Pirelli or Bridgestone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirelli or Bridgestone?

Hey all,

Looking for new tire options, and I've narrowed it down to the P7s or Turanza serenity plus. 2013 TL base with tech, 245/50/17. I drive mostly highway miles in Arizona (currently 55k on the oem tires), but the car will occasionally sit for a few weeks at a time due to my job. I'm not looking for performance tires, just good all seasons that have good wet and dry traction and will be comfortable for highway driving.

I've heard of flat spot issues with the pirelli, but the reviews are significantly better than the Bridgestones. I've tried searching, but can't find comparable reviews for my needs. What are your experiences with the tires?

Thanks!

​​​​
Old 10-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I personally would go with Pirelli P7s from the list. Make sure it's the "plus" version.

I was pretty dead set on the P7s a couple of months ago but after further research, I think I probably will be happier with the PZero AS Plus (a new tire that even beats Pilot AS3 Plus and DW06 on most areas from Tirerack tests). This is me coming from the OEM Pilot HXM4 and Primacy MXM4 after a total of ~ 70K miles.