Ebay Intake $70 Shipped - Fits TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsherm007
So I found an intake for the 2008-2010 Accord on Ebay, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...Q5fAccessories

So I noticed that the Takeda intake has the same part number TR-1007P for both the Accord V6 and the 09+ TL.

So if this Ebay intake fits the Accord, then it should fit the TL. I think I might jump on this, the seller has tons of these... Seller has 35,000+ feedbak at 99.5% too.

08-09 Honda Accord 3.5L V6 Air Intake Kit 2008 2009
you guys are not making any sense!!!! its a pipe, very hollow, does nothing but direct air!!!! not like a ball joint, or a clutch, or camshafts that actually have a little science behind it, its a pipe!!!! you think drag racers who have custom intakes are bought from AEM or INJEN? no... they go to home depot and make it themselves and works perfect.

heres a perfect example.... turbo kits.... are your intercooler pipes AEM or INJEN? NO!!!!!! stop wasting your money on $200 intakes, its a metal pipe, does nothing.... absolutely nothing!!!

dont get me wrong, they make em, but its just a pipe!

now cold air or short ram might have a little science to it, but brand?? nope!!!

only in america do we care about name brands!!

did you know in japan, theres no such thing as acura

if you have a tl... its a HONDA TL!!!! only americans wanna show off their brand names!!!

get your cheap ebay pipe or go to home depot and make one!!!!

until you show me a dyno chart with two different brands and one makes a HUGE difference, ok, otherwise, stop cheating these people for a $200 piece of metal!!!!

thank you.
The following users liked this post:
ieh (07-07-2011)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
WDP 4G

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by black_type-s
you guys are not making any sense!!!! its a pipe, very hollow, does nothing but direct air!!!! not like a ball joint, or a clutch, or camshafts that actually have a little science behind it, its a pipe!!!! you think drag racers who have custom intakes are bought from AEM or INJEN? no... they go to home depot and make it themselves and works perfect.

heres a perfect example.... turbo kits.... are your intercooler pipes AEM or INJEN? NO!!!!!! stop wasting your money on $200 intakes, its a metal pipe, does nothing.... absolutely nothing!!!

dont get me wrong, they make em, but its just a pipe!

now cold air or short ram might have a little science to it, but brand?? nope!!!

only in america do we care about name brands!!

did you know in japan, theres no such thing as acura

if you have a tl... its a HONDA TL!!!! only americans wanna show off their brand names!!!

get your cheap ebay pipe or go to home depot and make one!!!!

until you show me a dyno chart with two different brands and one makes a HUGE difference, ok, otherwise, stop cheating these people for a $200 piece of metal!!!!

thank you.
So okay what you just blabbered about, makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. First you say that theres little science behind a pipe and then you go on saying short ram or cold air has a little science. I mean the short ram/cold air is still a pipe is it not? I don't quite understand your logic. Obviously the brand got no science to it its a f'n brand. Thats like me saying why dont you chop off a wood stump and drill 5 holes in it and slap em on as your rims cause rims are just a piece of metal(4 pieces of metal to be exact) that you easily pay 1000+ for.

And no, there is such thing as Acura in Japan. Its called Honda
Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Actually, this version of the J motor is using MAF instead of just MAP, so it's now an expensive pipe, with a threaded sensor flange on it.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
Actually, this version of the J motor is using MAF instead of just MAP, so it's now an expensive pipe, with a threaded sensor flange on it.

ditto.

but did anyone get a proven document stating 14hp and 14tq gain?

i mean if this is proven, then takeda intakes are so worth buying, other than that.. i think its just an expensive pipe..

function over form.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
It's just an expensive pipe, at least with nothing else done to the car. Maybe the FWD/3.5 take to it a little better, but I doubt it.

I've got one on my 09 SH-AWD. It's no 14 anything. Makes noise, helps MPG. MAYBE a bit better mid range throttle response. Maybe 14 less pounds of airbox under the hood?

