Traffic and Weather option not worht it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Traffic and Weather option not worht it.

On several occassions I have needed to check the traffic and it will show that the only back up is 15 miles away when I am sitting in a 3 mile back up.

Also lately everytime I check the weather, it shows no data?? Not worth the extra money. Anyone else having problems?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 AM
2015 TLX SH-AWD ADVANCE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Interesed
On several occassions I have needed to check the traffic and it will show that the only back up is 15 miles away when I am sitting in a 3 mile back up.

Also lately everytime I check the weather, it shows no data?? Not worth the extra money. Anyone else having problems?
I agree. It may be the fault of the team that sends the updates though.

I was driving with a friend the day after I bought the car and I was showing off the features. I showed him the weather forecast and it called for SNOW. Not a problem if we were up north, but we were in Scottsdale, AZ!

I think XM/Sirius has a lot of issues. Hopefully, it will improve.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
User-approved

Traffic & Nav don't work together

A major road near me has been closed for about a month - it shows as closed on the nav with icons and text box. I liked that part.

So I program a location about 20 miles away, and the Nav system wanted to take me down the closed highway, and kept routing me to it during recalcs. Not too encouraging, XM/Acura!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Olu
Instructor

Originally Posted by BleuM&M
A major road near me has been closed for about a month - it shows as closed on the nav with icons and text box. I liked that part.

So I program a location about 20 miles away, and the Nav system wanted to take me down the closed highway, and kept routing me to it during recalcs. Not too encouraging, XM/Acura!
The obvious question. Do you have the nav set to reroute traffic automatically? If yes what happens when you select that location and click re-route manually?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regarding the weather, you have to give it a few minutes to update after starting car, initially there is no data. BTW, have you ever heard of a weather forecast that doesn't include temperature?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
When I had a 4G loaner I thought the traffic and weather worked great.

Everything was current and accurate as far as I could tell. I guess it depends on where you live, after all, its dependent upon whoever collects the information locally.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:11 PM
User-approved

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I guess it depends on where you live, after all, its dependent upon whoever collects the information locally.
Your comment is SO TRUE. I haven't had a chance to filter my route yet from data with the traffic delay function OLU mentioned, but I'm skeptical because the road was closed. I'll report back on that.

Today it was obvious to me that whoever collected the information locally on routing around Cleveland from Erie, PA to Columbus, OH had severe attacks of dyslexia and SMOKES CRACK when it came to interchanges at 271/90 and 271/480 and it infests our database! Nav says stay right when you should stay left, then says left when you should be right.

This is seriously messed up. This did not happen with the Nav in my 08 RDX or 07 TL.

So, Pioneer, huh? I want Alpine back.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
When I had a 4G loaner I thought the traffic and weather worked great.

Everything was current and accurate as far as I could tell. I guess it depends on where you live, after all, its dependent upon whoever collects the information locally.
Sure it's accurate but 90% of what I want to know re: weather are the predicted highs and lows of the day. On the "3 Day" forecast, all I get is whether there's going to be rain, clouds or sun. Utterly worthless.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Advanced

Given how powerful the portable GPS units are right now, I wonder if the TL Nav unit is worth the expense? I have Nav in my 2005 TL and I love it. But, I just bought a TomTom and I love it even more. More features and I can carry it over to rental cars.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
User-approved

Originally Posted by Olu
The obvious question. Do you have the nav set to reroute traffic automatically? If yes what happens when you select that location and click re-route manually?
I set the Nav to re-route for traffic delays. No effect - still wanted to take me down the closed highway. I had to select Detour in order for that road to be avoided. Seems a few lines of code are missing from the logic tree.