HFL Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
HFL Problem!

I searched on here, and found somewhat similar problems, but not quite the same. This problem just came out of nowhere yesterday. I got a call, everything was fine. Next call I got, the phone rang, but not the car ringer, just the phone (Blackberry Storm 9530). I could not pick it up. The HFL was already active, under an "unknown" call, which was in handset mode, so my music/radio was still working. I went about my day, and when I got back in the car that evening, it immediately connected my HFL to a call to "unknown". When I hit Hang Up, either on the steering wheel or on the navi, it does nothing. Transferring the call from the phone to the car via the Transfer button activates the call, and it sounds like a connected call, but there's nothing there. At this point, my radio does not work. Also, obviously, my phone is NOT connected to any call. So the car lets me transfer a mystery call to "unknown" to my handset, but when I do, there is no call present at all. It's very, very strange.

I tried deleting the phone from the list in the navigation. I also deleted the HFL entry from my phone, and added both fresh. It works just fine, except as soon as the HFL successfully connects, it immediately picks up a call to "unknown" with nothing there but dead air. It's almost as if the HFL system itself is stuck on a call to nowhere, and it just sits there waiting for a phone to connect the call to. I tried deleting the phone a few times with the same result, and it's very frustrating. I'm on my phone quite often for work, and I'm going to get a ticket if I don't get this working properly! Anybody have any experience with this problem at all?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Instructions for Pairing
Blackberry 9530 Storm with 2010 TL w/Navigation on Verizon

1. Power on the phone and ensure Bluetooth is ON. Please refer to your phone's user guide for steps to turn on Bluetooth
2. Press the INFO button on the radio to activate HandsFreeLink
3. Scroll to “Cellular Phone” and select
4. Select “Phone Setup”
5. Scroll to “Setup Bluetooth Phone” and select
6. Scroll to “Pair a Phone” and select
7. The system will prompt you with a pass-key. You will need to enter this assigned pass-key in the phone if prompted
On The Phone
8. Go into the main menu (press the bottom row button with the Blackberry icon on it)
9. Scroll down to Options, select it
10. Go into Bluetooth
11. Enable Bluetooth power
12. Select Add Device to begin a new pairing search
13. Once search is completed, select the device to pair with
14. Enter the Passkey & press the "Enter" Key on the on-screen keyboard
15. Name the device if asked
16. Assign a priority if requested
The system will acknowledge it has recognized the paired phone. Pairing is complete.

You can also call HandsFreeLink® Customer Service 1.888.528.7876
Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the same exact thing. no need to delete or re-pair anything. take your phone battery out and reboot your phone and there you go!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBunks
take your phone battery out and reboot your phone and there you go!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was about to say the same thing. Reboot your phone by removing the battery. Although my issues were different and a different phone (BB 8230), rebooting it did the trick and so far the problem has not come back.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Worked like a charm!! You guys are the best. Thanks =)
Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One other thing I have found with the BB Storm 9530 after having it paired to our 08 MDX Sport Tech, 10 TL SH Tech and the ZDX Tech, is that all of the functions will work with the vehicles blue tooth if you tell the BB Storm to "Search" instead of "Listen" when pairing.

Also, be sure you set the paired device in the BB to "Trusted" along with setting the "Encryption" to "Disabled". I have found by trial and error that doing these three things allows you full use of the features (that HFL says are not possible with the BB Storm 9530) and eliminates pairing issues etc.

Also to add to what the other posters said. I hard reset my BB every Sunday by doing a battery pull, more out of habit than anything else, but it does seem to play better with others having done so

Hope that someone finds this of some use.