AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Photograph Gallery (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/)
-   -   2012 SH-AWD Tech 6mt (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/2012-sh-awd-tech-6mt-864040/)

sympley 07-25-2012 09:53 AM

2012 SH-AWD Tech 6mt

Just picked up my 2012 SH-AWD TECH 6MT what a great ride. Few goodies will be put on in near future. Here are some cell pics:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...24-00596-1.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...0724-00597.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...0724-00595.jpg

lji 07-25-2012 10:20 AM

nice car.... welcome to the 6MT club!

LawnPro 07-25-2012 05:20 PM

Awesome TL man! Im glad to see you already have the oem lip kit all around installed. Looks like tint also? :thumbsup:

i64X 07-25-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by lji (Post 13926649)
nice car.... welcome to the 6MT club!

This

birdy*feet 07-25-2012 07:29 PM

Great colour, very nice. I'm just so damn green with envy over those headlight washers on the Elite. :annoyed:

KarKraze 07-25-2012 07:55 PM

Welcome to Azine,beautiful car and colour,tint and aero package looks sharp.

sympley 07-25-2012 11:21 PM

Thanks all for a warm welcome. I'm overwhelmed by the User manual and the Navi manual, it's around 850 pages in total. That is nuts.
Did the gracenote upgrade but still can not find many CD albums:annoyed: .
On a good note it has a hill assist, what a superb idea on a manual transmission, tested it today few times and it works like a charm.

Steven Bell 07-25-2012 11:51 PM

Congrats Sympley. Enjoy your new ride. What other plans do you have for modding?

terdonal 07-26-2012 07:53 AM

Congrats!

RPhilMan1 07-26-2012 09:25 AM

Looks great! I really like the graphite, it would have been my second color choice. How do you like the 6MT so far?

What do you have planned for goodies?

sympley 07-26-2012 12:01 PM

So far I like the 6MT much smoother than my Jetta 2.0T that I traded in. I might look into the mod of having the clutch engage sooner. Few from this forum have done it and from the sounds of it they like it.

Future mods:
- TEIN SS with EDFC
- Hidden hitch with a bike carrier
- Use the current rims for winter tires and get nice set of rims for summer
- Takeda intake or TC ice box if it ever gets released

After that not sure how much more there is to modify. seems that the new TL are not that mod friendly. I saw some J-pipes and exhaust but it does not mention how much horsepower gains.

LawnPro 07-26-2012 05:46 PM

Im looking forward to seeing your future mods. The 4G is a sport/luxery sedan..... its not supposed to be modded as much as a civic - jmo. :dunno:

PeterPort 07-27-2012 04:42 PM

Good luck with your new car. Did you say what color?
I am loving driving my 6MT. I now have over a thousand miles on it.

i64X 07-27-2012 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by LawnPro (Post 13930871)
Im looking forward to seeing your future mods. The 4G is a sport/luxery sedan..... its not supposed to be modded as much as a civic - jmo. :dunno:

Disagree. There's nothing extreme around that mod list. HUGE suspension upgrade and new wheels will make the car look night and day better. An intake is far from extreme. The reality of it is, TL's are big fancy Accords. It's his car, he can mod it the way he wants. I'm betting it'll look and sound way better afterwards.

sympley 07-29-2012 07:54 PM

Sorry maybe I didn't express myself correctly, by any means I do not want to mod it like a civic. Just want some suspension upgrade and was hoping for some relatively easy horsepower upgrade. In my VW it was $500 for a chip that gave you 50HP and 60 lbs of torque. Not so with Honda engines, much more difficult to squeeze out these extra few ponies.
On a side note did a day trip approx 500km and this car has a pretty stiff suspension. Maybe it's the 19" rims but it was pretty stiff. Loved passing others with it, downshift, floor it, vtec kicks in and off it goes.... I still have a smile on my face. So far so good, just some as*hole put a ding on the parking lot and chipped some paint.

KarKraze 07-29-2012 08:32 PM

^^^^ Whenever i hear about people having their car damaged in parking lots i cringe,been through this a few times,i am amazed at how inconsiderate some people are.

justnspace 07-29-2012 08:50 PM

sadly, its pretty hard to extract power out of this motor.
you can free up the exhaust,With PCDs and jpipe, will gain about 15hp peak and about 20hp throughout the power band.

but expensive little exhaust pieces.

