BMW rims and Acura tpms sensors

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 03:22 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BMW rims and Acura tpms sensors

Hi y'all old to the forum but new to posting so bare with me. I tried looking up and down the forum but haventhahad Any luck with an answer.
I snatched a set of 4 bmw wheels for my 09 tl. They were dirt cheap and in amazing condition 17x8j. I really had trouble finding rims for the car. So far I have the rims and i will start looking for summer tires but I also wanted to buy a new set of sensors. My question is if acura oem sensors would fit the rims. I kinda hope that there is some kind of standard when it comes to that. Secondly would the new sensors be received by the cars computer or do i have to go to the dealer for that? Is there any way an obd reader can help? If it's to complicated to figure it out I'll have to drive without them.

Thanks

Ps does anyone know where to get them cheap i canada?
Old 02-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by Dusan Zec
Hi y'all old to the forum but new to posting so bare with me. I tried looking up and down the forum but haventhahad Any luck with an answer.
I snatched a set of 4 bmw wheels for my 09 tl. They were dirt cheap and in amazing condition 17x8j. I really had trouble finding rims for the car. So far I have the rims and i will start looking for summer tires but I also wanted to buy a new set of sensors. My question is if acura oem sensors would fit the rims. I kinda hope that there is some kind of standard when it comes to that. Secondly would the new sensors be received by the cars computer or do i have to go to the dealer for that? Is there any way an obd reader can help? If it's to complicated to figure it out I'll have to drive without them.

Thanks

Ps does anyone know where to get them cheap i canada?
The Sensors should fit with no issues. Have seen more than one TL with BMW Rims.
Once installed, the Sensors will be activated after a few minutes of driving. No need to purchase from the Dealer, check E Bay, that is where I picked up my extra set,
Old 02-24-2018, 08:42 PM
9th Gear

Thabk you for confirming all the stuff. Would you be able to tell me which tpms sensors you bought? When I'm searching on ebay there are a lot of brands and different types. Itm, schrader... And then some of them are rubberized some aluminium I am kinda lost. Some also say programmable. Will they learn by itself while driving like you said or do those need to be set up with a obd computer? And the ones that are rubberizer do i need to buy washers and bolts to make them fit or does the rubber do the job?

Thanks again
Old 02-24-2018, 09:30 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Thabk you for confirming all the stuff. Would you be able to tell me which tpms sensors you bought? When I'm searching on ebay there are a lot of brands and different types. Itm, schrader... And then some of them are rubberized some aluminium I am kinda lost. Some also say programmable. Will they learn by itself while driving like you said or do those need to be set up with a obd computer? And the ones that are rubberizer do i need to buy washers and bolts to make them fit or does the rubber do the job?

Thanks again
I believe I purchased TRW , been a while. I did purchase the washer & bolt kit from Maple Acura, they are a couple of bucks each.
As far as I know, none of the aftermarket Sensors need to be re programmed.
Part # 42753-TK4-A1010-M1.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 PM
9th Gear

Sorry for reviving the thread but my tl can't learn the new tpms sensors. 42753-TK4-A1010-M1 this is what I bought from the states 4 came with all the washers and screws. I mounted them and they didn't work. Finally after a while I got some time off to deal with it and I went to acura sterne in Aurora and told them what I did and what I bought. The sensors are sending a signal and they are working but the message it's sending is that the id's are false? Wtf? They were pretty nice and didn't charge me for anything but said if I wanted it figured out I needed to pay for hours. Now I don't know if they're pulling my leg but one honda dealership wanted to charge me diagnostics and relearning. Almost 2.5 hours in labor they said. So now I have sensors and they're not working. I was thinking of ordering hds from aliexpress and working on it myself. I'm not pissing money for the dealer.
​​​​​​
Old 06-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Sorry for reviving the thread but my tl can't learn the new tpms sensors. 42753-TK4-A1010-M1 this is what I bought from the states 4 came with all the washers and screws. I mounted them and they didn't work. Finally after a while I got some time off to deal with it and I went to acura sterne in Aurora and told them what I did and what I bought. The sensors are sending a signal and they are working but the message it's sending is that the id's are false? Wtf? They were pretty nice and didn't charge me for anything but said if I wanted it figured out I needed to pay for hours. Now I don't know if they're pulling my leg but one honda dealership wanted to charge me diagnostics and relearning. Almost 2.5 hours in labor they said. So now I have sensors and they're not working. I was thinking of ordering hds from aliexpress and working on it myself. I'm not pissing money for the dealer.
​​​​​​
If you drive over 15mph for 40seconds the car should learn the new ID's of the sensors automatically. HDS can be used to memorize them however you need the car to be at least 10-12 feet away from other cars with TPMS.