Renew XM Radio for $77 or less for 12 months, Part 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 08:30 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,775 Likes on 1,234 Posts
30 bucks per 6 months is what I have been getting. I have had to let it expire to get that. Done it for three cycles.

vwiw, ymmv.

lol
Old 07-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
just an fyi that I finally cancelled my XM account. It was getting to be too much like regular radio with DJ talking all of the time, plus there are so many other options out there.
Anyway....they did the usual coming back with lower and lower offers. First $200 for year, then $83 for 6 months, then 32 for 5 months, and finally $20 for 4 months. I was tempted to counter offer $20 for a year, but just a pain to call back every 6 months. So just know that you can go real low. (btw I have had the 6 months for $32 for the past several years....$2 for paper invoice...never give them a credit card)
btw I have been a subscriber since 2007 but don't miss it at all
Old 07-23-2018, 01:37 PM
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Seems like these guys would be better off to save money by scrapping their entire call center operation and just restructure their pricing to something that makes it a no-brainer to renew each year.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Seems like these guys would be better off to save money by scrapping their entire call center operation and just restructure their pricing to something that makes it a no-brainer to renew each year.
You would think. But, if modern American businesses were operated that way (honesty/clarity/etc.), then there would be no trillion dollar advertising/marketing industry. The media service corporations are all managed with a similar philosophy: namely, it is more profitable to spend money on advertising & deceptive marketing (hidden add-on fees, selling customer’s personal data, etc.) than to offer a fair value. Can’t really blame them when the bottom line always proves that theory.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
So I recently sold my '13 TL Advance and purchased a CPO '16 TLX Advance that came with a 90 day Full Access XM subscription. The subscription on my '13 TL was the XM Select package with Nav Traffic & Weather. I called XM to move the balance of my TL's subscription over to my new TLX. The TL's subscription was good through March of 2019. (Here's where the incompetence started). First, English wasn't the native tongue of the person I spoke with. He/She (never could figure out if I were talking to a male or female but will refer to them as a male from here forward) had such a thick accent, I could barely understand him and had to ask him to repeat himself numerous times. That was frustrating in and of itself.

The person I spoke with would not follow my requests. He kept steering me to ordering the Full Access package at full retail price. I would decline and tell him all I wanted to do was transfer my existing subscription to the new car. He kept going back to the Full Access sales pitch and implied that I was foolish for not choosing that package over the XM Select package. I told him I was not interested in the perks offered by the Full Access package and was content with the XM Select that I currently had on my '13 TL. After declining several times, he then decided to offer me a discount on the Full Access package. I declined again and became more emphatic about what I wanted.

At this point, he said to me that he didn't understand why I wouldn't choose this great deal because it would save me so much money and asked me to explain why I didn't want to purchase the discounted Full Access package he was offering. I told him I didn't have to explain my reasoning and reiterated that all I wanted to do was transfer my old subscription. He finally relented and said that my old subscription which was the $99/year promo wouldn't transfer because he could only offer me XM Select at full retail pricing. Finally, I'd had enough and told him that I had completely changed my mind and now all I wanted him to do was to terminate my old subscription and issue me a refund. I figured when my trial period runs out on 09/22/18, I would call back and simply negotiate a new subscription.

He seemed clueless to the fact that he had frustrated me and was to blame for my demand for a refund. In a failed effort, he again tried to persuade me to purchase the Full Access package at retail pricing. Apparently, he'd forgotten that he had offered me discount pricing moments earlier. I stopped and said as directly as possible while controlling my mounting frustration, "Listen to me carefully. I wish to terminate the subscription on my '13 TL and get a refund. I want nothing else". He finally capitulated and told me he would send out a check. He told me to stay on the phone while he processed the refund. While he's doing that he called me by name, mispronouncing it, and asked what kind of day I was having and asked why I wasn't at work today. I replied and asked what was the status of processing my refund. He finally finished and before we hung up, he reminded me that the call had been recorded for quality assurance purposes. I laughed and hung up.

Last edited by a35tl; 08-02-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:16 PM
~HondaF1~

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts
Hey guys, if you have a factory radio with Sirius XM - it's free through the weekend!

