Brown wood trim ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014 | 06:22 PM
Advanced

Brown wood trim ?

i know its not actually wood, but it is brown,and that repels me...no other trim finish choices available?..if not....another bad move by acura.
Old 09-30-2014 | 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by JOE COOL
i know its not actually wood, but it is brown,and that repels me...no other trim finish choices available?..if not....another bad move by acura.
Actually it is real wood. It's not too hard to cover it with something else if you want.
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014 | 07:02 PM
Advanced

thanks for the reply...i stand corrected...i see the tlx being presented as sport and performance....to me brown wood is luxury...its a clash...i always go with black leather...that brown wood is just gonna jump out....im bringing my wifes rdx in monday for service. i was gonna do a test drive just to see the handling, but that brown wood is a deal breaker ,at least for me. acura needs to offer more choice. we wanted a white rdx, in 2013 model year but couldnt get it with black leather, so we had to pick our second choice, silver. i think i read black is now available with white. but acura still seems confused, from not removing the controversial and outdated beak,and now no trim choice, i have to once again look to another auto maker. i couldnt buy the last gen tl. i had the one before it, 07 tl and the one before that 02 tls. i was hoping this generation might get me back, but i dont think thats gonna happen. still im going into acura monday,so i might as well give it a spin while my rdx is in service.
Old 09-30-2014 | 07:11 PM
Cruisin'

Just ordered mine and will be wraping the wood in a carbon fiber wrap. Feel the same way but nothing wrap cant fix
Old 09-30-2014 | 07:19 PM

thanks for the reply...i stand corrected...i see the tlx being presented as sport and performance....to me brown wood is luxury...its a clash...i always go with black leather...that brown wood is just gonna jump out....im bringing my wifes rdx in monday for service. i was gonna do a test drive just to see the handling, but that brown wood is a deal breaker ,at least for me. acura needs to offer more choice. we wanted a white rdx, in 2013 model year but couldnt get it with black leather, so we had to pick our second choice, silver. i think i read black is now available with white. but acura still seems confused, from not removing the controversial and outdated beak,and now no trim choice, i have to once again look to another auto maker. i couldnt buy the last gen tl. i had the one before it, 07 tl and the one before that 02 tls. i was hoping this generation might get me back, but i dont think thats gonna happen. still im going into acura monday,so i might as well give it a spin while my rdx is in service.
I was going to say I must be getting old because I think it looks really classy - then I noticed you're older than I am

I think it's tastefully done in the TLX and the shade of wood is perfect for the ebony interior. In fact the more I drive mine the more I really like everything about the cabin.
Stew4HD (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014 | 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
*snip*

In fact the more I drive mine the more I really like everything about the cabin.
That is good news and is how it should be!

Cheers!
Old 09-30-2014 | 07:40 PM
Instructor

I'm not a huge fan of vast amounts of wood in cars either, but I agree with the other posters, I find my new TLX's wood trim to be somewhat sublime in comparison to other vehicles I've owned.
Old 10-01-2014 | 06:04 AM
Advanced

in the end its all subjective. some like some dont. if acura did the cover over and warrantied it i might consider, if i was that impressed with the test drive. so many products on the market i dont know or wanna research which is good and which is not. then i have to seek out and deal with independent installers..... my current car is a bmw 535. it came with run flats ,first time i ever had them ,i didnt like them and they were also prone to sidewall bubbles. they were very sensitive. il give you an example, one day im driving and i ran over an empty poland spring water bottle on the road. it hit front pass tire skidded under the car and hit front driver tire. sorta like a spare in bowling,pulled over and bingo 2 bubbles...... nah just kidding, but they often bubbled at low speed and small potholes. good year ls2 245 40 19, a tire from hell. and althought they were warrantied the car was in the shop sometimes for days while they located these limited replacements. i just got fed up and put on traditional tires,less cost, less stress, better ride. point is ,i dont like the fact bmw doesnt offer choice on tires. some companies give no spare but inflation kits and compressors. the trend is whats good for them ,and whats good for them is sometimes not good for us. it usually means less choice. and the older i get im less likely to go along with it. i resent buying either an acura or a bmw and having to compromise. i know no car company will meet all of my expectations but i will seek the one that meets the most. there are lots of good choices in the auto world today,and its very competitive. so if you do your homework and you have the resources, you can make a choice that offers the least compromise.
Old 10-02-2014 | 07:53 PM
Suzuka Master

the wood didn't bother as much as I thought it would....I saw one with the brown interior and thought there were too many different colors going on so I will be going with a black interior.

One thing that bothered me a lot more than I thought it would was the absence of a gear shifter. I have been driving for 28 years and whether its an auto or manual, I always have had something to hold....this will take some getting used for me
Old 10-02-2014 | 09:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Like me I am sure you will adapt quite quickly, and I have been driving longer than you. Then again that driving includes right hand drive stick shifts, column mounted gear shifts with front bench seats. Oh, the bad memories.
Old 10-02-2014 | 10:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Quandry
Like me I am sure you will adapt quite quickly, and I have been driving longer than you. Then again that driving includes right hand drive stick shifts, column mounted gear shifts with front bench seats. Oh, the bad memories.
Oh man.. a '71 white maverick, straight 6 with a 3 on the tree.. I drove the hell out of that car
Old 10-02-2014 | 10:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by weather
the wood didn't bother as much as I thought it would....I saw one with the brown interior and thought there were too many different colors going on so I will be going with a black interior.

One thing that bothered me a lot more than I thought it would was the absence of a gear shifter. I have been driving for 28 years and whether its an auto or manual, I always have had something to hold....this will take some getting used for me
Weather, when I test drove the V6 FWD TLX, I really surprised myself that I got used to the button shifter quite quickly. Initially, I was looking for the gear shifter, but soon enough I didn't miss it any more. It was quite natural for me. I am sure that it will be the same for you too! :-)
Old 10-02-2014 | 10:39 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by weather

I agree the Espresso brown and the faux wood brown are too similar. Mike Chan's Espresso/Carbon Fiber would be the way to go.

Here.....

I've heard it wasn't good for the transmission to ride with your hand resting on it all the time. I don't know if that is true or not, but I never got in that habit. In my 3 test drives I didn't miss the shifter and in fact I liked the more open console, one less thing to get in my way.
Old 10-03-2014 | 06:49 AM
Colorado Springs

I think you're confusing the advice for manual transmission owners not to rest their foot on the clutch pedal. *Maybe* there is some credence to not resting your hand on a manual shifter since it is more connected to the transmission. But automatic transmission shifters, for years are not connected mechanically/hydraulically to the transmission, they are more or less connected with electronic solenoids who won't do anything until a positive connection is made.
Stew4HD (10-03-2014)