Disable Navigation Agreement upon start?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disable Navigation Agreement upon start?

I'm a very new 2010 Acura TL Tech/shawd owner of about 4 days now. Leading up to the purchase I scoured this site pretty good gaining knowledge. I've not seen a thread or read anything about disabling the annoying agreement condition on the Navi everytime I start the vehicle. Is there any way to bypass/disable this?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Short answer.....Not yet
Old 02-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TLNV
Short answer.....Not yet
Jeez... holy crap. Also some way of disabling the "unverified area" message too! ugh. :P
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Short answer.. no..
Old 03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Intermediate

not relevant but still related to display screen:
what setting should I chose which will turn my display to night mode when I start my car during night time (after dusk); It used to switch to night mode depending upon day light intensity but not any more (is it related to Traffic/Weather service or XM- I cancelled all of those subscriptions)
Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tobe_cx7
not relevant but still related to display screen:
what setting should I chose which will turn my display to night mode when I start my car during night time (after dusk); It used to switch to night mode depending upon day light intensity but not any more (is it related to Traffic/Weather service or XM- I cancelled all of those subscriptions)
nothing to do w/ traf/weather/xm

should do so automatically

you may have the brightness turned up to much

ck out the screen brightness button - bottom left from the screen knob
Old 04-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
KP technologies made a fix for the 3G "Nav OK" screen.... it requires splicing wires into your brand new $40k+ technologically advanced car... if you are OK with that, i am sure there is a way

to me, its not big deal.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Eli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
KP technologies made a fix for the 3G "Nav OK" screen.... it requires splicing wires into your brand new $40k+ technologically advanced car... if you are OK with that, i am sure there is a way

to me, its not big deal.
I imagine it's theoretically possible to reverse engineer the thing and make a custom update DVD that patches the software on the hard drive through the nav update process. But the people who develop car mods aren't usually that great with software and immediately resort to splicing wires to overpriced black boxes.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
How about a way to have it default to the Radio display after agreeing, rather than always going to the navigation screen? I almost never use navigation, but I always use the radio.
The following users liked this post:
Cajun (01-04-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
should be a custom option in the setup

Originally Posted by emanon256
How about a way to have it default to the Radio display after agreeing, rather than always going to the navigation screen? I almost never use navigation, but I always use the radio.
I agree - rather annoying to have it default to Nav - and pressing OK is annoying - maybe once but not everyday!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
10th Gear

Yeah, you would think you could change this setting in the Keyless Memory settings? I thought I was the only one that thought the Nav confirmation was annoying.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
really guys..

you guys dont have a problem pressing that small start button, but you guys have a biggggggg issue pressing the OK button for the navi.

its 1 second of your life.. get over it. you cant disable it as of now. no point of talking about it.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
My wife's 09 Ody defaults to a clock when we ignore the nav agreement. Wish our TL's would do something like this as opposed to going blank.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
really guys..

you guys dont have a problem pressing that small start button, but you guys have a biggggggg issue pressing the OK button for the navi.

its 1 second of your life.. get over it. you cant disable it as of now. no point of talking about it.
making excuses for acura as expected from you pottzmilk!

i agree with the OP, this option is ridiculous! if you don't agree, then im not sure where in the world you came from, plain and simple....
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EazyRider562
making excuses for acura as expected from you pottzmilk!

i agree with the OP, this option is ridiculous! if you don't agree, then im not sure where in the world you came from, plain and simple....
Actually every GPS has a warning before use, so it's not just an Acura issue. Try using a Garmin sometime. And it could be way worse, at least you can still use the GPS to input an address while driving in an Acura. In my friend's Lexus she can't if the car is being driven. Only works if she has the vehicle in park.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:47 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,144 Likes on 817 Posts
For the previous gen. A6 sedans, only the US models had this initial startup warning screen, but not the European models. However, any factory official firmware update (warranty bug-fixing or paid service) would remove this annoying startup warning screen.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
I'm with potmilkz on this one, I will never understand how people can get so annoyed with pushing one button one time to advance past that screen.

One feature I wish did exist though is an option to bring the wallpaper back up after you've "agreed".
Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM
10th Gear

I guess Acura thinks most people are lost and wants us to use the gps
its been 3 weeks since I got my TL and still find it pain.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by rsteagall
I'm a very new 2010 Acura TL Tech/shawd owner of about 4 days now. Leading up to the purchase I scoured this site pretty good gaining knowledge. I've not seen a thread or read anything about disabling the annoying agreement condition on the Navi everytime I start the vehicle. Is there any way to bypass/disable this?
It gets worse...New models will not allow input while the car is in gear. Even if you are a passenger you will not be able to input an address while you are on your way to the destination.

Proof that there are too many lawyers in the U.S.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 03-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DreDuo (08-29-2013)
Old 03-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
My wife's 09 Ody defaults to a clock when we ignore the nav agreement. Wish our TL's would do something like this as opposed to going blank.
Mine defaults to my set wallpaper if I don't press the OK button to agree to the NAV agreement.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

Acura Navigation Startup Screen - Very Annoying

I have to say that the start screen is my only major issue with acura, having to see that disclosure notice every day bugs me. It always feels like i'm renewing my vow to a lawyer to drive safely daily it sucks. My ZDX is suppose to be a car that takes my stress away not add to it by this small but annoying thought less option. Yes you can ignore the ok button till the Wallpaper appears, But I really think you should have a legit option to get this fixed, and not have to create a hack CD. Come on Acura..you are better than that, listen to your customers please.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:51 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,144 Likes on 817 Posts
Acura has listened.

