Door, TPS, Leather, and Headrest Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door, TPS, Leather, and Headrest Issues

'09 TL SHAWD...I first noticed the driver side doors do not line up. I was told the factory rep needed to look at the doors. This problem is throughout most TL models, has been mentioned many times in this forum, is existent on other TL’s at the dealership and I even noticed some of the photographed cars in the ’09 brochure have doors that do not line up. The car was returned to me with no difference to the doors and no explanation of the misalignment. I decided not to push the issue due to the commonality of the problem, the possible trip to the body shop for tweaks frightened me, and I have yet to learn of any leakages in regards to this.
Next I noticed the Milano Leather on the driver’s seat appeared to have what looked like someone took a sharp key and tried cut it, but couldn’t quite get through. This is the lower center pad in the seat. I was horrified. An 8” gash in my new car seat! What could I have possibly done? Then 2 more lines showed up. I knew I wasn’t doing this. That’s when I found this website and learned other owners had the portion of the seat replaced by Acura due to the same “folds”. So I checked with the dealer and YES! They replaced the defective leather and it looks like nothing happened.
Another little problem has developed. The Check Tire Pressure indicator has come on, stating the driver side front tire has a pressure problem, however the tire is fine and the reading on the indicator is 32 psi just as the other tires. That and the rear headrests release buttons fly out with the spring if the rest is not lowered. They filled the tires to 37 lbs to get the indicator off and replaced the headrests.
All in all, there have been some issues as you can see. I never expected these kinds of problems from a $40k car, but they are not affecting the cars performance or reliability…which is what I bought an Acura for. I still feel I have more car for the money spent compared to what is out there. And I always receive a loaner car for warranty services.

Thank you all for your time put toward informing other owners like yourselves. We and the car companies all benefit from it.

Last edited by Aqura; 01-13-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I noticed the door misalignment too when I bought mine back in September and I thought it was a dealer accident that they tried to cover up. Then I found a thread here where someone posted a picture and it looked exactly like my misalignment so I never bothered to visit the dealer. I had the same concerns as you, body shop, taking the door apart, possibility of paint scratches, blah, blah, blah.

I also took closer looks at TLs in parking lots and they too have the same driver's side door misalignments. That's when I really said, "That's the way they are."

Fortunately I did not have the other issues that you mentioned.

For the leather, I wonder if they transported the (large) pre-cut leather folded and thus creating a line and they didn't cut the patterns around it.