Enjoy! I am...
Old 09-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Another year, same song and dance. Called the day before my subscription was set to renew at full rate. Asked to cancel the services. They ask why. I tell them I don't want to renew at the full rate. They immediately offer the promo rate. I accept. 10 minutes of my time and another year's subscription at promo rate.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
So True!!!

Been renewing now for 7 years at the promotional rate... I was UPSET that they moved the NFL network, channel 88, to the premium service package!! But I have Mad Dog Sports and Fox Sports so that is fine! I think the $77 rate is long gone now, more like $99 plus royalty, but I have 3 radios with XM,, so the reduced rate is nice!! Also just a reminder to not call on weekends or late in the day as XM transfers calls over to INDIA, and they are less likely to help you out, call during normal M-F hours to get a USA representative!! Enjoy!!!

Robert
San Diego
Old 09-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by a35tl
Another year, same song and dance. Called the day before my subscription was set to renew at full rate. Asked to cancel the services. They ask why. I tell them I don't want to renew at the full rate. They immediately offer the promo rate. I accept. 10 minutes of my time and another year's subscription at promo rate.
I decided life was just too short to endure another 10 minutes of dealing with them. Before my one-year/$100 period was up, I called, and once I was sure they had correctly ID’d me, I told the sales hustler to either send me an invoice renewing me at the same rate, or cancel my service, and then hung up!
I know they got the message since every call is recorded, but they ignored it. They keep sending me bills for the full-price auto-renewal, as if I hadn’t cancelled before that deadline. I sent them a reminder note re: how no payment would be forthcoming without the one-year/$100 invoice I requested, and then they shut off my service. They keep sending me overdue notices for the full-price rate (which I ignore), so it should prove interesting whether they ever decide $100 a year is better than zero. Meanwhile, I’m actually hearing more of the type music I really like on free Bluetooth/internet radio. All though, I do miss the ZDX dashboard’s big screen readout of song titles/artists. I have to put on my reading glasses to see that info on my tiny iPhone.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the dance. 6 months of Select Lite for $35 plus taxes and fees.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:57 AM
Developer & Car Fan

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Well... I sure didn't miss this hoop jumping. After 10 minutes with CS and another 15 with supervisor...

Got them to add All-access for 6 months by invoice for $72.84 with no auto-renew (invoice) to my XM Tuner.

Going to try it out and see if the value is still there, then drop down to the Select Lite plan.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Just a reminder 1-866-635-2349 is the number - say that you are renewing and if it's not
going to be what it was last year, you can go ahead and cancel me. It helps to mean it if they don't budge.
I think the key is to call before the year is up.

$99 for the year plus fees and taxes -
$137.25, I guess I had a credit since I was a week early.

Here's the other hack if you aren't hellbent on having the display on your car...
I put the account on my gf's Odyssey...then I stream from my phone on my work
truck and home bluetooth speakers and S2000 and S4 and Jeep and....you get the
idea.
Pay for streaming...pay for one account.

Take care, all.
J.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:49 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
$30 for 6 months. Been doing this since 2011. It's a pain every 6 months but at $30 per year, it's worth it. I have it on 2 cars so just renew both at the same time. Also, - don't give them your credit card. They will renew you at the full rate.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:03 AM
Pro

On the phone now going through the "dance" again. Last year got the XMSelect and NavTraffic $142 which was okay for me and was about the same as what I was able to easily get for several years prior to that.

I have been on the phone for a while now going back and forth with the call-center person and have been offered all sorts of "promotions" -- $40 for 6 months or $12 a month or $148 per year if I give them a credit card. I told them I want a paper bill and that I want an entire YEAR agreement. I don't want to go through this nonsense every few months (once a year is bad enough) and I do NOT want them to have my credit card.

