Navigation knob / Navi Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010 | 01:50 PM
8th Gear

Navigation knob / Navi Speaker

Are there any aftermarket plates, covers, garnishes, etc for the Navi knob or the radio volume / power knob. I think the factory knobs look a bit cheap compared to some of the other Acura's. I don't think it would take too much creativity to add this (perhaps a metal piece with strong 3M tape?). I think it would set off the interior quite nicely.

Also is there any way to change the navi speaker output to the drivers door instead of the center speaker? I don't think that there is but I thought maybe someone may have discovered something in the owners manual that lets you change it.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2010 | 02:33 PM
Instructor

I know you can change the volume of her voice but not where it comes out of.
Old 08-13-2010 | 07:37 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by john94si
I know you can change the volume of her voice but not where it comes out of.
Thanks for the information. I didn't think it was possible but I thought it may have been something I overlooked in the manual.
Old 08-14-2010 | 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by msmith56
Are there any aftermarket plates, covers, garnishes, etc for the Navi knob or the radio volume / power knob. I think the factory knobs look a bit cheap compared to some of the other Acura's. I don't think it would take too much creativity to add this (perhaps a metal piece with strong 3M tape?). I think it would set off the interior quite nicely.

Also is there any way to change the navi speaker output to the drivers door instead of the center speaker? I don't think that there is but I thought maybe someone may have discovered something in the owners manual that lets you change it.

Thanks.
I totally agree! The Navigation knob does look cheap and a simple upgrade would probably make a big difference. Good question, hope you get an answer for this since I would like to make that change also.