3.7 SH REAR muffler delete...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 02:34 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 3.7 SH REAR muffler delete...

Does anyone have a video clip of JUST the rear mufflers hacked off and replaced with a decent sized pipe on the 3.7 TL?? I want to drop a few lbs off of the car and think it might sound nice considering there are so many cats, a resonator and a mid muffler on this thing... I would like to basically hack off ONLY the rear mufflers and replace it with a decent sized pipe.

Here's the deal though... What is the size of the oem exhaust tip piping? If I go with a larger pipe to the back, I don't want the oem tips to restrict what I basically would be opening up with said, larger pipe.

I would like to have 2.75 straight pipes from the axle back basically.

I'm assuming there won't be any real HP gains... I just want some weight off and some grunt. If someone has done this and it sounds raspy, then screw it... haha. I don't want to settle for rasp...

I just can't find much info even after searching for good while.

thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts
video. There's more vids of other tls too. It has a rasp to it. If I remember correctly, I think the piping is 2.25.
The following 2 users liked this post by jtech316:
HeartTLs (05-09-2017), SHawdyswingmyway (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 10:53 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtech316
Youtube video. There's more vids of other tls too. It has a rasp to it. If I remember correctly, I think the piping is 2.25.
Thanks! ... Sounds pretty good, but yeah... a little raspy. I guess I might just gut the resonator and the mid muffler and then throw some Borla's on the rear instead.