The person seems to be at a loss since most "promotions" ask for a card on file. I insisted that I want a hard copy invoice that pays for 12 months and pricing similar to last year or cancel. After another few minutes she came up with another "promotion" for 12 months that includes XM Select, (about $96 by itself), NavTraffic, and streaming for $139.71. Obviously they do everything they can to get your credit card on file but they finally came up with what I have been doing for the past several years since I have been such a good "loyal" customer.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another 6 months for $33. One benefit of COVID - entire process was automated. It was the first prompt they gave me and even processed the refund to my credit card. They obviously know this game.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:14 PM
Racer

Almost Time To Renew, AGAIN!!!

Well, next week I* go through the song and dance again, 7th year, for me.. I guess the Covid-19 is a good reason to tell them to drop the service.. But if you tell them you cant afford it, why spend any money!
I rather just use the excuse that it is to expensive, Senior Citizen on a fixed income, at the regular renewal price.. I always call on a Tuesday, in the mid morning, to be sure I get a USA customer service representative, not someone in another country.
I read that the process is now Automated???? Not sure what that means but I guess I will find out!! Stay Safe, Be Well!!!
Old 04-24-2020, 05:45 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I called this morning and spoke to a rep. I didn't even have to mention cancel. She told me that that All Access plan is $99/yr + fees. I currently had XM Select which is good enough for me, but their promotion was slightly more then the All Access. So I took the All Access deal. Im ok with it. No hassle at all. Might depend on what number you call for automated. Today I called 1866-635-7764. The deal for $33/6mo is good, but I don't want to call every 6 months.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:56 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Spoiler

See Post #32 in this thread: SiriusXM Trial $ Subscription.

Last edited by RenoTL; 04-24-2020 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-24-2020, 07:37 PM
Racer

OK Thanks for the info! That is a different phone number then the ones I have, I have 1-888-601-6302 and 1-866-635-2349, but yours may be a more direct number??? Where did you get the 7764 Number from???
Old 04-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Racer

Thank You!!!

OK, I went on line and logged into my account! I have 3 radios, My Acura MDX, my wife's TSX and a portable Pioneer used on my home treadmill! I started with the Pioneer, clicked on want to cancel and a pop up appeared asking me if I wanted to see special offers!! $99 for all Access and $60 for Select! Those are good prices!!, So for my Pioneer and my wife's TSX I got Select, but for my Car I wanted the FOOTBALL games so I got all Access!!! Last year it cost me $99 for Select for my 3 devices... This was definitely a better deal for my life in Retirement!!! Hopefully I can start to drive my car on long trips soon!! Need to get back over to Las Vegas from San Diego!!! LOL, or should I say "777" Jackpot,,,
Old 04-25-2020, 12:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RenoTL
Spoiler

