Was I wrong???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was I wrong???

Ok here's the deal. I go to a audio shop here in Indy to get an "Amp" install. I call the guy and say I want an amp install and I have all my own wiring. So he says it'll be $75, now the only equipment I needed was the part that connects to my OEM speakers for the audio inputs of my amp. Here's where it gets good. So he calls to tell me my car is done. When he checks me out he says that'll be $199.99.
So of course I'm mad as hell. My red wire that hooks to the battery was cut in half, so he says you cant splice that together because it'll cause a fire. Then he says the gage on my wire wasnt strong enough, even though I had that same wire pushing two 12's in my older car. So he takes it upon himself to use all new wiring to hook my car up. He charges me for the fuse box that comes from the battery as well. My issue is that, he should've called me if their was any extra charges. Was I wrong to argue with him for about 45 minutes and get in his face, or should I had just paid and shut up? Im still so HEATED.... I said I had to hear from the Acurazine brotherhood to see if I was wrong. Here are some pics of my set up as well.

Was I wrong???-speaker1.jpg

Was I wrong???-speaker2.jpg

The speaker wire he claimed he couldnt splice together
Was I wrong???-wire.jpg
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
was he the manager?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear that... talk to his manager if possible. I'd be very upset if this happen to me.
I believe it is common consensus to advise you in advance if there is extra charge, you absolutely have the right to be mad at the worker...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by potmilkz
was he the manager?
Yeah he was the manager. I think this guy has screwed over so many people that way to where he justifies what he does. I always stay with my cars when I'm having work done on it. It was this one time I trust a shop and leave that I get screwed. Let this be a lesson to everyone, always stay with your car. That asshole should of called me before deciding to spend my money. If you live around Indy(Superbowl City) dont go to Sound Sation on 86th street. He's a freakin con artist.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bengals
Yeah he was the manager. I think this guy has screwed over so many people that way to where he justifies what he does. I always stay with my cars when I'm having work done on it. It was this one time I trust a shop and leave that I get screwed. Let this be a lesson to everyone, always stay with your car. That asshole should of called me before deciding to spend my money. If you live around Indy(Superbowl City) dont go to Sound Sation on 86th street. He's a freakin con artist.
i wouldnt have paid for it, i would have told him to strip everything that they had put it, then call the cops.

if you had a reciept or something stating what is needed to be done and a price on that reciept, you can just make it a big issue.

again, its your car. if someone fucks with it, you should have all rights to call the cops.

is it this douche, Brian W.?

write a review on yelp to warn everyone that goes to him. post up your link to your story so that if anyone was to look up their info on yelp, they will think twice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/soundsationa...Sound%20Sation

lol

look at below, i find that funny..

Meet the Manager: Brian W.

Brian W. is manager and the founding partner of Sound Sational. Brian is an Army veteran as well as a graduate of Indiana University who has always has a passion for quality audio and video. He has numerous certifications and awards in the audio industry and has also worked professionally as a sound engineer in the past. One of his favorite sayings is "if the customer isn't smiling--then the jobs not done" Swing by the shop and meet Brian and the rest of the crew at SoundSational.

Last edited by potmilkz; 01-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 845 Posts
He was wrong not to ok the increase in price.

But IMO he was correct about the wire gauge and not splicing it.

You can't find a shop around here that will install used wire simply because of the liability.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM

well i dont think is the fact that he did the wiring, the op is more concerned of what was done to his car without his permission..
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Simply put, they can't do that. You had a verbal agreement to have them do a job at a certain rate. Since this shop couldn't do the job using the materials you provided them, they should have notified you that it will cost more. They can't just use their own materials and then charge you 3 times more for it without telling you first.
Make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about this.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by potmilkz
i wouldnt have paid for it, i would have told him to strip everything that they had put it, then call the cops.

if you had a reciept or something stating what is needed to be done and a price on that reciept, you can just make it a big issue.

again, its your car. if someone fucks with it, you should have all rights to call the cops.

is it this douche, Brian W.?

write a review on yelp to warn everyone that goes to him. post up your link to your story so that if anyone was to look up their info on yelp, they will think twice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/soundsationa...Sound%20Sation

lol

look at below, i find that funny..

Meet the Manager: Brian W.

Brian W. is manager and the founding partner of Sound Sational. Brian is an Army veteran as well as a graduate of Indiana University who has always has a passion for quality audio and video. He has numerous certifications and awards in the audio industry and has also worked professionally as a sound engineer in the past. One of his favorite sayings is "if the customer isn't smiling--then the jobs not done" Swing by the shop and meet Brian and the rest of the crew at SoundSational.
I cant believe this guy has the quote, "if the customer isn't smiling--the the jobs not done." On my mother's eyes if I wasn't a law abiding citizen I would of jumped over that counter on him. I damn sure wasn't smiling.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
You were definitely not in the wrong. Shady business practice if you ask me. Do as others have suggested and post reviews all over the web. That's one way to make him pay for bending you over.

Hope you're happy with the results though (aside from the money factor).
Old 01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
I would'nt be happy if someone did work to my car without my approval or prior consent,however i hope that you are pleased with the work that was done cost aside.