2010 TL issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 05:09 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 TL issue

I'm posting this to see if others have had similar issues or at least if the dealer diagnosis makes sense.

I bought this car new.
All the work on my car has been at my dealer.

September 25, 2023 I dropped off my car. I smelled fuel after I got out from driving.
At first it would dissipate quickly. I wasn't able to find the source.
It got worse and my fuel gauge started to show a loss. I took it in.
The dealer diagnosed the issue as a bad fuel pump, but also the gas tank was cracked where the pump was attached.
They told me that repairing a fuel tank was not something they recommended since they didn't have a good experience doing so.
They found a used tank that they ok'd and swapped out the tank and put in a new fuel pump.
The dealer had the car for a few days to test drive it and check the fuel gauge readings.

After I got the car back, I drove it until the gauge was around a quarter of a tank. When I filled it, it took over 16 1/2 gallons. The tank is 18 1/2 gallons.
That seemed off so I called the dealer and spoke to the customer service rep that I had. He said they drove it ran the tank down a little and filled it. They never ran it down to check low level.
I generally don't let it get lower than 1/4 tank before filling.

Last week, my gauge was slightly lower than 1/4 tank. The needle was not near the red line and no low gas warning came up on my dash. I ran out of gas.
I contacted the dealer and brought it in yesterday.
Today they are telling me the secondary fuel pump (passenger side) must be the issue.

I'm not ready to dump more into this issue.

Does anyone have knowledge about this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited by albatross; 02-13-2024 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The forum where you originally posted, the AcuraZine User Help, Support & Suggestions Area , is meant for problems, comments, and suggestions for the website itself. so I moved your thread to the car specific forum applicable to your vehicle.

This was explained in the sticky thread at the top of that forum, or click here if you can't find it, which will explain why you shouldn't have posted your thread there.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:03 AM
4th Gear

Ron,

Sorry and thank you.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:53 PM
4th Gear

Thumbs up Follow up

I picked up my car today.
The dealer gave me a loaner to use while they had the car.
The dealer did change out the secondary fuel pump.
It was tested with a near empty tank and operated as it should, I am told.
For the hassle, the dealer did not charge me for this work.
A bad experience was corrected.

The following users liked this post:
Pair of TLs (02-27-2024)