2010 TL rear window spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2010 TL rear window spoiler

Ordered the rear window spoiler from eBay and it arrived quicker than I expected , the correct color, .......

......but it is 1/2" too short. Checked my order and I had the right car when I ordered it.

Hopefully they will do something for me without having to spend $30+ to send it back.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Pictures of fitment....
Old 07-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Pictures of fitment....
Here is a pic. Heard back from the vendor that they will give me $20 off the cost of this one to keep it. Or, I could send it back and run the risk and get my money back, or if I want another one, exchange it and hope the right one gets sent.

Trying to decide if I want to keep it or not

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Pictures of fitment....
I apologize as I am new and can't seem to get the pic to show up. Here is a link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8208733...in/photostream

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-09-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by bugfam4
I apologize as I am new and can't seem to get the pic to show up. Here is a link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8208733...in/photostream
I'll help you out with the photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82087338@N02/7520233138/
The following users liked this post:
bugfam4 (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by bugfam4
Here is a pic. Heard back from the vendor that they will give me $20 off the cost of this one to keep it. Or, I could send it back and run the risk and get my money back, or if I want another one, exchange it and hope the right one gets sent.

Trying to decide if I want to keep it or not

I don't think you should keep it as-is, even if he took off more then $20. That is a pretty significant gap even if you spaced the gap evenly on both sides of the rear window. Hopefully the seller will follow through with helping you resolve the situation.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by si1point6
I don't think you should keep it as-is, even if he took off more then $20. That is a pretty significant gap even if you spaced the gap evenly on both sides of the rear window. Hopefully the seller will follow through with helping you resolve the situation.
I decided to keep it and spaced the gap and took the $20 credit.

The problem with sending it back is that I would have had to send it back at my expense ($30-$40) and they would have exchanged it, but there is no guarentee that what they would have sent would have been correct the second time (comes from Taiwan).

My guess is it is for a dif year TL (3G maybe, color is a match, possibly a TSX?) and if it bugs me too much, I will just take it off and maybe somebody on the Zine can use it, but for now it is installed.

I would pay more for one from somebody who sells them in the US next time.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm wondering if your box sat in the heat somewhere when in transit.

My spoiler just fell off this past Friday due to extreme heat (I live in Las Vegas). I took the spoiler off the car, removed all the existing tape and left it in the garage with the intention of prepping it to reapply this weekend.

I reapplied 3M automotive tape, went to put in on tonight, and the thing shrunk about 1/2 inch after sitting in my garage for two days! My spoiler was flush on both sides after the original install and I now have a 1/4 inch gap on each side, and a nice ripple effect on the top of the spoiler itself.

I wouldn't have guessed the heat would have contracted it that much (if at all).
Old 07-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by easheer

My spoiler just fell off this past Friday due to extreme heat (I live in Las Vegas). I took the spoiler off the car, removed all the existing tape and left it in the garage with the intention of prepping it to reapply this weekend.

I reapplied 3M automotive tape, went to put in on tonight, and the thing shrunk about 1/2 inch after sitting in my garage for two days! My spoiler was flush on both sides after the original install and I now have a 1/4 inch gap on each side, and a nice ripple effect on the top of the spoiler itself.

I wouldn't have guessed the heat would have contracted it that much (if at all).
Interesting thought, although I am not sure that would be the case with mine as when it came out of the box, it was very tightly wrapped in foam protecting it.

My guess is the one they sent to me is for a different model Acura.

I did joke with my son to go online and see if he could find a "spoiler stretcher"

He thought about it for a second then decided I wasn't serious.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,144 Likes on 817 Posts
Originally Posted by easheer

Then you may have a problem. If you have it glued up and sitting under the sun in the current heat wave, it will start curling up like a cooked lobster.

The OP very likely received the wrong spoiler that was designed for a different car.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Advanced

Question

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Then you may have a problem. If you have it glued up and sitting under the sun in the current heat wave, it will start curling up like a cooked lobster.

The OP very likely received the wrong spoiler that was designed for a different car.
That is my guess as well, spoiler is for another model Acura.

It would be interesting to know the width of the top of the back window on a 3G TL to know if that is the right car or not?