The BIG recall

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by mocfam10
Honda Corporate has not been a great partner through this recall. When my 2016 TLX had the rod bearing failure, I told my Acura (Vandergriff - Arlington) dealership that it should be a recall (August 2023). I found too many Acura owners who all experienced the same issue right around the same mileage point. So after paying out of pocket for the service, Acura issues the recall. No surprise there.

It took a few months before I could even submit a reimbursement request. Once I was finally able to submit a request, the only form of communication I received was an email with the case number. I would call weekly for an update, and for about 2 months, the only update was that it was still in review.

I received an email that my case was approved and that they would be mailing a check in 2-3 weeks. Interesting enough, I received that check 6 days PRIOR to the email communication. And the check amount was less than what I paid for the service. It took another 3 weeks to get my case worker back on the phone to open an inquiry on why the check was less than the service paid. She told me that they cannot provide the details and it was for internal use only. So, Honda was able to calculate the reimbursement amount, somehow, but can't tell me the details or provide the parts that were covered under the recall. I have the full invoice, so if they could just tell me which parts are covered, I can reconcile the difference myself.

I'm getting no where with Honda on this Acura recall at the moment. My case worker won't provide any details other than saying, "you get what you get" and that a supervisor will tell me the same thing. So I requested that a supervisor call me back and discuss my reimbursement, but she just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again....They can't provide the details for the reimbursement. In order to escalate above her, she has to open an escalation ticket. There has to be another number or department I can call to open an inquiry. After 17 years of ownership, this last car will be the end of the line for me with Acura. I loved the Brand for almost 2 decades with no issues until my 2016 TLX. So many issues and they refuse to make me whole. I just don't understand the rationale.
Therein lies my main beef with Acura. The cars generally have few problems, but when they do have problems, Acura/Honda corporate will try to weasel their way out taking care of the customer.
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Therein lies my main beef with Acura. The cars generally have few problems, but when they do have problems, Acura/Honda corporate will try to weasel their way out taking care of the customer.
This has been my experience and others I know, many who now refuse to return to Honda/Acura.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:55 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Got a appointment for the Recall

Originally Posted by stevenpsu
That is interesting. Can't understand how Acura didn't focus on that for at least the base model and Aspec. I have an 18 Aspec and was looking into the 24 aspec but worried about MPG's.
California ; just got a appointment took long enough for the parts to be received will see what they do
Old 07-10-2024, 07:34 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
I got a phone call yesterday from Weir Canyon Acura here in Yorba Linda /Anaheim CA. They asked me if I could bring the car to in today at 7:00 AM for the recall. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:35 PM
2015 TLX V6 Tech

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I put my 2015 TLX in the shop (John Eagle Acura) 7/9 for the recall. The service rep was very nice, they were not busy as everyone is recovering from Hurricane Beryl, only a cat 1 but lots of trees and limbs down, elec. outages. I asked the rep what percentage of cars they take in require the biggest job and he said 2 or 3 out of 15. More require only the bearings replaced.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:16 PM
2015 TLX V6 Tech

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I got my TLX back today, it was there 3 days. THey replaced the connecting rod bearings. They recommended an wheel alignment, change brake fluid, and transmission fluid. I have a lifetime alignment at Firestone, so no. My son and I can do the brake fluid. I had the transmission fluid change once so it should not be due yet. Total cost, zero.

One thing I'll mention, my son put in new spark plugs for me recently, and we put in NGK Laser Iridiums at $27 per spark plug. I think they make a difference. The engine seems more responsive. I would do it again. My son recommended I buy them at a local auto parts house instead of the internet. He said there are some knock off parts on the net.
Old 07-13-2024, 08:07 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Got my car back yesterday. They replaced the piston rod bearings. So far so good.