Sprint Booster V3

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 03:53 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Sprint Booster V3

Anyone here who was using the Sprint Booster V2 bought the new V3 yet? Just wondering what the difference is between the two.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
I have a version 3 installed in my TLX. I REALLY REALLY love it. I cannot imagine driving this vehicle without it. If I had to give it up, I would sell the car. A night and day difference. You have IMMEDIATE reaction when pushing the accelerator.

As for the difference between Version 2 and Version 3.

Version 2 only gives you basically 3 modes. Off, Medium and Full.

Version 3 gives you much more ability to fine tune.

There are three basic driving modes:

OFF

STREET

RACE

The Street mode will give you 9 levels of acceleration change. The Race mode will also give you 9 levels of race mode. I leave mine on RACE level 9. Once you remove the hesitation from your accelerator, why would you want any back? RACE 9 is like having a direct cable linkage. The slightest foot movement will cause the throttle body to open. Installation takes about 5 minutes and right now there is a group buy at www.tlxforums.com there is also detailed instructions for installation. The price is currently $259, but if a few more sign up, the price drops to $229 for version 3. Version 2 is currently out of production, replaced by version 3.

Did I say I REALLY REALLY love it.
The following users liked this post:
Nitin (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 04:23 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Thanks! I'm checking with the people over at the TLX forums to see if I can get in on that group buy for my TL.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Yes you can get in on the group buy.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Get kTuner instead.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
Get kTuner instead.

can you do the same thing with the ktuner?
Old 08-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by elietania
can you do the same thing with the ktuner?
very much so... and more...
Old 08-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
It all depends what you're looking for!

For those who aren't planning to mod their car too far and are just looking for a more responsive pedal, or for vehicles that don't have software available; then SprintBooster is great!

If you're looking to get some extra power out of the car then SprintBooster won't be able to help you there since it only targets throttle response, so if that's the case Ktuner (or Hondata in some applications) is the one for you. Ktuner lets you tune for bugger injectors, ignition timing, fueling, knock, and more!

Feel free to send me a PM if you need some help!
echodigital (11-23-2018)
Old 08-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD
very much so... and more...
cool thanks!

Originally Posted by ExcelerateRep
It all depends what you're looking for!

For those who aren't planning to mod their car too far and are just looking for a more responsive pedal, or for vehicles that don't have software available; then SprintBooster is great!

If you're looking to get some extra power out of the car then SprintBooster won't be able to help you there since it only targets throttle response, so if that's the case Ktuner (or Hondata in some applications) is the one for you. Ktuner lets you tune for bugger injectors, ignition timing, fueling, knock, and more!

Feel free to send me a PM if you need some help!

Perfect so ill save more money to get the ktuner thanks for the info. i already have the takeda intake , xlr8 jpipe , test pipe installed. just need the xlr8 catback and a ktuner
Old 08-04-2017, 11:33 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by elietania
cool thanks!

Perfect so ill save more money to get the ktuner thanks for the info. i already have the takeda intake , xlr8 jpipe , test pipe installed. just need the xlr8 catback and a ktuner
NO HFPC or PCD? LOL
Old 08-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD
NO HFPC or PCD? LOL
Lmao YESS I NEED THAT forgot to mension it
Old 03-18-2018, 01:33 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
does the sprint booster improve the car performance under WOT? or only during normal driving condition with having a more responsive throttle time?
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Can't speak from experience but if it's able to more directly open the throttle plate it should marginally yield performance at WOT under load versus stock. Stock will limit throttle plate opening because it wants to make emissions happy first. Heavy throttle input at certain speeds will disproportionately effect emissions vs. the power gained so the stock ecu wants to limit this and may not open up the throttle plate fully. But yes, I do believe there is power to be gained. Hope someone else can confirm or correct.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody made a video

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
I have a version 3 installed in my TLX. I REALLY REALLY love it. I cannot imagine driving this vehicle without it. If I had to give it up, I would sell the car. A night and day difference. You have IMMEDIATE reaction when pushing the accelerator.

As for the difference between Version 2 and Version 3.

Version 2 only gives you basically 3 modes. Off, Medium and Full.

Version 3 gives you much more ability to fine tune.