Hoping it will more than pay for itself when the PCDs, J-Pipe, spacers, exhaust and test pipe go on. CAI didn't do anything on my stock S2000 until you got rid of the cat.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 PM
TL lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep those pipes on your TL, just need to replace the good intake filter out there. Go with the K&N corn intake. you will do well. Metal is still metal.
And I wonder if any of us realize this, O'' Reilly (replace for Checker) actually sell the K&N filter on their racks. So we don't need to order anymore.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
I really cannot ever understand why anyone would ever put an ebay intake on their car, especially one that costs $40k. It's not like it's a 1990 Civic or Protege and you bought the car for $500. This is a luxury vehicle with a sophisticated engine management system. And on top of it the intake system now incorporates a Mass Air Flow sensor. I can guarantee you that that intake did not take into account how the air flow would hit the MAF sensor.
Basically you're upset because people are going on e-bay to get a cheaper intake and not going to your shop and making you rich. I think if you really fessed up, that would be the truth.

Confirm or deny?
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by EazyRider562
Basically you're upset because people are going on e-bay to get a cheaper intake and not going to your shop and making you rich. I think if you really fessed up, that would be the truth.

Confirm or deny?

your statement is invalid.

there are ebay pipes that are made for "universal" applications, and there are intakes that are made specifically for the TL for that specific model.

again, these intakes wont show any proven results unless there are other things working with it.

i honestly think you should read your statements 10 to 15 times before posting it. makes you look foolish
The following users liked this post:
lji (12-19-2011)
Old 12-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by potmilkz
your statement is invalid.

there are ebay pipes that are made for "universal" applications, and there are intakes that are made specifically for the TL for that specific model.

again, these intakes wont show any proven results unless there are other things working with it.

i honestly think you should read your statements 10 to 15 times before posting it. makes you look foolish
lol, i look foolish because i'm calling a spade a spade? your funny bro.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Confirm or deny?
Probably should have read the other comments than just the one message from 2 years ago..

Originally Posted by Excelerate
It's not just about sales. I've always been a firm believer in: You get what you pay for. And I think it's unfair to manufacturers, who spend money and resources to actually invent and research new products, that they can be underhanded by cheap Chinese intakes sold on ebay or for that matter any part that is a poor imitation of a good product. Buying ebay products doesn't sustain innovation. People on ebay are generally too dumb to make their own product so they copy someone else's and therefore it makes it difficult for ppl like ourselves to have new products in this market.
Originally Posted by prepreludesh
To add on to what Excelerate has said, the tube construction, as in length and diameter, has everything to do with how much extra power is made, and where in the RPM range it is made.

That little dinky tube (shorter than the Takeda Intake) will probably lose power everywhere in the RPM range except for 6000rpms and higher. For reference, a longer tube (that would be classified as a "cold air" intake) would generate power and torque down low, where it is most usable.

There really are no gains by having "colder" air versus "hotter" air going into the intake, because once the car is moving, all underhood air is being cycled around with the air from outside. Also, the amount of air that the V6 is gulping in will increase that air movement, so it's not like it's sucking up hot, stagnant 100 degree heat when the car is in motion.

In summary, the Ebay intake will lose power and the Takeda one, due to the way it was designed, will gain power.
Now - I agree, a tube is a tube - but as prepreludesh says - the dinky Ebay one listed will lose power - and that Takeda will gain. If anything - you might as well go to Home Depot to make a custom CAI - that will likely have better performance than anything you can buy right now.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Pro

Is the Takeda better than the J&N?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:38 PM

lol, i look foolish because i'm calling a spade a spade? your funny bro.
]

sure a pipe is a pipe.

but is regular 87 octane just as good for your tl as 91 octane?

the answer is no.. because it is made different. essentially one is better than the other for a reason.

gas is gas right?

again please make a valid point and dont make your statements so broad..

btw its K & N not J&N
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Pro

]

sure a pipe is a pipe.

but is regular 87 octane just as good for your tl as 91 octane?

the answer is no.. because it is made different. essentially one is better than the other for a reason.

gas is gas right?

again please make a valid point and dont make your statements so broad..

btw its K & N not J&N
how direct would you like me to be? i basically won the argument and you're man enough to accept that. enough said on that subject.....
Old 12-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Yea Pot, he won that arguement... Haha; ignorance is bliss.
The following 2 users liked this post by HeartTLs:
lji (12-19-2011), TinyRK (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Pro

Well I did win the argument, I think its rather cut and dry. LOL.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
WDP 4G

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
What did you win? Another speeding ticket?

