Warranty concern (SRI, Jpipe, TBS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Warranty concern (SRI, Jpipe, TBS)

Hi!

How the warranty with a 09 TL SHawd if I change and install a:
Takada SRI (looking for more sound)
Xlr8 Jpipe (looking for more sound and performance)
Throttle body spacer (not sure...)

and I am not sur if I should install the throttle body spacer I dont think it's a good idea to change the air fuel ratio.

My car is full warranty back to back for some more years... So I want to know if i can install those piece (at least Jpipe and SRI) without voiding my warranty. And should I install those piece at a ACURA dealer to help with warranty... Or it do'snt matter the warranty will be void...

Thank's!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
you only void warranty if you bring your car in for repairs with those PARTS actually installed when they inspect it..

just return it back to stock before you bring it in..

i dont really think you fully understand the concept of warranty..
The following users liked this post:
Acura602 (02-20-2013)
Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by potmilkz
you only void warranty if you bring your car in for repairs with those PARTS actually installed when they inspect it..

just return it back to stock before you bring it in..

i dont really think you fully understand the concept of warranty..
Some manufacturer don't mind for a few change such as intake and exhaust. Think to mopar, nismo, trd, F Sport and way more...

I know a few Mitsubishi and Subaru dealer dont mind if you do some change like that if they are buyed and installer to their garage.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
I've seen some of the dealerships offer comptech factory options, but never anything potentially emissions related (like the PCDs/HFPCs/J pipes).

1. Don't waste your money on the SRI or the TB spacer and gaskets. If you want growl, try just the K&N Filter first.
2. XLR8 not getting such hot fitment reviews or customer support of late; might consider the RV6 pipe instead.
3. If you're wanting sound and power, I'd look into the magnaflow 11225 mufflers. The mufflers would do nothing to your warranty on the powertrain, and would give you noticeable power and some growl when you want it. (not to mention being cheaper than anything you've mentioned)
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
I've seen some of the dealerships offer comptech factory options, but never anything potentially emissions related (like the PCDs/HFPCs/J pipes).

1. Don't waste your money on the SRI or the TB spacer and gaskets. If you want growl, try just the K&N Filter first.
2. XLR8 not getting such hot fitment reviews or customer support of late; might consider the RV6 pipe instead.
3. If you're wanting sound and power, I'd look into the magnaflow 11225 mufflers. The mufflers would do nothing to your warranty on the powertrain, and would give you noticeable power and some growl when you want it. (not to mention being cheaper than anything you've mentioned)
I understand what you mean... That why i dont want to remove and touch part like CAT. Did you think a Mecanical will notice the Jpipe change? An Acura mecanical one?

1- Unready buyed, I buyed all of this part USED so at a really good price. And I dont gonna install the TBS for sure.
2- I buy the xlr8 used and the guy say there no problem. I read yesterday the topic about this fix issue... I hope I don't gonna have this problem.
3- Power is < Noise. I dont want to be harassed by cops about a TOO noisy mufflers. Just a little touch of noise in the cabin when I press the throttle to 100% .
Old 09-11-2012, 11:32 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by TLQwebec
I understand what you mean... That why i dont want to remove and touch part like CAT. Did you think a Mecanical will notice the Jpipe change? An Acura mecanical one?
sorry your english is kind of off by a bit... its ok i know what you are saying.

yes, a mechanic will notice a shiny j-pipe under your car.

1- Unready buyed, I buyed all of this part USED so at a really good price. And I dont gonna install the TBS for sure.
2- I buy the xlr8 used and the guy say there no problem. I read yesterday the topic about this fix issue... I hope I don't gonna have this problem.
3- Power is < Noise. I dont want to be harassed by cops about a TOO noisy mufflers. Just a little touch of noise in the cabin when I press the throttle to 100% .
a intake will give you that cabin noise lol
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by potmilkz
sorry your english is kind of off by a bit... its ok i know what you are saying.

yes, a mechanic will notice a shiny j-pipe under your car.

a intake will give you that cabin noise lol

Thank for your comprehension

According to the picture of the jpipe he is not shiny anymore. He look brun but I dont received the piece yet so I cant say if the color will match under the car.

I will try the SRI alone first. Than I will hear if I go with the jpipe.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
You'll hear from a lot of people to skip the SRI, but I love mine! Yeah, it's "an expensive noise maker" but it brings a smile to my face every time I mash the gas so it's worth it IMO.