No text sound when paired to Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No text sound when paired to Bluetooth

Have a 2013 with tech package and when my iPhone 6s Plus is paired to the car Bluetooth, I get no sound from either my phone or the car when I get a text message. Phone’s software is up to date. Anyone know a fix? Tried looking at both the phone’s settings and the car’s but have had no luck in figuring it out. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-23-2019, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Read your text messages after you get to your destination. Problem solved.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Having lost count the number of times I've almost been killed while on a motorcycle by people looking at their cell phones, this.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok yeah but sometimes in between eating cereal, changing CD's, reading a book and putting on makeup I like to check my texts and Instagram feed....duh
Old 07-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Cruisin'

Don’t need a lecture on this, thanks!. If I can hear the sound, I can stop and read the ones that may need a response for work or family if I’m on a long trip. Simple as that. Don’t make assumptions.
The following users liked this post:
Reorge (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
I don't hear text messages either. It was probably designed this way.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:13 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
The text message ding will not sound through the speakers when the ringer switch on the side is set to silent/vibrate. Check your switch setting. Also try and power cycle the phone.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by CJinNOLA
Don’t need a lecture on this, thanks!. If I can hear the sound, I can stop and read the ones that may need a response for work or family if I’m on a long trip. Simple as that. Don’t make assumptions.
There's no lecture; simply a statement as to how texts are to be handled if you're anyone but the guy transporting a live heart for transplantation. As for assumptions, you'd like readers to believe that every time you hear a text chime, you pull over to the nearest parking area to read them? Please don't assume we're that naive.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:18 PM
Cruisin'

There's no lecture; simply a statement as to how texts are to be handled if you're anyone but the guy transporting a live heart for transplantation. As for assumptions, you'd like readers to believe that every time you hear a text chime, you pull over to the nearest parking area to read them? Please don't assume we're that naive.
There you go lecturing again. I’m 54 years old, really don’t like to be on my phone but often make long road trips for work. Have an elderly mother with some health issues, so yes, sometimes I need to pull off the road to read them because many people prefer to text me rather than call. If I hear the sound, I can pull over, otherwise I don’t see them until I stop. If you’re naive enough to think that every single person constantly checks their phone, that’s on you. So please save your personal idea of how to handle texts for yourself. I’m good.
The following users liked this post:
Reorge (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 06:20 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by EE4Life
The text message ding will not sound through the speakers when the ringer switch on the side is set to silent/vibrate. Check your switch setting. Also try and power cycle the phone.

Thank you for the info info and suggestion! Appreciate it!
Old 07-24-2019, 08:06 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I could be wrong and maybe there is another option but my text alerts only come through the speaker when I am using Bluetooth audio to play music etc.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:42 PM
Slyonefoya

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CJinNOLA
Have a 2013 with tech package and when my iPhone 6s Plus is paired to the car Bluetooth, I get no sound from either my phone or the car when I get a text message. Phone’s software is up to date. Anyone know a fix? Tried looking at both the phone’s settings and the car’s but have had no luck in figuring it out. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
I notice that when that happens on mine, I will hit the volume button and the volume would be all the way up for bluetooth, but if you swipe down (Andriod) the notifications sound level would be down, I'd slide that level to the max as well and the notification sounds for texts would come back.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The way the system works is that the sound for things like texts will only be heard through the speakers if you are playing something on bluetooth. So, if you are streaming music from your phone and you get a text, you will hear the tone. If you are listening to the radio or other source of music, you will not hear the sound. Also, if you are talking on the phone, you will hear the tone.

Hope this helps.