Acura2010 08-01-2012 08:53 AM

Congrats on the 6MT......i love my 6MT!!! But one question......you've got the Elite wheels on your car. I wanted those also, but the Elite wasn't available in 6MT.....so did you purchase those wheels as an option? I took the stock SH-AWD wheels (Non-Elite model) and ended up getting the 19inch Diamond Cut alloys later

sympley 08-07-2012 09:58 PM

The dealer had these on when we test drove the car. They mentioned that car will not come with the wheels and that they will be changed to 18" from the tech package. When we were picking up the car, dealer said they have a surprise for us...they kept the 19" on the car. It was a very nice surprise indeed.

Acura2010 08-08-2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by sympley (Post 13960308)
The dealer had these on when we test drove the car. They mentioned that car will not come with the wheels and that they will be changed to 18" from the tech package. When we were picking up the car, dealer said they have a surprise for us...they kept the 19" on the car. It was a very nice surprise indeed.

Wow, you got lucky with that deal!!!!! i paid $1750 U.S for my diamond cut 19's. Dealer here wanted $3,000. I priced the wheels you have also, they were about $2500. All these prices did not include Tires. I got my rims from Curry Acura on Ebay, shipped to my door for $1800 including duties. I then got a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport tires for $1000 installed. So ya, you got lucky. My set up cost $2750, and THAT was a really good deal compared to Canadian prices.

sympley 04-19-2013 04:18 PM

Finally on teins SS with new 20", dirty car because it rain most of the day:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...psb6523ca3.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...psf8bd4417.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...psbeb9093d.jpg

KarKraze 04-19-2013 05:01 PM

Your car looks really good,the height seems perfect to me and your rims compliment the car :thumbsup:.

purextc 04-19-2013 05:58 PM

Looking good man!

VQPower37 04-19-2013 07:45 PM

great looking car ... the kit even looks good on ur car!

TheOMan 04-19-2013 08:05 PM

sympley, are those Vossen CV3s? Looks great on your ride!

TeamAcura 04-19-2013 09:08 PM

Looks dope. Clean drop. What's the spec on the wheels and drop?

manutd 04-20-2013 07:28 AM

Nice car! Those look like Ruffino rims if im not mistaken

Mississauga?! You'll be seeing me around there op!

Originally Posted by i64X (Post 13934090)
Disagree. There's nothing extreme around that mod list. HUGE suspension upgrade and new wheels will make the car look night and day better. An intake is far from extreme. The reality of it is, TL's are big fancy Accords. It's his car, he can mod it the way he wants. I'm betting it'll look and sound way better afterwards.

TL's Are not big fancy accords, TSX's Are based on the accord platform....

LawnPro 04-20-2013 08:03 AM

Your TL looks great with the wheels and drop! The CGP color matches well with the wheel color, are they Vossen CV3's? :toocool:

sympley 04-20-2013 08:39 AM

Thanks for all the good comments.

The drop is on Tein SS with EDFC controller. The EDFC is brilliant you can tweak you car to handle the way you want. There is a new EDFC controller out on the market and it can be set to do dynamic/automatic dampening control and it is wireless so less wires to run....very cool.

manutd, you are right on the money. These are Ruffino wheels. Specs:

20"x9" +35 front
20"x10.5" +45 rear

The tires for rear we tried 285 then 275 all would stick out a lot, no way a fender roll will fix rubbing. So after many trials the shop put on 245/35/20 all around. The front is good, the rear is stretched. I was very concerned with the stretch but it actually doesn't look too bad. So for now this will be the set up.

I tried to get fenders rolled but the shop I went to said their tool is to long and it wold push the fender out and that it would crack for sure. On Monday I have another appointment in a different shop to see if they can roll the fenders.

So far only rubbed once when I had all 4 winter tires in trunk. With empty trunk, I did not even rub once, but I am extra careful.

If any one know anybody that can roll fenders and is mobile I be home all day today.

Recall 04-20-2013 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by sympley (Post 14436577)

The drop is on Tein SS with EDFC controller. The EDFC is brilliant you can tweak you car to handle the way you want. There is a new EDFC controller out on the market and it can be set to do dynamic/automatic dampening control and it is wireless so less wires to run....very cool.