On the new RLX and new MDX, the "Navigation disclaimer start screen" will only stay on for a couple of seconds whenever the vehicle is first started, it will then disappear automatically without requiring any input from the driver.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
I rarely push the button... I just let it go to straight to wall paper. I have my audio set to play all random.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CerberusKy
I rarely push the button... I just let it go to straight to wall paper. I have my audio set to play all random.
I've been doing this too, though I have my wall paper turned off. I used to use the screen for the radio, but I've found the little LCD display is sufficient. I honestly prefer the nav screen off except for the rare instance in which I use it.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont think you can...i just dont press anything and let it go straight to my wallpaper
Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by t3rry_g
i dont think you can...i just dont press anything and let it go straight to my wallpaper
With Key fob #1 this happens.

With Key fob #2 the screen turns off automatically.

Looked through the in dash menu and the NAV menu to find the setting for this but wasn't successful.

Anyone know how to change this setting? TIA.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by evocative
With Key fob #1 this happens.

With Key fob #2 the screen turns off automatically.

Looked through the in dash menu and the NAV menu to find the setting for this but wasn't successful.

Anyone know how to change this setting? TIA.
It's under wall paper options. There is an option for blank screen.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I've got a '14 RDX, and if you don't press the OK button, the screen will default to the wallpaper and at that point, it appears that the nav is off as well as the annoying beep whenever the vehicle travels through an "unverified" area. (For those of us who live in a rural area, it happens frequently.)

But once the GPS has been used, there doesn't seem to be a way of turning it off and returning to the wallpaper without shutting the car off and restarting it. Does anyone know of a way?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:35 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by davisinla
I've got a '14 RDX, and if you don't press the OK button, the screen will default to the wallpaper and at that point, it appears that the nav is off as well as the annoying beep whenever the vehicle travels through an "unverified" area. (For those of us who live in a rural area, it happens frequently.)

But once the GPS has been used, there doesn't seem to be a way of turning it off and returning to the wallpaper without shutting the car off and restarting it. Does anyone know of a way?
Yes clicking through the menu, info screen, other, show wallpaper.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Advanced

I was very annoyed by this today. I have a newer 2009 TL. Got a phone call after I started driving. Would not display the phone number until I clicked OK button.
My '06 TL would show the caller ID right on the dashboard display.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mnjeepmale
I was very annoyed by this today. I have a newer 2009 TL. Got a phone call after I started driving. Would not display the phone number until I clicked OK button.
My '06 TL would show the caller ID right on the dashboard display.
That's my biggest pet peeve too.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:02 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
damn you guys are picky...
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Intermediate

you know that button you hit to start your car? just think..one more button after that and the agreement screen goes away!
Old 06-15-2024, 06:04 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by rsteagall
I concur it’s a safety issue with me because usually I’ve gotta hop in the car and run somewhere real quick as Captain save a hoe. However, the review camera does not click on until that screen goes off so you have to wait for the duration of it so it’s a safety issue. I don’t want it on there when I bought this one which is the second one I’ve got the first one didn’t have it on it in 2015 RDX and the 2017 RDX did not have it during the test drive and the first two weeks and then all sudden that came on and automatically comes up every single time I start the car it goes away and doesn’t come back on again, but it’s really annoying especially whenever you’re trying to back out of your spot and you have to wait so many seconds for that to click on when I’m outside my house I’m in a hurry to get back inside agoraphobia and an anxiety disorder. The manifest itself as agoraphobia specifically terrifying stretch of the drivers here in New Orleans are terrible. They all get their drivers license and a cracker jack box don’t use a blinker. I can’t believe I didn’t have an advanced package the first time around because I really need that blind spot monitoring and all these idiots are trying to kill me this first 2015 Would the guy T-bone me and in my driver side door, his Nissan was destroyed and had to be towed. Mine wasn’t even out of alignment and they still totaled it out. Oh well I got a better one out of it anyway you’re and a half later took a while to find another second gen… however, this is a safety issue to me. I don’t need that screen on there. I need to see what’s behind me. Make sure there’s no children or animals or in some cases bikes or cars or even furniture sometimes people throw things behind behind there or even the trash I forgot to run all the way to the can due to distraction and I can’t turn around look behind me like I used to be able to in my other vehicles because it hurts a lot due to a spinal injury… plus the review camera is much more visibility than the back window…
Old 06-15-2024, 06:10 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by cyberphox
you know that button you hit to start your car? just think..one more button after that and the agreement screen goes away!
my 17 RDX disclaimer doesn’t go away when I hit the OK button it just stays on there for the whole duration and then finally pops off after so many seconds, but I can’t go into reverse and see behind me until that thing goes away. I’m usually in quite a hurry because I wanna get back in my house like I don’t go out leisurely driving. I go out with a purpose just like I go to the store to purchase something I don’t go in there to shop. I go in there to make a purchase like a well planned military strike boom boom boom on out in five minutes. I’m on my way back home lol I am such a man LMAO!