Allow me to introduce myself...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Those will fit nice and sunk in; way too skinny for my tste.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by zapco
that's why they're going on MY car and NOT YOURS, right? I thought they fit nicely when FYAH had them and I think they will fit nicely when we put them on ours...and if I, ME, MYSELF or MY WIFE feel it isn't how we want them to sit...then WE will deal with it then...so, MY taste.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by zapco
Skinny? I think 9" wide is good enough for the TL. They will be flush with the fenders as seen on FYAH and Aspec.
How wide are the wheels you're running?
Originally Posted by losimus
that's why they're going on MY car and NOT YOURS, right? I thought they fit nicely when FYAH had them and I think they will fit nicely when we put them on ours...and if I, ME, MYSELF or MY WIFE feel it isn't how we want them to sit...then WE will deal with it then...so, MY taste.
The nice thing is since they're multi pieces you can change the lip/barrel to change their size. Althrough rebarreling cost as much as buying a new set of wheels.
I'll be calling Logan over at Work tomorrow so I'll see if he remember any specs on your VS-XX.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kenstlshawd
Skinny? I think 9" wide is good enough for the TL. They will be flush with the fenders as seen on FYAH and Aspec.
How wide are the wheels you're running?

The nice thing is since they're multi pieces you can change the lip/barrel to change their size. Althrough rebarreling cost as much as buying a new set of wheels.
I'll be calling Logan over at Work tomorrow so I'll see if he remember any specs on your VS-XX.
I did some measuring today...looks to be 9.5 in. rims, the front lips/outer barrel is 3.5 and the rear barrel is 6.5, center is .5 in...I measured from lip to lip and it's 10.5, subtract your .5 in. per bead-lip and you get 9.5.

anyway...I also stripped/sanded the ANODIZED clear on one of them today and polished it ...MIRROR finish, it'll do until we get them copper dipped and the lips re-anodized.

until then, after every wash...*polish-polish-polish*
Old 09-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Instructor

I did some measuring today...looks to be 9.5 in. rims, the front lips/outer barrel is 3.5 and the rear barrel is 6.5, center is .5 in...I measured from lip to lip and it's 10.5, subtract your .5 in. per bead-lip and you get 9.5.

anyway...I also stripped/sanded the ANODIZED clear on one of them today and polished it ...MIRROR finish, it'll do until we get them copper dipped and the lips re-anodized.

I replied to your other thread about polishing the VS-XX.
Also been there done that with polishing wheels. Had a set of SSR Professor that was fully polished (face and barrel). I still remember sitting in the dark polishing them for 2 hours the night before Nisei Showoff. I'm never going to own anything that have to be polish again.
Talking about refinishing your Work. Did you check out Work site?
Very nice finish but so much money.
http://www.workwheelsonline.com/wxx209012090105.html
A cheaper set.
http://www.workwheelsonline.com/work...181055120.html
Old 09-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor

I replied to your other thread about polishing the VS-XX.
Also been there done that with polishing wheels. Had a set of SSR Professor that was fully polished (face and barrel). I still remember sitting in the dark polishing them for 2 hours the night before Nisei Showoff. I'm never going to own anything that have to be polish again.
Talking about refinishing your Work. Did you check out Work site?
Very nice finish but so much money.
http://www.workwheelsonline.com/wxx209012090105.html
A cheaper set.
http://www.workwheelsonline.com/work...181055120.html
That's why I told the wife I was only going to do ONE! lol...talk about "labor of love"!

and you know what's funny??? I'm sure ash1221 will chime in here...those first set of Works were the ones we WANTED, but We just couldn't bring ourselves to drop $5500 on JUST rims, then another $1000+ on tires...and THEN another $1000 on coil overs. We like our savings account too much to do that!
The following users liked this post:
ash1221 (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Kenstlshawd, the links you provided are different size wheels hence the price difference. But basically the same model. Also, you can go to a dealer and get them for quite cheaper than that. Those are MSRP prices.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TeamAcura
Kenstlshawd, the links you provided are different size wheels hence the price difference. But basically the same model. Also, you can go to a dealer and get them for quite cheaper than that. Those are MSRP prices.
I know, I just wanted to show losimus the finish on the bronze set and the fact that Work have those sets in stock.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
True. I just couldnt put a set of used wheels that need that much work and have been on 2 other cars.