20"x9" +35 front
20"x10.5" +45 rear

The tires for rear we tried 285 then 275 all would stick out a lot, no way a fender roll will fix rubbing. So after many trials the shop put on 245/35/20 all around. The front is good, the rear is stretched. I was very concerned with the stretch but it actually doesn't look too bad. So for now this will be the set up.

I tried to get fenders rolled but the shop I went to said their tool is to long and it wold push the fender out and that it would crack for sure. On Monday I have another appointment in a different shop to see if they can roll the fenders.

So far only rubbed once when I had all 4 winter tires in trunk. With empty trunk, I did not even rub once, but I am extra careful.

If any one know anybody that can roll fenders and is mobile I be home all day today.

Car is looking right with those wheels, I am in Mississauga almost every weekend near Erin Mills and Credit Valley, hope to see you around :-)

HeartTLs 04-20-2013 09:12 PM

20"x9" +35 front
20"x10.5" +45 rear

Car looks good, please link us to the new EDFC, thanks!

Originally Posted by Recall (Post 14437226)
Car is looking right with those wheels, I am in Mississauga almost every weekend near Erin Mills and Credit Valley, hope to see you around :-)

I see you got new wheels, post pictures!

TeamAcura 04-21-2013 07:57 PM

http://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active.html

This will be in my order when I upgrade my suspension! Active dampening is what the 4g should of came with. Pretty sweet! :thumbsup:

sympley 04-22-2013 05:44 PM

TeamAcura, thanks for posting the link to the new EDFC controller. I wonder if they will sell just the controller and the wireless dongles. I already have the motors.

Recall, I live around that area Erin Mills and Dundas.

Matts_Acura 04-23-2013 08:10 AM

20"x9" +35 front
20"x10.5" +45 rear

Haven't seen the vossens with a +45 offset. Generally they are +42 in our fitment. 255 30 would have also fit if next time you want a lighter stretch.

You should get the Matte Graphite center caps and darker lugs.
http://www.vossenwheels.com/store/it...il.aspx?id=143

Looks Great!

manutd 04-23-2013 08:28 AM

Nice to have met you yesterday my friend!!!

Steven Bell 04-23-2013 08:39 PM

Love the drop!

sympley 05-23-2013 09:12 PM

any the quest continues. Got the J-pipe V2 installed but am surprised that the car is not louder. Definitely did notice some power gains. With the 20" wheels the car felt heavier, with the J-pipe it kind of feels like the power is back.

So a summary so far:
- Teins SS coils with EDFC controller
- SPC rear camber kit
- OEM rims wit winter tires
- new 20" rims with summers
- J-pipe
- roof spoiler from e-bay
- hidden hitch for Kuat NV bike rack
- dynamat on all 4 doors, trunk lid, and trunk (in preparation for a 12" sub)

I always used dynamat on all my previous cars and have to say it makes a huge difference on the TL. Mind you I am already 15 sheets in and still have to do the rear deck and underneath the rear seat bench.

Still to come:
- 12" sub (since the dynamat helped a lot I might be able to live with the speakers they sound much better)
- Ice box from CT
- lightweight pulley
- possibly magnaflow mufflers if I can figure out which one will fit.
- If there is a air dam spoiler that could fit, I think it would look good one the car.

Some pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68ggbim6vs...521_200733.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8krw9zo36...523_130742.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ovmlk1owx...523_150146.jpg

rxyamahax1 05-23-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Matts_Acura (Post 14440927)
Haven't seen the vossens with a +45 offset. Generally they are +42 in our fitment. 255 30 would have also fit if next time you want a lighter stretch.

You should get the Matte Graphite center caps and darker lugs.
http://www.vossenwheels.com/store/it...il.aspx?id=143

Looks Great!

That would set the wheels off for sure Matt:thumbsup:

HeartTLs 05-23-2013 11:06 PM

What new wheels did you get?

sympley 05-24-2013 05:58 PM

I got the ruffino wheels.

I would like to get the inserts but I am not sure if these will fit the rufino wheels. Might not be a exact fit. Or is this something that is industry standard?

Also is it possible that the J-Pipe needs some time to break in? I could swear it is starting to sound different. (maybe it me driving it harder).