Need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017 | 11:57 PM
3rd Gear

Need help please!

Hello everyone.. I have owned my TL for almost 2 years now and now i finally have a membership here as well as wanting to start bringing out the potential.

I have a 2012 TL SH-AWD Manual in CBP. I have been looking for rims for a long time that I gave up, and now I'm about close and need some help with sizes and conditions. I drive pretty aggressive at times (its very hard not to) and some say that I should get 19's instead of the 20's. I personally like the 20's but I don't want to risk doing more things to make it fit right.

As for the wheels, I think I finally have found them! Gonna go with the Work CR 2P in bronze with bronze glossy anodized step lip. I wanna say 19X10 or 10.5 with a 35 offset. My question is, will this offset or width fit flush? Will i have to roll anything? Is the fronts ok? Any ideas for tires? I want to look aggressive but still pretty safe to do what I normally do. I am on a 2 inch drop with Tein Coils.

Please I know Im Noob AF, but any help would be greatly appreciated.. Maybe some pics too? I have had some help with a couple TL owners but my ass cant make up my freaking mind. Just want this over already LOL!

Thanks
Old 04-30-2017 | 12:18 PM
Racer

You're wanting 10 or 10.5 wide wheels and sitting on a 2 inch drop, you'll most likely have to roll your fenders. Also your tire size will play a factor too.
Here's how close I am to rubbing. I'm running 20x10 with a 40 offset. Tires I'm running is 245/35/20 so there's a slight stretch.
The following users liked this post:
carbonTSEX (05-03-2017)
Old 04-30-2017 | 09:18 PM
The Original Shawdy

Originally Posted by Blazian253_4G
Hello everyone.. I have owned my TL for almost 2 years now and now i finally have a membership here as well as wanting to start bringing out the potential.

I have a 2012 TL SH-AWD Manual in CBP. I have been looking for rims for a long time that I gave up, and now I'm about close and need some help with sizes and conditions. I drive pretty aggressive at times (its very hard not to) and some say that I should get 19's instead of the 20's. I personally like the 20's but I don't want to risk doing more things to make it fit right.

As for the wheels, I think I finally have found them! Gonna go with the Work CR 2P in bronze with bronze glossy anodized step lip. I wanna say 19X10 or 10.5 with a 35 offset. My question is, will this offset or width fit flush? Will i have to roll anything? Is the fronts ok? Any ideas for tires? I want to look aggressive but still pretty safe to do what I normally do. I am on a 2 inch drop with Tein Coils.

Please I know Im Noob AF, but any help would be greatly appreciated.. Maybe some pics too? I have had some help with a couple TL owners but my ass cant make up my freaking mind. Just want this over already LOL!

Thanks
Nice to see you on Acurazine. As mentioned there is a lot of factors. Rolling fenders is painless if done right. If you want to see other member's fitment check out the wheel and tire picture thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-t...d-pics-898010/
Old 05-03-2017 | 12:06 PM
Instructor

All depends if you're looking to get a stretch outta the tires as well. I ran a 245/40 on a 19x10.5 +35 (Squared) last year and had no issues (Except the one time I buckled my fender taking a steep incline loool). I wish I went with a 245/35 instead. With that, you shouldn't have any clearance issues with just a fender roll.

The following users liked this post:
carbonTSEX (05-03-2017)