I can tell you are very proud of your new car; that's why I thought you would have gone with a brand new set.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

you are correct the front are 9.5 i redid front wheels...thats why i have 4 extra 9 front barrels...glw rest of your progress
losimus (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aspecallday
you are correct the front are 9.5 i redid front wheels...thats why i have 4 extra 9 front barrels...glw rest of your progress
I thought so, when I had re-checked your FS thread, it said 20x9's...so, I was a lil' confused. Seriously though...THANKS Ray.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
NP man im glad the shipping finally worked.when i saw the wheels in the pic you posted a small tear came out.lol......i will be coming back to see how the wheels look on you car

BTW you should think twice about painting the wheels gold .im sure they will look real good with you car but burning silver is a bit rare and looks real good with any color.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aspecallday
NP man im glad the shipping finally worked.when i saw the wheels in the pic you posted a small tear came out.lol......i will be coming back to see how the wheels look on you car

BTW you should think twice about painting the wheels gold .im sure they will look real good with you car but burning silver is a bit rare and looks real good with any color.
LOL...funny thing is, after all the shipping got worked out...a storm here in Cali washed out the railroads...so they were delayed for TWO more days! My luck I guess.

As for the gold...we're set on getting them COPPER plated/dipped, with the polished lip. BUT, that's not going to be for a little bit. Gonna get the coils and rock the burning black for a minute, especially since I wrapped the front and back silver pieces in brushed gunmetal...I agree, that burning black will look real good!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice
losimus (09-13-2013)
Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Instructor

okay...been BUSY the past month. BUT...finally pulled the trigger on the rims this past Friday. They'll be done in another 1.5 weeks.

just ordered the TPMS sensors today, and later tonight...the Tein SS'...pics as soon as all are here!
Attached Thumbnails Allow me to introduce myself...-wheelflip-receipt1.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts
Those were Cass's first set of wheels? I never knew they were all 9.5's I thought he started running staggered from the get like the rest of us... He's damn sure Staggered now LoL... The last set of rears whoa... I agree they look good from the side but it's that ass view you can't get with less than 10.5's... but had you never told anyone we'd of never known... =-)
Old 10-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by User Error
Those were Cass's first set of wheels? I never knew they were all 9.5's I thought he started running staggered from the get like the rest of us... He's damn sure Staggered now LoL... The last set of rears whoa... I agree they look good from the side but it's that ass view you can't get with less than 10.5's... but had you never told anyone we'd of never known... =-)
Yeah, but they were 9's all around when he had them, sold them to Ray (aspecallday) and he swapped out the lips to make them 9.5's...then he sold them to me. I kind of liked the fact that they have been previous board member's rims..."keeps it in the family" type of thing. We're just going to bling 'em up so we can change it up a little.

yeah, I liked that look on the wife's M45 when we had the 20x10's, just didn't want the hassle of rear lip work to get 10+ under there.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Racer

Yeah, but they were 9's all around when he had them, sold them to Ray (aspecallday) and he swapped out the lips to make them 9.5's...then he sold them to me. I kind of liked the fact that they have been previous board member's rims..."keeps it in the family" type of thing. We're just going to bling 'em up so we can change it up a little.

yeah, I liked that look on the wife's M45 when we had the 20x10's, just didn't want the hassle of rear lip work to get 10+ under there.
Who did rear fender work? 20x10.5's +42 in the rear on 285/25's no roll no rub...
Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by User Error
Who did rear fender work? 20x10.5's +42 in the rear on 285/25's no roll no rub...
FYAH had his rear fenders PULLED...I figured he had to to make the 10.5's fit (or was it for 11's?). Plus...25 series tire...Not in my neck of the woods of So.Cal., that's begging For a bent lip. Maybe the next set of rims will be wider...but until then, we'll be rockin' single digits
Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Racer

