrid also has a slightly smaller gas tank: 15.8 compared to 17.2 for the Accord and TLX. The combined mpg rating for the Accord Hybrid is 47 mpg x 15.8 = range up to 740 miles. The Honda Accord has a combined mpg rating of 31 mpg x 17.2 = range up to 530 miles. With its combined 28 mpg rating, the TLX has a range of up to 480 miles.

If I may ask, what do you currently drive and what's your range if you multiply the combined mpg by the size of your tank? Just curious....

Anyway, best wishes with whatever you end up getting.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Burning Brakes

If I may ask, what do you currently drive and what's your range if you multiply the combined mpg by the size of your tank? Just curious....

Anyway, best wishes with whatever you end up getting.

I currently have an old acura TL. Part of my problem is I have a lead foot. The other issue is I live in LA where even the highway is stop and go. If I drive to Vegas I get about 360 miles on a tank. If I drive to work I probably get about 200 miles on a tank.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by boe_d
I currently have an old acura TL. Part of my problem is I have a lead foot. The other issue is I live in LA where even the highway is stop and go. If I drive to Vegas I get about 360 miles on a tank. If I drive to work I probably get about 200 miles on a tank.
What year? How many miles on it? I assume it's been a good car for you, or you wouldn't be shopping Acura again? Sympathies on the lead foot. Me too sometimes.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Burning Brakes

2001 - still runs like a top. I've yet to find a more comfortable seat in any car. I've had to change the tires twice and had general maintenance done on it twice. Strangely the breaks haven't needed replacing yet.
benjaminh (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Racer

Did you buy it new? That's amazing that it's still on the original brake pads. Anyway, just some more factoids that you already pretty much know, but according to the EPA a 2001 Acura TL has a combined mpg rating of 20 mpg. Since the 2015 TLX is rated at 28 that's already c. 40% higher mpg. Of course a new Accord Hybrid would mean a more than 100% increase in mpg!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Bought it new to replace my Honda Civic - also a fantastic car needing nearly no service other than the timing belt - break pads on it did wear out. The civic got great gas mileage that I sorely miss. Frankly I have a tough time moving on from Honda as I've had bad luck with Fords and my friend who tends to buy Jeeps and other American cars always seems to have some car issue. I am tempted to get a Lexus ES hybrid though.

Last edited by boe_d; 02-01-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
It seems to me that hybrid sales, over all, have not been good. So, Honda's bad sales on their hybrid is no surprise. People see the higher pricetag and, if they are watching their dollars, can calculate how long it would take to re-coupe the price difference between the hybrid and NA car.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Burning Brakes

It seems to me that hybrid sales, over all, have not been good. So, Honda's bad sales on their hybrid is no surprise. People see the higher pricetag and, if they are watching their dollars, can calculate how long it would take to re-coupe the price difference between the hybrid and NA car.

Not sure where you heard that their hybrid sales have not been good. I've spoken with a number of dealerships and so as my friend who ended up buying the Accord Hybrid and there is about a max of 1 week before an Accord hybrid hits the lot and the unit is sold. Many can't even get one for more than a few hours. Honda has a problem with their battery manufacturer supplying enough batteries which unfortunately is keeping their models available in the US very low although for some reason they can get more in Asia. There is negligible negotiation on the price of them since they can't keep them on the lot but you can haggle quite well for the other Accords.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Racer

Yes, my brother in law has been trying to buy an Accord Hybrid Touring for almost a year. They never seem to get the color he wants in stock. They are usually sold before they hit his dealership. The Accord Hybrid, however, seems like it might be the only hot selling hybrid at this point. The Prius is in a bit of a decline, I think. And even the Accord Hybrid is likely to have somewhat less demand now that prices have fallen....
Old 02-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Even this is hard, Ginger for the 'one night' but Mary-Ann to take home to mom.
But... but... aren't both the Accord and the TLX Mary-Ann??