See Post #32 in this thread: SiriusXM Trial $ Subscription.
I tried that trick online. I did not qualify because last year I was on a promotional rate. When I tried to get it, nothing happened.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
OK Thanks for the info! That is a different phone number then the ones I have, I have 1-888-601-6302 and 1-866-635-2349, but yours may be a more direct number??? Where did you get the 7764 Number from???
From last years renewal letter.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
You can now go online and select your account to cancel - they then give you options to renew. $30 for 6 months or $60 for 12 months. However, if you use that to renew you then have to give your CC so they can automatically renew you when it expires. Just call them and tell them what you are looking at. I was going to go with the 12 month but they wanted my CC so just renewed for 6 months. $30 plus fees. I don't pay for other streaming services and now have an Amazon Alexa so I use it a lot at home. Glad I found this forum in 2011 - been saving money ever since.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dynodan
I decided life was just too short to endure another 10 minutes of dealing with them. Before my one-year/$100 period was up, I called, and once I was sure they had correctly ID’d me, I told the sales hustler to either send me an invoice renewing me at the same rate, or cancel my service, and then hung up!
I know they got the message since every call is recorded, but they ignored it. They keep sending me bills for the full-price auto-renewal, as if I hadn’t cancelled before that deadline. I sent them a reminder note re: how no payment would be forthcoming without the one-year/$100 invoice I requested, and then they shut off my service. They keep sending me overdue notices for the full-price rate (which I ignore), so it should prove interesting whether they ever decide $100 a year is better than zero. Meanwhile, I’m actually hearing more of the type music I really like on free Bluetooth/internet radio. All though, I do miss the ZDX dashboard’s big screen readout of song titles/artists. I have to put on my reading glasses to see that info on my tiny iPhone.
Maybe those city drivers who rely on traffic data might need to renew THIER package, but I would never do business with the hardcore Sirius hustlers again. Even though I am spending more now (I only do ‘prepaid’, so must buy phone data), I love listening to only the music I WANT TO HEAR (free internet radio) during the limited time I drive these days. Hundreds of channels on XM, and they almost never played what I was interested in.
P.S. Solved the tiny-screen/title & artist issue. Found a suitable glass magnifier that I keep handy to ID something really special.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am thankful that I found this post.... I was thinking of giving them a try and went to their website. Looked like a ‘gippo outfit’ how they organize their website making it a PITA to see the actual cost. Had a lunch break talk with the co workers... they liked the service but hated how they do the billing, all had canceled or not renewed after their trial periods. I will stick to the radio, Bluetooth, or load up the hard drive instead.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dynodan
Maybe those city drivers who rely on traffic data might need to renew THIER package, but I would never do business with the hardcore Sirius hustlers again. Even though I am spending more now (I only do ‘prepaid’, so must buy phone data), I love listening to only the music I WANT TO HEAR (free internet radio) during the limited time I drive these days. Hundreds of channels on XM, and they almost never played what I was interested in.
P.S. Solved the tiny-screen/title & artist issue. Found a suitable glass magnifier that I keep handy to ID something really special.
Finally have unlimited data/pre-paid IPhone (Visible), so can now listen continually to the specific music I prefer (bluetooth) for less than 1/4 of what Sirius would charge if they ever got my credit card #. No DJ chatter or tune/artist ID on large dash screen anymore, but GOOD RIDDANCE! They obviously think the revenue from suckers who bend over and take a screwing more than makes up for lost customers (?). Too many US corporations think likewise (better to spend $ on advertising/marketing than R & D or quality control).
Old 01-21-2021, 11:17 AM
Pro

What just happened???

Well a few days ago I got my renewal invoice with the usual ridiculous price (almost $300). I have gone through the "dance" about 10 times now and was prepared for the usual bulls**t of calling, asking to cancel, being passed along to the "agent", yada yada yada. So I called the same number I did last year (866-635-2349) which of course starts out automated and I said reason for call was "cancel". The automated system found my account and stated instead of waiting for an agent to get back to me, they can offer a great deal automatically which was $99 for 12 months for the Select plan. This is about the same price I ended up getting last year after 15 minutes with a live person so I was surprised at how quick this was. So it looks like I am good to go for another year. The only thing I will need to do is somehow add in the Nav/Traffic that I have always opted for but I suspect I might be able to do that online or, at worst, with another call to Sirius.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Well a few days ago I got my renewal invoice with the usual ridiculous price (almost $300). I have gone through the "dance" about 10 times now and was prepared for the usual bulls**t of calling, asking to cancel, being passed along to the "agent", yada yada yada. So I called the same number I did last year (866-635-2349) which of course starts out automated and I said reason for call was "cancel". The automated system found my account and stated instead of waiting for an agent to get back to me, they can offer a great deal automatically which was $99 for 12 months for the Select plan. This is about the same price I ended up getting last year after 15 minutes with a live person so I was surprised at how quick this was. So it looks like I am good to go for another year. The only thing I will need to do is somehow add in the Nav/Traffic that I have always opted for but I suspect I might be able to do that online or, at worst, with another call to Sirius.
Same for me, automated system offered me the $99/year for All Access and I'm perfectly fine taking 2 minutes out of my day for that discount haha
Old 03-12-2021, 12:39 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Same for me, automated system offered me the $99/year for All Access and I'm perfectly fine taking 2 minutes out of my day for that discount haha
I haven't had the automated option yet, but for the past two years, it has been a very simple process as it seems their go-to offering is the $99/year for the select package. As mentioned - it works for me!!
Old 03-24-2021, 03:51 PM
Racer

VERY SOON!!! My Turn To Renew

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
I haven't had the automated option yet, but for the past two years, it has been a very simple process as it seems their go-to offering is the $99/year for the select package. As mentioned - it works for me!!
Mine is due on the 24th of April, so hopefully I can just go on line, tell them I want to cancel, and like last year the $99 offer will pop up again... Now that I am retired I am in my car about 50% less time, but still worth it for me, especially during NFL Season!! I know that requires extra $$$, but I only get that on one of my 3 radios...
Old 04-20-2021, 12:37 PM
Racer

April 2021 XM Update! Some Changes!

Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
Mine is due on the 24th of April, so hopefully I can just go on line, tell them I want to cancel, and like last year the $99 offer will pop up again... Now that I am retired I am in my car about 50% less time, but still worth it for me, especially during NFL Season!! I know that requires extra $$$, but I only get that on one of my 3 radios...
So in 2020, most of the following was automated, said you wanted to cancel, they showed you some good deals, and you were done. This time it changed. You still go on line and log in! Under each subscription it ask you what do you want to do? You click cancel your subscription. Then a page opens up with a $12.95 a month offer!! That was not acceptable and clicked on cancel your subscription, but it tells you you can not do that without first chatting with a live agent! This was the part that changed. So on came an agent, messaging, and asked how can I help you! I then told her my "STORY" and did not want to pay more then I did in 2020, that was $60 for select and $99 for all access (I like the NFL Network". She looked at my account and said, OK I can give you those prices. She does everything on line, took about 15 minutes for everything to be done.. The key point is that they want you to chat on line with an agent before you cancel your subscription.. Due to Covid-19 last year, I figured why they automated everything due to work from home and other possible reasons. I think this is my 7th year getting discounts from XM.. Good Luck Folks with your renewals or Real Cancelations!!
The following users liked this post:
Ant$ (02-19-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 03:35 PM

Last week I renewed a year of XM for 75.00, today I got this letter. They gave me a hard time but I got the 5 years for another 75 bux! (5 years bottom left corner)

So happy to not need to deal with them for the next 5 years!

Old 02-27-2023, 03:42 PM

^^^^
I still do the yearly dance with them. I renewed back in August for $76.28 for a year inclusive of taxes.
Old 02-27-2023, 03:48 PM

Yup, I have been doing that dance for EVER. So glad not to have to for the next 5 years!
Old 02-27-2023, 03:50 PM

Same here - but no letter for me.

Believe I have been at this for ~18 years going back to my 04 TL.
Old 02-27-2023, 03:53 PM

The sticking point was the radio ID was the OEM radio in the Sequoia, I have a 10" Kenwood with XM radio add on, they just wanted to renew the id in the letter, I said ok, refund the money I paid last week & close me out. lol
Old 02-27-2023, 04:02 PM

Yeah, it doesn't seem like they push back too much. I had an issue where I had a radio replaced under warranty and they wanted to charge me a fee to transfer the service from the old radio ID to the new radio ID. I said, either transfer it or close out the account. Waited while they spoke to their supervisor - boom, all changed no charge.........
The following users liked this post:
e30cabrio (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 04:06 PM

Never had that do it or lose me fail. lol
Old 02-28-2023, 11:11 AM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
The key to maintaining leverage with these birds is not to give them a cc number. They'll charge you $2 for an invoice, but it's how you maintain leverage over them in the yearly dance. They will push you hard for your cc, but if you just refuse, they'll give in. Stay strong! You'll still get a yearly, ridiculous renewal rate, but they know they can't make these stick when a customer objects. But, if a customer authorizes auto renewal with a cc number, they are banking on a good number of customers just forgetting about it and paying the ridiculous renewal rate.
Old 02-28-2023, 04:52 PM
Pro

I also just went through it for the umpteenth time. The renewal bill this year came in at something like $420 for the XM plus the Nav/Traffic. I did the usual call and when I told the guy I need to go through this dance every year he chuckled. He suggested I could lock in a special rate now going forward if I provide my charge card. I said no way but he was still able to get me a total that was actually better than last year--I ended up at $180 for the year. I really didn't want to lock in any longer anyway since I expect to be selling the car this year (wife wants an SUV Hybrid).

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 or less for 12 months, Part 7