View wallpaper after Navi

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
View wallpaper after Navi

It seems to me that the wallpaper can only be viewed after you fail to accept the instructions (never read what it all says but I assume it is trying to tell me to keep my eyes on the road) on the screen when you first start the car. If you press OK at this point you get Navi, if you don't it will go to the wallpaper that you have previously selected.

When in wallpaper, if you go to another menu, you cannot get back to wallpaper, the back button gives you the Navi screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is wallpaper only accessed this way and lost if you navigate away from it until you restart the car?

Sorry for the long winded explanation of my question...

Mugz
Old 06-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mugszy
It seems to me that the wallpaper can only be viewed after you fail to accept the instructions (never read what it all says but I assume it is trying to tell me to keep my eyes on the road) on the screen when you first start the car. If you press OK at this point you get Navi, if you don't it will go to the wallpaper that you have previously selected.

When in wallpaper, if you go to another menu, you cannot get back to wallpaper, the back button gives you the Navi screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is wallpaper only accessed this way and lost if you navigate away from it until you restart the car?

Sorry for the long winded explanation of my question...

Mugz
From TL Nav Manual pg. 95;
You can use the voice command and say "Show wallpaper" or select it from the menu by pressing the INFO button the select Other, the wallpaper that is currently selected will
be displayed on the screen.

HTH.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Advanced

Tnks

Thanks Red, will try that...

Mugz
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't think this works when the car is in motion
Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Advanced

motion

Originally Posted by 714tman
I don't think this works when the car is in motion
It doesn't... you can tell it to dial a number one by one, but it thinks you will be distracted if you tell it to "view wallpaper"??????

Also, why can't I give the voice comand a street address rather than having to dial it in manualy?

I really do nead to read the manual, but I would have thought comon sense would have prevailed.

Regards...

Mugz

Last edited by Mugszy; 06-07-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by Mugszy
It doesn't... you can tell it to dial a number one by one, but it thinks you will be distracted if you tell it to "view wallpaper"??????

Also, why can't I give the voice comand a street address rather than having to dial it in manualy?

I really do nead to read the manual, but I would have thought comon sense would have prevailed.

Regards...

Mugz
You can definitely put a street address in by voice, very easily, and in the exact same order as the touch commands. I usually teach my clients learn the buttons first and then use voice because it's the same commands & order.

Press Talk. Say Menu.
Press Talk. Say Address.
Press Talk. Say City/Street/Change State.
Press Talk. Say City Name.
Press Talk. Say the number beside the correct city name.
Press Talk. Say the Street name.
Press Talk. Say the number beside the correct street name.
Press Talk. Say the street address number. 1-2-3.
Press Talk. Say Okay.
Address comes up.
Press Talk. Say Okay.

Works exactly the same whether stopped or in motion. The only time the voice won't work is in the first 30seconds to minute of when the car is first started and the voice commands are booting up.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Advanced

Nav

Thanks beach. Very descriptive. I must have been following the wrong comands since I could get it to the street address but it wanted me to call out the letters one by one rather than allowing me to give the whole name... will try your instructions to alleviate some frustration.

Regards,

Mugz