FYAH had his rear fenders PULLED...I figured he had to to make the 10.5's fit (or was it for 11's?). Plus...25 series tire...Not in my neck of the woods of So.Cal., that's begging For a bent lip. Maybe the next set of rims will be wider...but until then, we'll be rockin' single digits
Yeah Cass is pulled on his third set of wheels... but that was for the stance he did when he bagged... and yea they are wider than 10.5's and his offset numbers in the rear are insane...
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Instructor

there it is...just put the order in on our Tein Super Streets...VR-Speed.com had the best deal. should be here at the same time of our rims...then, I'll be busy FINALLY hookin' up the TL.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Instructor

BUSY week! Vegas for a day then friends, wife and I flew to Denver for the Broncos game, got the TPMS in the mail...and got off work today to a wonderful sight (thought I'd throw the sensors in for effect)

Rims should be on schedule fore Friday...then more pics...install shortly after...then MORE pics. haha
Attached Thumbnails Allow me to introduce myself...-teins-tpms.jpeg  

Last edited by losimus; 10-30-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 10-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Looking forward to pics...

More importantly, that's awesome you went to the Denver game last weekend! I've been to every Broncos game in FL for the past 13 years but never been to a home game. I think it would be kinda weird cheering on my team while everyone else is cheering too, haha. I kinda like being the obnoxious 'away' fan.

BTW, if you're interested in some Broncos WP's for your car click here. Those are a bit older and I have some new ones so shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll either email them over or put them in the WP thread.

Last edited by ucf_bronco; 10-31-2013 at 01:50 PM.
losimus (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
Looking forward to pics...

More importantly, that's awesome you went to the Denver game last weekend! I've been to every Broncos game in FL for the past 13 years but never been to a home game. I think it would be kinda weird cheering on my team while everyone else is cheering too, haha. I kinda like being the obnoxious 'away' fan.

BTW, if you're interested in some Broncos WP's for your car click here. Those are a bit older and I have some new ones so shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll either email them over or put them in the WP thread.
Wow...that's pretty impressive about you and the Broncos these past 13 yrs.! I WISH I could do that with San Diego...but that's a 3 hr (4 with game-day traffic) and not to mention TRYING to get tix for that game (USUALLY a MNF game).

I'll tell you right now, that if you're a Broncos fan...you HAVE to see them at "Mile High" (well, the NEW Mile High) AT LEAST ONCE in your lifetime! SOOOOOO much ORANGE, and it's so loud there...we actually had a little hook-up there and got a last minute tour of the stadium and got to go onto the field level and into the visitor's locker room. Oh, and you can be a CHEAP date there, the elevation + beer/liquor ='s DRUNK on a 6 pack!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Wow...that's pretty impressive about you and the Broncos these past 13 yrs.! I WISH I could do that with San Diego...but that's a 3 hr (4 with game-day traffic) and not to mention TRYING to get tix for that game (USUALLY a MNF game).

