Add your own accessories to the TLX

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:53 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Add your own accessories to the TLX

After looking through the Acura TLX accessory book, you quickly realize that the prices in there are expensive. Is this your only option for purchasing accessories? No, they are not. If you do a little homework you can find both Acura and third party companies who manufacture these same accessories and more for the TLX. Below are a few.

All-Season Floor Mats – The MSRP is $164 but can be found on Ebay for $110 with free shipping. Genuine Acura Brand with TLX on the mat.

Carpet Trunk Mat – The MSRP is $99 but can be found on Ebay for $95 with free shipping. Genuine Acura Brand. Not a big saving on this.

Wheel Locks – The MSRP is $56 but can be found on Ebay for $40. Genuine Acura Brand. After market brands can be found for around $25.

Rear Deck Spoiler – The MSRP is $397 but can be found on Ebay for $229 painted to match your vehicle and ready to install (factory style) with lifetime warranty made out of ABS plastic. Unpainted factory style rear spoiler available for $135. If you want an OEM rear spoiler, you can find that too for about $300.

Spare Tire Kit – The MSRP is $369 but can be found on the Internet for $216 plus shipping. Genuine Acura kit.

Rear Bumper Applique – The MSRP is $59 and can also be purchased on Ebay for $51 with free shipping. Genuine OEM.

Here are a few other prices that might interest you.

TLX Under body Spoiler Kit – OEM and painted to match your vehicle $1,200.00

TLX Wood Steering Wheel – OEM for $369 plus $13 shipping.

TLX Remote Engine Start Kit for $249 plus $10 shipping. Genuine OEM.

TLX Illuminated inner door sill trim kits for $273 plus $10 shipping. Genuine OEM.

If you check Ebay, you will find a large assortment of wheel, car covers, air intake systems, floor mats, headlights, trailer hitches, colored brake caliper covers, pre cut window tint, OEM splash guards, brake parts, rear roof spoilers, license plate frames, replacement key FOBs, oil and air filters including K&N, various color lug nuts, seat covers, sun shades, and TLX Shirts and Hoodies, plus much much more.

Just go to Ebay and do a search for TLX and see what pops up. Things are deleted and added daily. Prices change daily too. Often you can bid on an item and get it cheaper, but you always risk the chance of being outbid.
The following 5 users liked this post by Crashmaster:
caligirl3 (04-26-2015), csmeance (04-13-2016), ggesq (04-04-2016), hadokenuh (04-04-2016), youngTL (04-04-2016)
Old 04-26-2015, 06:31 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I agree, that there are better prices. The main reason to have it installed with the dealer is because it's covered under the vehicle warranty. I'm not sure if some items would be worth the gamble, but others like the floor mats and wheel locks shouldn't be an issue. Some things like the bodywork, may not be in everyone's best interest, without having the necessary tools or expertise to install.
The following users liked this post:
Nascart (04-27-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 07:15 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
You can check prices from any of the vendors for this site too:

AcuraZine Community - Vendor Directory

I bought my oem touch-up paint from Acura of Peoria at a decent price.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Crashmaster
After looking through the Acura TLX accessory book, you quickly realize that the prices in there are expensive. Is this your only option for purchasing accessories? No, they are not. If you do a little homework you can find both Acura and third party companies who manufacture these same accessories and more for the TLX. Below are a few.

Spare Tire Kit – The MSRP is $369 but can be found on the Internet for $216 plus shipping. Genuine Acura kit.

TLX Illuminated inner door sill trim kits for $273 plus $10 shipping. Genuine OEM.

If you check Ebay, you will find a large assortment of wheel, car covers, air intake systems, floor mats, headlights, trailer hitches, colored brake caliper covers, pre cut window tint, OEM splash guards, brake parts, rear roof spoilers, license plate frames, replacement key FOBs, oil and air filters including K&N, various color lug nuts, seat covers, sun shades, and TLX Shirts and Hoodies, plus much much more.

Just go to Ebay and do a search for TLX and see what pops up. Things are deleted and added daily. Prices change daily too. Often you can bid on an item and get it cheaper, but you always risk the chance of being outbid.
As far as the spare tire kit, $216 is without a tire. A tire will run you another $75 - $150, so you may just want to order it with the car.

Also, the illuminated door sills require you to remove parts of the interior and connect to electrical for installation. In my case I negotiated dealer cost with installation included.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut

This. Not saying Ebay is a bad option at all but our vendors do offer competitive pricing most of the time.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut

As far as touch up paint, I usually have the dealer throw that in with the car as a "door prize". They easily give you touch paint or a key chain, etc to earn your business - you just have to ask.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
It might be worth calling your dealership to see if they match online pricing. My local Acura dealership will match online prices if you buy the parts from them. They do however add in the shipping cost that you would have paid if you purchased it online.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by rocket_pup
As far as the spare tire kit, $216 is without a tire. A tire will run you another $75 - $150, so you may just want to order it with the car.

Also, the illuminated door sills require you to remove parts of the interior and connect to electrical for installation. In my case I negotiated dealer cost with installation included.
You should note that the illuminated door sills don't quite fit correctly. My dealership was in a back and forth with Acura about a 5 mm gap on the driver's side and a 3 mm gap on the passenger's. The dealership tech ended up dremel-ing out the hole a little bit to get a better fit at the bottom of it where the clip goes in, and now it's perfect. The regional rep even looked at it. Other than that, it is a trivial install. I watched the tech remove and put them back in with the regional rep beside me.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
There are many items...remote start, rear deckled spoiler, etc. just to mention a few were the real world installation is either only possible by dealer (such as due to programming the BCM for remote start) or installing new trunk springs and cutting, mounting, etc with the spoiler, if you think the small labor charge for them is high, then you should not be buying one of these vehicles.

All season floor mats or trunk tray? Sure, put them in yourself, if it's all about saving $10-20. But almost all of the other items cannot be done as such, or require so much labor, it wouldn't make any logical sense plus you give up the warranty.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I agree with you 100%....Things like floor mats, trunk tray, touch up pens are fine but things like remote start, spoilers etc, I would rather have the dealer install
Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ I agree with you 100%....Things like floor mats, trunk tray, touch up pens are fine but things like remote start, spoilers etc, I would rather have the dealer install
You can buy the parts online and most honda dealers will install the parts for a nominal fee. Labor is much cheaper at honda then acura.