I suppose Ginger could be the Honda Accord V6 Coupe with a manual. Or maybe the S2000.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Suzuka Master

According to this website: As Gas Prices Drop, Hybrid Sales Shift Into Low Gear : NPR

Sales of what the industry calls advanced-drive vehicles — traditional hybrids, plug-ins and all-electric cars — are down about 5 percent this year. At the same time, trucks are up by 17 percent and SUV sales have grown by 20 percent.
benjaminh (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

I imagine you are correct about sales dropping for some. However I think that Honda finally hit the nail on the head with the hybrid and the moment prices go back up to even $3 a gallon, it will be in short supply. Hopefully this gives them time to catch up on backorders and maybe even give some dealers an inventory for customers - 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Supplies Tight In 'Rolling Release'
Old 02-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

I am not saying it's a bad car at all, just wanted to make that clear. I'd like for Acura to offer a hybrid in car in their each line up
boe_d (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I am not saying it's a bad car at all, just wanted to make that clear. I'd like for Acura to offer a hybrid in car in their each line up
I appreciate that. I don't even want a Type-S but I want to them to offer it. I would however be very interested in buying a hybrid if it was closely aligned with the tech in the new accord hybrid. If they could make it a teensy bit sportier on the acceleration without significant MPG issues, I'd be thrilled. Rumor has it the new Accords will have turbo. I have no idea if it is possible, but I imagine a turbo hybrid tlx would address my needs quite nicely.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I've owned two Accords and found them to be very good vehicles. Therefore, when I decided to trade my 2008 TSX last November, a new Accord was a strong contender. As pointed out in the OP, from a cost perspective, the Accord was a better choice than the TLX. I however chose the TLX for different reasons (some of which have been mentioned). There are so many Hondas on the road that they've become "just another vehicle." Not the best reason for choosing one car over another, but nonetheless a factor. What really sold me was the refinement of the TLX vs the Accord. The ride and cabin noise was another strong factor. I was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I took our first road trip. (TLX is also a much nicer road car than her late model Camry.) The icing on the cake is the Acura service. I have experience with both local dealerships and the Acura service department is much more personal.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pocketman:
a35tl (02-02-2015), wlkeel (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 05:14 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 842 Likes on 524 Posts
J35 yes, but the Pilot is the pre-Earth Dreams J35Z series still and the MDX, TLX, Accord V6 are all J35Y series. Here you see a 40hp diff between the peak power Pilot/MDX whereas it's roughly a quarter of that in the Accord/TLX.

That gap will close soon, and both the Pilot/MDX will share J35Y engines. But before the 2014 redesign, the MDX was using a J37. The MDX has had a pretty healthy output advantage over the Pilot for a long time now.

etc.

great summary of facts!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:50 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I currently own a 2014 Accord EX-L Sedan (I4) and a 2015 TLX Tech (I4)

Let's talk about the main differences.

When it comes to overall handling and ride quality, the TLX beats the Accord anyday. TLX is more refined and smoother on bumps. The cabin is very quiet compared to the Accord, which was a surprise to me since the Accord is also very quiet.

The ELS sound system is much better than the upgraded EX-L sound system. I can play the same song in both cars and there is a huge difference. Both the cars lack in the bass department but TLX delivers the music with immense details.

As far as the headlights go- I also own a 2006 Honda S2000 with stock projectors and Osram CBI 5000k bulbs. The bulbs on the S2000 are very bright and white compared to the Accord. The Accord's halogen do travel very far, but the TLX kills it with the LED setup. Much crisper, brighter, and whiter. The beam is wider in the S2000 compared to both the TLX and the Accord but that is because the way the headlights are positioned in the S2000. But yeah, the TLX has a much better light output than the Accord.

Brakes- Accord has much better brakes than the TLX. Accord seems to stop quicker and the pedal feels more solid compared to the TLX.

Acceleration- TLX is a lot quicker and also feels amazing thanks to the DCT. Accord CVT feels bland, but it is still powerful.

Interior- Accord is bigger and wider, so more room.

Bells and whistles- TLX has the tilt down side mirror when backing up. Blind spot indicator (best feature yet). Touch screen interface (annoying at times compared to the Accord). Lane Keep Assist really helps and works wonderful to my surprise.

The only thing I don't like about the TLX compared to the Accord are the wheels. I think the wheels on the Accord look a lot better than the ones on the TLX.

Bottom line- I prefer driving the Acura more than I like driving the Accord, because the TLX feels much better =)
The following 2 users liked this post by Red2K:
benjaminh (02-06-2015), TLXVanquish (02-06-2015)

Quick Reply: CR - "Should I buy an Acura TLX or just buy a loaded Honda Accord?"