Check SH-AWD, ABS, VSC lights went on

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check SH-AWD, ABS, VSC lights went on

Okay, I turned on my car today and all 3 lights came on for check SH-AWD, ABS, VSC. Last night in NYC there was a pretty bad storm and went through one or two puddle. I'm thinking it's because of that. Anyone know how I can fix this or if anyone else had similar problems?

1st start up: Check SH-AWD, ABS, and VSC lights went on. Car wouldn't shut off for 15 minutes. Placed into park, press the stop button, stop button kept flashing on and off. Eventually, I kept trying and it just turned off.
2nd start up: Few minutes later, started up again to see if that's the case. Only the ABS and VSC turned on.

Any ideas?

Car is 09 TL SH-AWD
Old 08-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Advanced

I turned on, drove it around and turned it off again 2 more times. The lights just went away. Tried turning it on and off a few more times and the lights never showed. Anyone know what just happened? I'm still going to take it to the dealership to make sure everything is alright
Old 08-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, unless it happens again. If the dealership can not reproduce it, there is pretty much nothing they can/will do.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
all three of those lights have to do with wheels and brakes.
there are sensors on each corner.

maybe the storm you went through upset a few of those sensors.
you can check to see if any sensors are damaged or unclipped but it sounds like the problem fixed itself.

If you can still brake, then I wouldnt worry about it unless it happens a second time.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CerberusKy
I wouldn't worry about it, unless it happens again. If the dealership can not reproduce it, there is pretty much nothing they can/will do.
went to the dealership did a diagnostic, and concluded that there were no issues. i brought it back home and few days later, same thing happens. all three lights. i wanted to verify that it wasn't BS so i found a secluded area and gassed it. There were so much tire squeal and wheel spin that i concluded the lights are real. not sure what steps to take next. what can i check myself?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by justnspace
all three of those lights have to do with wheels and brakes.
there are sensors on each corner.

maybe the storm you went through upset a few of those sensors.
you can check to see if any sensors are damaged or unclipped but it sounds like the problem fixed itself.

If you can still brake, then I wouldnt worry about it unless it happens a second time.
i can brake fine, but i feel my car slipping and losing traction mostly due to the lack of VSA. are there any instructions to check all these sensors myself? i have to bring it into a dealership on monday and is such a hassle for me and work
Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yantastic
i can brake fine, but i feel my car slipping and losing traction mostly due to the lack of VSA. are there any instructions to check all these sensors myself? i have to bring it into a dealership on monday and is such a hassle for me and work
A TSB does exist for faulty brake light switches. (1 possibility)
Basically, all three will light up if it detects a problem in the brake circuitry. I call it the Trifecta warning.

Also, did you see my post about using aftermarket lights? Even if they are stock, could also try unplugging one of the brake lights to see if you can duplicate the problem. Do you notice if the problem occurs only when the parking or auto lights are on? Use a stick to hold down the brake pedal and go check to make sure they are both working, and at the same brightness.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...1#post14001212
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 06 TSX and it turns out it was the battery (Optima Yellow Top). Do you know if their diagnostics included the battery?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSXnOPKS
A TSB does exist for faulty brake light switches. (1 possibility)
Basically, all three will light up if it detects a problem in the brake circuitry. I call it the Trifecta warning.

Also, did you see my post about using aftermarket lights? Even if they are stock, could also try unplugging one of the brake lights to see if you can duplicate the problem. Do you notice if the problem occurs only when the parking or auto lights are on? Use a stick to hold down the brake pedal and go check to make sure they are both working, and at the same brightness.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...1#post14001212
hmm, that's an interesting theory, i'll try that out this weekend if i have time.

Originally Posted by hughmacher
I had a similar issue with my 06 TSX and it turns out it was the battery (Optima Yellow Top). Do you know if their diagnostics included the battery?
It appears that the diagnostics of the battery was fine. I'm not sure how to read it...
Check SH-AWD, ABS, VSC lights went on-gnzqs.jpg
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yantastic
hmm, that's an interesting theory, i'll try that out this weekend if i have time.

It appears that the diagnostics of the battery was fine. I'm not sure how to read it...
yantasic:
Looks like the battery is ok. That would have been a nice simple fix. I hope you get it sorted out.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Advanced

just reporting back i got the issue resolved. its been 2 days and approximately 50 miles and the lights haven't come up. the acura of brooklyn has replaced my left rear speed sensor!