1” lowering on Acura TL SHAWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023 | 04:54 PM
10th Gear

1” lowering on Acura TL SHAWD

Hello everyone, I have been searching for 1” lowering springs for my 2010 Acura TL SHAWD 6MT. It’s been an extensive search, and all that has come up is 1.75” plus drops. This is not optimal for my driving conditions, but neither is the height I’m riding at now with stock springs. If anyone knows the compatibility of what spring I could use or has one they have tried, please let me know.
Old 01-26-2023 | 05:57 PM
Safety Car

I think Tein H tech should meet your needs, no?

Now that I've tried answering your question....I'll risk sounding massively boring. When you lower a car, you really need to loosen all the pivoting bushings in the entire suspension, and then re-tighten them at your new ride height

Its going to be a bit difficult (but not impossible) to do that to the front LCA's fluid filled bushings. You have to somehow mark their new angle, then remove the arms, and then re-clock the front bushing. The subframe prevents you from doing it while the arm is installed.

Just a heads up on that. Again...I realize that was an extra boring peice of info.
The following users liked this post:
altair47 (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023 | 10:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BROlando

Now that I've tried answering your question....I'll risk sounding massively boring. When you lower a car, you really need to loosen all the pivoting bushings in the entire suspension, and then re-tighten them at your new ride height

Its going to be a bit difficult (but not impossible) to do that to the front LCA's fluid filled bushings. You have to somehow mark their new angle, then remove the arms, and then re-clock the front bushing. The subframe prevents you from doing it while the arm is installed.

Just a heads up on that. Again...I realize that was an extra boring peice of info.
This is very useful information, I always tell my customers that if you want a BMW, then buy a BMW, and don't cripple your Honda by trying to make a BMW out of it.
BROlando (01-26-2023)
Old 01-27-2023 | 01:57 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by BROlando

not boring, thanks for telling me, I think I might do it at a shop now haha
Old 02-16-2023 | 01:21 AM
Cruisin'

Have you considered coilovers such as Teins (there are other brands out there)? They have a couple/few different models and are adjustable so you can set your drop how you'd like.
Old 03-18-2023 | 03:06 PM
Pro

If your intent for lowering is looks, maybe just go with a larger diameter wheel to fill in the gap between tire and fender. That will have the same visual effect.
Old 03-18-2023 | 03:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mossman77
if your intent for lowering is looks, maybe just go with a larger diameter wheel to fill in the gap between tire and fender. That will have the same visual effect.
🤦‍♂️
Old 03-18-2023 | 05:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by altair47
🤦‍♂️
Here we go. What are you going to say now, dick? I'm pretty sure a large majority of people that want to lower their TLs don't want to not be able to go over speed bumps. They want the lowered look. Going from a 17" to a 19" or from 18" to 20" can have the same visual effect without compromising the suspension geometry and stressing components. Your speedo accuracy will be off, but better than dealing with alignment issues and premature wear of components.

If you don't have any constructive feedback, how about you put the phone down for a few days and find something else to take your anger out on. Sad life you must live.

Last edited by mossman77; 03-18-2023 at 05:30 PM.
Frankyy (03-20-2023)
Old 03-18-2023 | 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mossman77
Here we go. What are you going to say now, dick? I'm pretty sure a large majority of people that want to lower their TLs don't want to not be able to go over speed bumps. They want the lowered look. Going from a 17" to a 19" or from 18" to 20" can have the same visual effect without compromising the suspension geometry and stressing components. Your speedo accuracy will be off, but better than dealing with alignment issues and premature wear of components.

If you don't have any constructive feedback, how about you put the phone down for a few days and find something else to take your anger out on. Sad life you must live.
Dude, stop reporting comments as harassment when you’re spouting just plain wrong information. You claim lowering the car will lead to premature wear of components and in the same breath suggest a larger diameter wheel/tire? You don’t think the larger tire will lead to any damage in the wheel well? I’ve been following along all the bickering and the reason nothing has been done is because you’re not innocent from dishing your own vitriol. So either grow a thicker skin or just put altair ignore and move on with your life. This is the internet after all, not everyone is going to agree with what you have to say and if you spew BS, someone us going to call you out on it, and to be clear, that’s not harassment.
The following 2 users liked this post by thoiboi:
Bearcat94 (03-18-2023), csmeance (03-23-2023)