Honestly if you think you won the arguement, go get an intake from ebay and I'll wait for the day you say "I wish I would've spent more". Then it'll be you fussing cause you gotta shell out 300$ more on top of what you paid for that shit-take on ebay
Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by eazy
What did you win? Another speeding ticket?

Honestly if you think you won the arguement, go get an intake from ebay and I'll wait for the day you say "I wish I would've spent more". Then it'll be you fussing cause you gotta shell out 300$ more on top of what you paid for that shit-take on ebay
Sure bro, cool story!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:38 PM

you honestly think you won an argument just because you said "calling a spade a spade?"

hahahahhaha! this is a one of those.. facepalm moments..

answer this..

a car is a car right? why didnt you just go buy a civic instead of a TL?

after all if your so cut and dry about it, what makes this any different?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Pro

you honestly think you won an argument just because you said "calling a spade a spade?"

hahahahhaha! this is a one of those.. facepalm moments..

answer this..

a car is a car right? why didnt you just go buy a civic instead of a TL?

after all if your so cut and dry about it, what makes this any different?
Why do you have to make things so difficult?

I won the argument, just admit it and then we can move on.

OH yeah, and I don't drive a Civic is because I've had one before about 5 years ago, and they're pieces of you know what. Hence, why I bought a TL.

Once again, you're schooled in the way of cars and life for that matter.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
A wise man once said: "Don't argue with a fool for too long, after a while no one can tell the difference."

The following 3 users liked this post by Majofo:
HeartTLs (12-19-2011), lji (12-19-2011), TinyRK (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Drifting

Edit: ^^^

Great quote, especially in this context.

this is a one of those.. facepalm moments
He reminds me of "JDM Inspired", because you know "arguing is all about talking nice and making points" lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 PM

I don't drive a Civic is because I've had one before about 5 years ago, and they're pieces of you know what. Hence, why I bought a TL.
lol and how is this any different than a ebay intake vs a name branded intake? especially one that is designed for a specific engine?

let me draw you a map so you can comprehend..

follow closely, this might get tricky for you..

piece of shit civic = piece of shit ebay intake

name brand intake = Nice TL

"schooled in the way of cars"

hahahha!

oh yea, cuz im the one that got many speeding tickets...

know what your position is when talking cuz you aint got nothing to back yourself up..

Last edited by potmilkz; 12-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Pro

lol and how is this any different than a ebay intake vs a name branded intake? especially one that is designed for a specific engine?

let me draw you a map so you can comprehend..

follow closely, this might get tricky for you..

piece of shit civic = piece of shit ebay intake

name brand intake = Nice TL

"schooled in the way of cars"

hahahha!

oh yea, cuz im the one that got many speeding tickets...

know what your position is when talking cuz you aint got nothing to back yourself up..

LOL, you crack me up. You think you have it all figured out, dont ya?!?! I'm seriously laughing at my work right now and two people have walked by asking why was I hysterically laughing, I could barely even talk I was laughing so hard.

Thanks for that man, you're the best!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 PM

thanks for letting me and acurazine know that you can laugh and count to two.. and also laugh that things that arent funny..
Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Pro

thanks for letting me and acurazine know that you can laugh and count to two.. and also laugh that things that arent funny..
You're 100% correct this time, it wasn't funny. It was downright hilarious! Thanks buddy!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Pro

I opted for the K&N air intake after talking to my brother in-law who swears by the company.

Hopefully will be here next week. I'm hoping I can put it on myself, from what I've heard it takes about 30 minutes to install. We shall see!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Drifting

I'd say an hour is more accurate. I did it with a friend at a really chill pace (it was cold as F outside) and we took 1:30. I hope you got it off amazon and saved a bit!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Pro

I got it off ebay and saved alot!