AcuraLink... The Next Generation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
AcuraLink... The Next Generation?

To those whom are in the know/already have the car, I'm curious as to how smartphone integration works with this. I really like what Honda has done with their HondaLink system in the current Civic, in that you can do smartphone mirroring, etc. I know the TLX doesn't have an HDMI IN like the Civic, but what types of features can be achieved and has anyone used the AcuraLink (Android/iPhone) app?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Samsung 5S and so-long TL, hello MDX.

Originally Posted by ShiftinAt8600
To those whom are in the know/already have the car, I'm curious as to how smartphone integration works with this. I really like what Honda has done with their HondaLink system in the current Civic, in that you can do smartphone mirroring, etc. I know the TLX doesn't have an HDMI IN like the Civic, but what types of features can be achieved and has anyone used the Acura-link (Android/iPhone) app?
I am leaving the TL link soon as I decided to go for the 2015 MDX SH-AWD-Advanced, not the TLX. The Acura-link integrated with my Samsung 5S phone and does SMS and email messaging, tested all of that plus Pandora Radio and AHA and it all integrated perfectly with my MDX.. You get traffic updates through Acura-link now. NOTE!!!!! AHA has a weather APP and the AHA weather app integrated perfectly with my MDX display. Shows more STUFF them my 2010 TL with XM weather.. Some may ask, why did you decide on the MDX? I had 3 cars, 2009 TSX, 2010 TL, and 2004 Honda Pilot... Decided to give my daughter the Pilot as a wedding gift, wife LOVES her TSX, just the right size, but my part time business required a SUV for hauling large boxes.. So in the end we traded in the TL, SH-AWD Tech for the top of the line MDX... The big brother to the TLX.. I have 235 miles on the MDX, have taken it on a ride up to the mountains east of San Diego and from my TL experience put the IDS in Sport, Shift Lever in Sport and pushed it very hard into and out of sharp turns.. It is JUST AMAZING how well it Handel and pushes the edge of Acura Engineering.. The TLX and MDX as it has been for so many years be great cars for the dealers.. All I need is a trailer hitch for my mountain bikes and will be ready to go..
Old 09-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
I am leaving the TL link soon as I decided to go for the 2015 MDX SH-AWD-Advanced, not the TLX. The Acura-link integrated with my Samsung 5S phone and does SMS and email messaging, tested all of that plus Pandora Radio and AHA and it all integrated perfectly with my MDX.. You get traffic updates through Acura-link now. NOTE!!!!! AHA has a weather APP and the AHA weather app integrated perfectly with my MDX display. Shows more STUFF them my 2010 TL with XM weather.. Some may ask, why did you decide on the MDX? I had 3 cars, 2009 TSX, 2010 TL, and 2004 Honda Pilot... Decided to give my daughter the Pilot as a wedding gift, wife LOVES her TSX, just the right size, but my part time business required a SUV for hauling large boxes.. So in the end we traded in the TL, SH-AWD Tech for the top of the line MDX... The big brother to the TLX.. I have 235 miles on the MDX, have taken it on a ride up to the mountains east of San Diego and from my TL experience put the IDS in Sport, Shift Lever in Sport and pushed it very hard into and out of sharp turns.. It is JUST AMAZING how well it Handel and pushes the edge of Acura Engineering.. The TLX and MDX as it has been for so many years be great cars for the dealers.. All I need is a trailer hitch for my mountain bikes and will be ready to go..
Congrats! Sounds like you have the right vehicle for your needs and is fun to drive!