Courtesy lights not working interior

Old 01-24-2017, 02:06 PM
OMGTHEDONNY

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Courtesy lights not working interior

So I just realized last night that the Courtesy lights are not working inside; the lights I am talking about are the blue-ish lights that light up the center console and also light the floor mats up blue-ish. I tried checking the fuses that are all "Interior light" related and they are all ok - are these light's labeled as a different name? They seem like they are on their own because everything else is working all the other lights inside the car and flood lights under doors are working just the blue-ish lights are not working and the whole center console looks pitch black at night with the exception of the screen

I also made sure the interior brightness level is set high :

Anyone have any experience with these?
Old 01-24-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
they are called "ambient cabin lighting". dont know where or what fuse they would be on, BUT i do know they are soldered onto a circuit board...and not so easily replaceable.

you can take the circuit board out and desolder the LEDs and solder NEW LEDS on if you wish
Old 01-26-2017, 11:52 AM
OMGTHEDONNY

So I also noticed the center console cluster does not light up and the sub is not working; does anyone know what fuse the sub is on?
Old 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM
OMGTHEDONNY

OK so this was a pain in the ass. I pulled fuses till I finally found the one... There is a fuse in the passenger side box called "Right Side Small Lights (Exterior)" Fuse #2 (10amp) This fuse not only controls the external right running light in our headlight, it also controls the interior ambient cabin lights (the blue ones) and the dash cluster lights (radio, heater, navi) they were all on this 1 fuse apparently after replacing it everything came back one :

Hope this helps someone in the future!
The following users liked this post:
clownshoos (08-30-2018)

Search this Thread