Play DVDs on navi screen??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Play DVDs on navi screen??

I went to my local shop today to ask about doing something so that i can play DVDs on stock Navi screen. He made some calls for me and said that they dont have them made for the car yet. He said that because the car is basically hard drive based, they dont have anything and it might be a while to do. But i still have a couple questions that i forgot to ask so i figured i would ask some of you guys.....

1. What exactly do they do? Do they have to cut into stuff or do they just have to go under the dash and do a basic plug in?

2. He quoted me an average price which was between the $750-$850 range. Is it really suppose to be that much? I thought it would only be a couple hundred.

3. Would you recommend it? Have any of you guys experienced any problems that may be caused by it in the future. Or maybe if you guys have done it in your previous cars, how did you like it?

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010_TL
I went to my local shop today to ask about doing something so that i can play DVDs on stock Navi screen. He made some calls for me and said that they dont have them made for the car yet. He said that because the car is basically hard drive based, they dont have anything and it might be a while to do. But i still have a couple questions that i forgot to ask so i figured i would ask some of you guys.....

1. What exactly do they do? Do they have to cut into stuff or do they just have to go under the dash and do a basic plug in?

2. He quoted me an average price which was between the $750-$850 range. Is it really suppose to be that much? I thought it would only be a couple hundred.

3. Would you recommend it? Have any of you guys experienced any problems that may be caused by it in the future. Or maybe if you guys have done it in your previous cars, how did you like it?

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I havent started to look into this yet, if I can find out the interface to the NAVI screen, I could design a splitter that would allow you to select between the default screen, and a dvd input.

I would need to get the specs for everything to do this. Its what I do for a living. If I thought I could sell enough, I would be happy to run through it and make em.

-Jason