isimple problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
isimple problems

Hey, I searched and could not find the same issues anywhere else. I purchased the PXAMG from Best buy and installed it in my '05 non-navi and I'm having problems. I was a professional installer for 3 years, I followed the directions exactly. When I go into XM, sometimes aux 1 or 2 will be displayed and I can hear my ipod. If I hit display aux goes away and say XM1 or XM2. I have never seen the word ipod on the display, if I try and see artist or song info it says XM. The steering wheel controls do work, but I have no way to search for artist or albums, just hit up or down and the songs change.

Also, I had an Alpine stereo with the Alpine ipod adapter in my last car and when it was connected, the screen on my ipod said Alpine and I couldn't control the ipod from the ipod itself. This is not the case when plugged into the isimple, I have full control from the ipod and can hear audio.

OR.. at least I could until I updated the firmware to the latest version, which said it was successful, now it won't work at all and I have no sound or anything from it, it acts like nothing is there, the only way I know it is working, is my ipod is charging.

I could really use some help, you guys have any ideas?
Thanks,
Justin
Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't understand why you would post this in the 4G TL forum, when we don't have to deal with aftermarket ipod devices. This is a question that 3G TL owners can answer for you.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by offandonguy
Hey, I searched and could not find the same issues anywhere else. I purchased the PXAMG from Best buy and installed it in my '05 non-navi and I'm having problems. I was a professional installer for 3 years, I followed the directions exactly. When I go into XM, sometimes aux 1 or 2 will be displayed and I can hear my ipod. If I hit display aux goes away and say XM1 or XM2. I have never seen the word ipod on the display, if I try and see artist or song info it says XM. The steering wheel controls do work, but I have no way to search for artist or albums, just hit up or down and the songs change.

Also, I had an Alpine stereo with the Alpine ipod adapter in my last car and when it was connected, the screen on my ipod said Alpine and I couldn't control the ipod from the ipod itself. This is not the case when plugged into the isimple, I have full control from the ipod and can hear audio.

OR.. at least I could until I updated the firmware to the latest version, which said it was successful, now it won't work at all and I have no sound or anything from it, it acts like nothing is there, the only way I know it is working, is my ipod is charging.

I could really use some help, you guys have any ideas?
Thanks,
Justin
I would try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. Let it do a fresh initialization. When you switch from FM/AM rotate the 2nd nob (not the volume) untill you see IPOD. Worked for me, it was stuck on AUX2.