I'll tell you right now, that if you're a Broncos fan...you HAVE to see them at "Mile High" (well, the NEW Mile High) AT LEAST ONCE in your lifetime! SOOOOOO much ORANGE, and it's so loud there...we actually had a little hook-up there and got a last minute tour of the stadium and got to go onto the field level and into the visitor's locker room. Oh, and you can be a CHEAP date there, the elevation + beer/liquor ='s DRUNK on a 6 pack!
Haha, that sounds awesome...I will definitely make it out there one day.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey Losimus, did you ordered the washers and nuts for the TPMS too? I think you bought it from the same eBay seller as me for like $17-18 a piece.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jackieee_TL
Hey Losimus, did you ordered the washers and nuts for the TPMS too? I think you bought it from the same eBay seller as me for like $17-18 a piece.
haha, yeah, they were each like $16 and some change, probably from the same seller. But, no, we still haven't got the hardware to install TPMS...someone said the hardware was only like $7 from Honda, so when we go pick up the rims, we'll pick those up too.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
cant wait to see the wheels and coils on..but with 9.5 and offsets in the 20's you shouldnt need any pull. prob just a roll
losimus (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kibbles906
cant wait to see the wheels and coils on..but with 9.5 and offsets in the 20's you shouldnt need any pull. prob just a roll
yeah, 9.5's and +31(F), +25(R)...should be nice and flush like how they fit on aspec's. just waiting on WheelFlip! I guess I'll call today and get a time-frame (supposed to have been ready this last Friday).
Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Link to TPMS, are they OEM or aftermarket?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
Link to TPMS, are they OEM or aftermarket?
Here's the link...it says "Factory OEM"...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141086006951...84.m1423.l2649
Old 11-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Banned

Received 78 Likes on 73 Posts
Wheel Flip?

Get a Snickers. Gonna be awhile.
losimus (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vivmike
Wheel Flip?

Get a Snickers. Gonna be awhile.

Awesome...did some online research on them...most people who had problems were from like last year and people who shipped to them. but all in all...most people who got the "2 week" time table ended up waiting 4 weeks MINIMUM from WheelFlip. and here I thought these guys were LEGIT.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Instructor

Emailed Alex at WF and he said the lips are done being chrome dipped...just waiting on the copper faces. I guess they went to SEMA and didn't plan nor foresee other businesses going to SEMA, hence DELAYING all projects/jobs. But he did reassure me that they are expecting them in this coming week.

Well...trying to waste some time while we wait for the rims to be finished, sooooo...tinted the tails all red. I like them a lot more than stock. Eventually want '12+ tails or opened up to black them out, but these will do!
Attached Thumbnails Allow me to introduce myself...-tailredtint3.jpg   Allow me to introduce myself...-tailredtint4.jpg   Allow me to introduce myself...-tailredtint1.jpg   Allow me to introduce myself...-tailredtint2.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

No! Keep tails as is! Those look great.

Nice beard too, Grizzly Adams.
losimus (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Instructor

Haha, thanks...i'm actually going to go for a King Leonidas look...but still in the beginning stages.

anyway, yeah, after I got see the tails blingin' in the sun today, I think we'll stay with the reds. If anything, spray them transparent red and clear coat them instead (just a cleaner look and more durable).
Old 11-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Awesome...did some online research on them...most people who had problems were from like last year and people who shipped to them. but all in all...most people who got the "2 week" time table ended up waiting 4 weeks MINIMUM from WheelFlip. and here I thought these guys were LEGIT.
Are there any wheel repair/customizing shop that are legit? It seem they all are a bit shady(A lot of personal experience). Let see how WF is.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Are there any wheel repair/customizing shop that are legit? It seem they all are a bit shady(A lot of personal experience). Let see how WF is.
You know, after the research on WF, I noticed companies START off strong and then get overwhelmed with business and just can't keep up with it. HOPEFULLY, since Alex took over, his business running skills are a little better than the previous.

Only place I kept running into that seems to be "legit" is VR Motoring (or VR Wheels)...but, I also got the same praise about WheelFlip. Only time will tell.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Banned

Haha, thanks...i'm actually going to go for a King Leonidas look...but still in the beginning stages.

anyway, yeah, after I got see the tails blingin' in the sun today, I think we'll stay with the reds. If anything, spray them transparent red and clear coat them instead (just a cleaner look and more durable).
Are you swolled up like Leonidas? Cause on the reflection you look like you got high Cholesterol
Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by vivmike
Are you swolled up like Leonidas? Cause on the reflection you look like you got high Cholesterol

You can be swoll up and still have high cholesterol. You don't lift brah do you?
losimus (11-11-2013)

Quick Reply: Allow me to introduce myself...