Remote Turn-On

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Remote Turn-On

Hey guys,

I've tried searching, so forgive me if I missed it.

I'm looking to find out what you guys connected to for the remote turn-on for an aftermarket amp. Any help would be much appreciated!

Mike
Old 10-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
You can use the remote turn on from the factory amp.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
OP, if you still need help....
I don’t remember exactly why, but I ran a remote wire from all the way up front, at the fuse panel on passenger side. You’ll find that all of the fuses there have power at KO, except fuse # 7, which was an empty slot in my FWD TECH. See Pic:

I’m sure someone is going to ask why I didn’t pull key power from the factory amp... I can’t for the life of me remember why... I already had the factory amp & wiring out in the open when I was doing my install because I tapped into each speaker’s wiring back there to run to the aftermarket amp, so if key power was actually available there I don’t know why I wouldn’t take from it.

It could’ve been because of the PTS, which I know the PTS system is the reason why all of the fuses in the fuse boxes (driver and passenger sides under dash) have constant power. It’s the first car I’ve ever installed in, with or without PTS, that had constant power going to the majority of fuses in the fuse panels... so I remember that first time experience and I remember that there was a lot of cursing involved!

Also, I installed an EQ in the glovebox, so I was already elbow deep in the dash up there and had to run RCAs to the back anyways, so it wasn’t a big deal.

Sorry for the long post... I hope this helps someone out there.