There are three basic driving modes:

OFF

STREET

RACE

The Street mode will give you 9 levels of acceleration change. The Race mode will also give you 9 levels of race mode. I leave mine on RACE level 9. Once you remove the hesitation from your accelerator, why would you want any back? RACE 9 is like having a direct cable linkage. The slightest foot movement will cause the throttle body to open. Installation takes about 5 minutes and right now there is a group buy at www.tlxforums.com there is also detailed instructions for installation. The price is currently $259, but if a few more sign up, the price drops to $229 for version 3. Version 2 is currently out of production, replaced by version 3.

Did I say I REALLY REALLY love it.

i bought this thing and looked everywhere on installation and it’s becoming a real pain. I have had it for a few weeks and still no luck. How come nobody has made a frigging video or indef diagram. I’m going to have to remove my dash to install this thing sigh. About to return and just save for a Ktuner
Old 03-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by Elisha Charles Murray

i bought this thing and looked everywhere on installation and it’s becoming a real pain. I have had it for a few weeks and still no luck. How come nobody has made a frigging video or indef diagram. I’m going to have to remove my dash to install this thing sigh. About to return and just save for a Ktuner
I do not have a video or the V3, however I have some installation pics from when I did mine ,there should be no difference as far as installation.
Click on the link to my thread :
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...832308/page19/

It's been a while since I did my installation but ask away if you have any question and I will see what I can remember.
echodigital (11-23-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 03:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KarKraze
I do not have a video or the V3, however I have some installation pics from when I did mine ,there should be no difference as far as installation.
Click on the link to my thread :
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...832308/page19/

It's been a while since I did my installation but ask away if you have any question and I will see what I can remember.
do you still have it? Do you think it deserve the money?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mina_Bekhit
do you still have it? Do you think it deserve the money?
I purchased the Sprint Booster (SB) before the K Tuner was available, I still have it and still love it.

K Tuner software allows you to adjust throttle sensitivity and much more so you don't really need to have both. I just opted not to have the throttle adjusted during Tuning since the SB was already doing it's thing.

The one advantage of the SB is, you can switch it off if someone else drives your car and is not accustomed to responsive throttle. In summary, if you plan to do additional mods to your car then get the K Tuner, if not and you are just looking for better throttle response, then the SB is a good option.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:24 PM
Advanced

I purchased the Sprint Booster (SB) before the K Tuner was available, I still have it and still love it.

K Tuner software allows you to adjust throttle sensitivity and much more so you don't really need to have both. I just opted not to have the throttle adjusted during Tuning since the SB was already doing it's thing.

The one advantage of the SB is, you can switch it off if someone else drives your car and is not accustomed to responsive throttle. In summary, if you plan to do additional mods to your car then get the K Tuner, if not and you are just looking for better throttle response, then the SB is a good option.
Thanks for the response. Do think the SB has any advantage at WOT? Or it's the same since the gad paddle is complete pressed.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the response. Do think the SB has any advantage at WOT? Or it's the same since the gad paddle is complete pressed.
Read page 20 of my build thread for a full review. It feels more responsive going from a standstill, at cruising speeds on street / highway it also feels more responsive when pressing the accelerator. It is for better throttle response, once you are WOT you can't really do anything.

Last edited by KarKraze; 03-30-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Advanced

Read page 20 of my build thread for a full review. It feels more responsive going from a standstill, at cruising speeds on street / highway it also feels more responsive when pressing the accelerator. It is for better throttle response, once you are WOT you can't really do anything.
I checked your SB review and some of your car builds. That looks amazing. Thanks for getting back to me.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Drifting

I checked your SB review and some of your car builds. That looks amazing. Thanks for getting back to me.
You are welcome, there is a lot of info to be found in build threads, it takes some time to go through but members can it very helpful.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Advanced

I went ahead and bought the ktuner instead of the sprint booster. The above snapshot is taken from the DBW parameter. This shows at 100% throutle position, the throutle body opens 83.3% only.

if the sprint booster can eliminate the delay and open the throutle body 100%, that means the car performance will even be better than stock at WOT.

Is my understand correct? Can anyone comment on that?
Old 11-16-2018, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 2015 TLX v6 SH-AWD Tech. Just pulled the trigger on the sprint booster v3. Can anyone comment on whether it improves the 2-3 gear shift clunkiness? Thanks!