Acura customer service problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 05:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura customer service problems.

So I created a thread a few months ago on a issue I had with my 2013 TL 6MT.

I have been back to the dealer with the check hill start assist issue on my car for the past year.

I have been to two different dealers a total of 15 times. I have practically driven ever Acura rental possible over the past year.

There have been 3 different case managers assigned to this case and I have talked with multiple people at Acura. The one dealer had my car a total of 2 weeks at one point.

This is all due to the check hill start assist light on my car.

The car has been through 3 drive shafts so far. 3 Clutch pressure sensors, ECU, PCM, Wiring loom from PCM back. Im sure there are others missing within that but I am not sure what to do at this point. Acura is telling me that the car is not fixable. I hate complaining its really not in my nature but has anyone ever had an issue like this and what has been the outcome?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
So if they're saying it's not fixable, what are they suggesting the outcome be?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:13 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Flipster23
So if they're saying it's not fixable, what are they suggesting the outcome be?
They have zero fix for the car and that is coming from their platform engineering team. I was told to try to pursue other options. I talked to the case manager for roughly 20 minutes about this. I am not sure what to do at this point its sooooo frustrating. I guess I can try to lemon the car I think that is my only option right now?
Old 09-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Is the system malfunctioning or is it simply the light coming on? I hate hill start assist on manuals anyway. Is there some way to disable it which would also get rid of the light?

And was all that stuff replaced due to this issue or because it was defective?
Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 AM
10th Gear

I wish I could disable it I would just have them do it to be honest. But in the software they said they cannot.

But yes HSA s turned off as well as ABS when the light comes on.

Everything was replaced due to HSA. Pretty much anything associated with HSA was replaced. ECU,PCM,Wiring loom, Yaw sensor etc.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Damn. Well, the next thing to do it tear apart the dash and take the lights out Again, assuming there's no drivability issues. What happens when you start from a hill? Any difference that you can notice?