Please help!!!😞😞😞😞

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help!!!😞😞😞😞

I’ve had over 15 cars and I have put music in every last one of them even a wall with 4 15s in a avalanche I’ve always tapped into a door speaker or rear speaker for the rcas well I tapped into the rear speakers inn my Acura TL 2012 I love the car by the way but my music played good for a while now I’m having trouble only 2 speakers are playing and my rear speaker cuts in and out my factory amp gets hot then when I hook my subs up they sound like I have them hooked to a highs amp when I have them tapped into the subwoofer I’m getting very frustrated to the point I want return the damn car when it was playing so well I think I need to bypass the amp and hook door speakers and tweeters to a highs amp and also run a bass amp anybody else had this problem??
Old 05-24-2018, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Period. ever. heard. of. them?
Old 06-07-2018, 05:01 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Headunit function in 2 mode. RCA or LINE OUTPUT (LO) . The stock unit are using LO to speakers. When you use RCA w/o a converter it will work for a short time due to the unused freqency that didn't travel to speaker. Should your speaker can handle RCA frequency, it would only work with mid, and low Bass speaker. If you have a car w/o stock amp. You wont be hearing much tapping rca to speaker.

Simple Terms of your situation.
Untappe RCA and connect your unite wiring back to where it was.
Verify you haven't blown any of speakers.
Buy a LOC (line out converter) and hook up RCA to LOC to speaker.
If you only listen to mid bass range then you're done. If you want a lower bass frequencies like 40Hz. Then you will need an amp.

Confuseeddd???
Old 06-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by Leonard Campbell
I’ve had over 15 cars and I have put music in every last one of them even a wall with 4 15s in a avalanche I’ve always tapped into a door speaker or rear speaker for the rcas well I tapped into the rear speakers inn my Acura TL 2012 I love the car by the way but my music played good for a while now I’m having trouble only 2 speakers are playing and my rear speaker cuts in and out my factory amp gets hot then when I hook my subs up they sound like I have them hooked to a highs amp when I have them tapped into the subwoofer I’m getting very frustrated to the point I want return the damn car when it was playing so well I think I need to bypass the amp and hook door speakers and tweeters to a highs amp and also run a bass amp anybody else had this problem??
Acura uses 2 ohm resistance speakers and most aftermarket are 4 ohm. That means the power going to your speakers is 1/2 and the amp is going to get way hotter since it's pushing harder against the resistance it was designed for and as well since you have to turn the volume up more. You probably blue/damaged the caps or chips on the factory amp.

Get a line output converter and tap pre-amp. You will need a few amps to get all the speakers running right with the factory HU. 4 Door speakers, 2 rear deck speakers, sub, center means 7 channels that need aftermarket amps.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Acura uses 2 ohm resistance speakers and most aftermarket are 4 ohm. That means the power going to your speakers is 1/2 and the amp is going to get way hotter since it's pushing harder against the resistance it was designed for and as well since you have to turn the volume up more. You probably blue/damaged the caps or chips on the factory amp.

Get a line output converter and tap pre-amp. You will need a few amps to get all the speakers running right with the factory HU. 4 Door speakers, 2 rear deck speakers, sub, center means 7 channels that need aftermarket amps.
Going from a 2 ohm to a 4 ohm impedance actually makes the amp run cooler due to less resistance but you are correct when saying that your speakers will be seeing approximately half the power. This will affect volume most definitely as you will need to crank it up a little more to achieve desired levels BUT some would have you believe (myself) that running 4 ohm high sensitivity rated aftermarket speakers will actually yield the same results while achieving a noticeable improvement in sound quality. Acura vehicles are known for running 2 ohm loads on their OEM amps which introduces more heat and ultimately may be the primary contributor to the high failure rates in their amps. Hell there is a huge thread on this site dedicated to the replacement of capacitors on certain stock amps which seems like a very large waste of time due to the fact that it's a flawed/poor design by a company that is not even relevant in car audio (Panasonic)... Your just polishing turds at that point.